Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kumarana
    • By kumarana 3rd Oct 17, 1:15 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    kumarana
    pension
    • 3rd Oct 17, 1:15 AM
    pension 3rd Oct 17 at 1:15 AM
    Hello

I am 38 year self employed.I have started NEST pension
    year ago.

investing 200 per month.

I was wondering if any one can direct me to a better pension scheme.
    how do I start imvesting in better scheme

any help appreciated

Thanks
Page 1
    • tacpot12
    • By tacpot12 3rd Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    • 742 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    tacpot12
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:22 AM
    The NEST scheme is ok; what don't you like about it?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 3rd Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    • 89,853 Posts
    • 56,511 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:52 AM
    I am 38 year self employed.I have started NEST pension
    Unusual for a self employed person to use NEST. What made you do that?

I was wondering if any one can direct me to a better pension scheme.
    Better in what sense?

NEST is basic and aimed at auto-enrolment for small schemes that the big companies cant really do cost-effectively. It's not aimed at self-employed (although they do it - which I personally consider being a bad thing given their taxpayer funding). Its not a bad scheme but there are plenty better in most areas. Its just a case of making sure what you have matches what you are looking for in a pension.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,726Posts Today

7,218Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin