Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fosnightmare
    • By fosnightmare 2nd Oct 17, 11:01 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fosnightmare
    Arnold Clark + Trustpilot
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:01 PM
    Arnold Clark + Trustpilot 2nd Oct 17 at 11:01 PM
    I've made a number of attempts to leave a review about Arnold Clark on Trustpilot. But they keep deleting them. I give A.C a 1 star as they charged me over £490 for an interim service + mot + shock absorbers. If you notice, A.C have a 5 star standing on Trustpilot - there's no way they're that. I'd say about 99% of people giving them a 5 star rating have only ever left 1 review. Makes me think.........
    If Trustpilot keep deleting low star reviews, this is giving the consumer a false image of A.C. Is there anyone I can complain to about this?
Page 1
    • photome
    • By photome 3rd Oct 17, 6:27 AM
    • 12,735 Posts
    • 8,212 Thanks
    photome
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:27 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:27 AM
    Trustpilot are not to be trusted, they delete Wren kitchens 1 star reviews as well
    Last edited by photome; 03-10-2017 at 6:29 AM.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 3rd Oct 17, 6:39 AM
    • 457 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:39 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:39 AM
    TP don't remove the reviews, they allow the companies that subscribe to them to. You then have to "prove" to TP satisfaction you are genuine.

Personally I think they are useless as a review site.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 03-10-2017 at 7:01 AM.
    • fosnightmare
    • By fosnightmare 3rd Oct 17, 6:54 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fosnightmare
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:54 AM
    Tp
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:54 AM
    I placed another review late last night and it's been deleted already! The 5 star ones have been verified as 'verified purchase' or 'verified order'. How can that happen overnight when A.C are meant to be closed? I gave them my name and car reg - that's all they ask so it's genuine. It was last Thursday I went. So is it really AC who are deleting them? Shouldn't be allowed.
    • cherylsurrey
    • By cherylsurrey 3rd Oct 17, 7:00 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    cherylsurrey
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:00 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:00 AM
    I left a review for another company on trust pilot, this company also remove all the bad reviews they have written about them, I was not informed they had done this by Trustpilot, but knowing they did this I kept and eye out.

As soon as it was removed I sent a detailed email with all my evidence that what I was saying was true. Companies can flag reviews for deletion if they are not accurate, you just have to prove it is.

They put the review back up very quickly after that as I could prove I was telling the truth.
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 3rd Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 457 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    I placed another review late last night and it's been deleted already! The 5 star ones have been verified as 'verified purchase' or 'verified order'. How can that happen overnight when A.C are meant to be closed? I gave them my name and car reg - that's all they ask so it's genuine. It was last Thursday I went. So is it really AC who are deleting them? Shouldn't be allowed.
    Originally posted by fosnightmare

I have seen reviews removed out of hours by 24/7 Home Rescue. All they need is access to the web site. TP allow it but its the company you are reviewing who are doing the removing. They pay TP to allow them to remove reviews they think are not genuine. You then have to prove to TP that you are.
    • photome
    • By photome 3rd Oct 17, 7:05 AM
    • 12,735 Posts
    • 8,212 Thanks
    photome
    I left a review for another company on trust pilot, this company also remove all the bad reviews they have written about them, I was not informed they had done this by Trustpilot, but knowing they did this I kept and eye out.

As soon as it was removed I sent a detailed email with all my evidence that what I was saying was true. Companies can flag reviews for deletion if they are not accurate, you just have to prove it is.

They put the review back up very quickly after that as I could prove I was telling the truth.
    Originally posted by cherylsurrey
    that is what is supposed to happen but that isnt what happens according to hundreds of dissatisfied Wren customers , Wren are on rip off britain this week
    • scd3scd4
    • By scd3scd4 3rd Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    • 457 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    scd3scd4
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    that is what is supposed to happen but that isnt what happens according to hundreds of dissatisfied Wren customers , Wren are on rip off britain this week
    Originally posted by photome

Yep......stick 24/7 Rescue with them and the other one Service Stop. TP has one of the worse review system, its pants.
    Last edited by scd3scd4; 03-10-2017 at 7:31 AM.
    • Shaka_Zulu
    • By Shaka_Zulu 3rd Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    • 1,026 Posts
    • 2,335 Thanks
    Shaka_Zulu
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:57 AM
    I'm not a fan of AC but surely you knew the cost of the service before you started, the cost of the MOT is known so all you can be really surprised about is the shock absorbers.
    ‘I’m not in favour of this new-age drippiness’ JRM
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 3rd Oct 17, 8:09 AM
    • 15,252 Posts
    • 20,755 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    Try leaving a 3* instead?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • takman
    • By takman 3rd Oct 17, 10:07 AM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    takman
    I've made a number of attempts to leave a review about Arnold Clark on Trustpilot. But they keep deleting them. I give A.C a 1 star as they charged me over £490 for an interim service + mot + shock absorbers. If you notice, A.C have a 5 star standing on Trustpilot - there's no way they're that. I'd say about 99% of people giving them a 5 star rating have only ever left 1 review. Makes me think.........
    If Trustpilot keep deleting low star reviews, this is giving the consumer a false image of A.C. Is there anyone I can complain to about this?
    The issue seems to be why did you agree to pay for it?. Like the poster above said the only thing you can complain about is the price of the Shock Absorbers (Which are technically dampers because the "Shock Absorber" on cars are actually the Springs).

So when they said they were required why didn't you ask how much the work would be and then take the car elsewhere if you were not happy with the price?
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 11th Oct 17, 10:53 AM
    • 1,563 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    eschaton
    I have dealt with AC a number of times over the years. I'd never rate them highly either but if they have carried out chargeable work for me then they have always advised the cost in advance.

Did this not happen with you?

Maybe this is why your 1 star reviews keep getting deleted?
    • eschaton
    • By eschaton 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1,563 Posts
    • 1,268 Thanks
    eschaton
    Trustpilot are not to be trusted, they delete Wren kitchens 1 star reviews as well
    Originally posted by photome
    What reviews can you trust? A few years ago I left two reviews for two different products on the Next website. One was positive, one was negative. They published the positive one and rejected the negative one.
    • photome
    • By photome 11th Oct 17, 4:40 PM
    • 12,735 Posts
    • 8,212 Thanks
    photome
    What reviews can you trust? A few years ago I left two reviews for two different products on the Next website. One was positive, one was negative. They published the positive one and rejected the negative one.
    Originally posted by eschaton
    I have no idea.

word of mouth recomendations from someone you know (like the old days) is best
    • dld2s
    • By dld2s 11th Oct 17, 10:58 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    dld2s
    Like eschaton I have dealt with AC for many years, they have never done any work over the service or MOT without giving me a price first and getting the okay to go ahead with said work
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin