Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tereha
    • By tereha 2nd Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tereha
    Parking Charge for a contravention 4 months ago
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:56 PM
    Parking Charge for a contravention 4 months ago 2nd Oct 17 at 9:56 PM
    Post deleted & unsubscribed. This site is as useful as a chocolate t-pot :-)
    Last edited by tereha; 02-10-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 2nd Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,050 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    Start by having a good read of the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum - All your questions are answered there.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:02 PM
    Start by editing your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people.

What is the name of the parking company please? This will determine which template to use from the NEWBIES thread that you need to go back and read again until it starts to make sense.

Nobody here will suggest you pay anything, let alone the mugs' discount.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 2nd Oct 17, 10:07 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,050 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:07 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:07 PM
    All of it - But if they are sending you an NTK dated September for your parking there in May, then there is no keeper liability and you can tell them to squat and rotate (but don't reveal the driver) and file complaints with the BPA, Store and DVLA.

However if - and I think its more likely, that this is a debt collector letter, then its post four all the way.

So you need the whole thread as the PPC have six years to raise an action against you and you should be properly informed and ready to rebut them strongly if they do send you an LBC.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:11 PM
    Now you need to edit two posts because as far as the law is concerned, The Driver and The Keeper ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. This is a BIG HINT! As was the use of this.

Don't make the scammers job easy for them. Follow the tried and tested advice, and edit your posts now.
    I don't have a sister.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:12 PM
    Thanks Pogofish.

Whats a "LBC", "NTK" and "PPC"?
    Originally posted by tereha
    Most acronyms and abbreviations are explained in the NEWBIES thread, which is why you need to read up on things after you have edited your other posts.
    The regulars here haven't got time to keep explaining stuff over and over again that's already written for you in the NEWBIES.
    I don't have a sister.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:18 PM
    That's better, but you still haven't told us the name of the PPC so we don't know which template you should use.
    I don't have a sister.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:22 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:22 PM
    I understand that and I appreciate that you have gone to a lot of effort to put that section together, but perhaps it needs to be more user friendly so that information can be found more efficiently.

I've been on this site for about 2 hours now and I still can't find the help I need, which is why I posted my question.
    Only two hours? It took months for the NEWBIES to be created and re-written, and amended, and updated as laws and other information changed.

Never mind. I think I'd rather pay the fine than go through all this headache.
    It is not a fine.

If it's a debt collector letter it can be ignored.

If the PPC don't know the identity of the driver, they are stuffed, but you will have to do the legwork.

A single copy and paste of a template will buy you the time to go on holiday and pick this up when you get back, but you need to answer the questions, very simple questions, such as what is the name of the parking company.
    I don't have a sister.

• Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:36 PM
    So while you are waiting you can start reading up on the appeal process.

Print off the acronyms or write them down to help you understand the process. When you know the name of the PPC you can find out which trade association they belong to, which will tell you which template to use from the NEWBIES. No matter who the PCN is from, the template goes to the PPC.
    In other words, if the letter the keeper received is from a debt collector, the template goes to the PPC, saying this is the first the keeper has heard about it and therefore considers it to be the NTK.
    The keeper also adds that the NTK is too late for keeper liability to apply.

The keeper should also complain to the CEO of morrisons that a genuine customer is being scammed by an unregulated parking company. No other reason is needed, but a copy of receipts or redacted bank/credit card statement swill help. In fact, this should be the keeper's first move.
    I don't have a sister.

• tereha
    • By tereha 2nd Oct 17, 10:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tereha
    Tereha - new thread
    I'm confused... you're told to start a new thread, but when you do, you're told to read this AGAIN and AGAIN...
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 2nd Oct 17, 11:27 PM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,050 Thanks
    pogofish
    Thanks Pogofish.

Read the Sticky - everything is explained there.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 11:28 PM
    • 51,807 Posts
    • 65,434 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Because most people who start new threads don't need one! Really, almost none need a thread.

We can't keep up without this sticky FAQs thread, the forum is FAR too busy.

But it works, because we win 99% of POPLA appeals and 99% of defended court claims. Those are people who really do need a new thread, not otherwise!

Not to ask about Debt Recovery Plus nor 'what is my NEXT STEP (grrrr) now this IPC firm has rejected my claim' nor 'I've read the NEWBIES sticky thread but I'm thick and demanding and reading on a phone, so please write it out again for me' - yaaaawwwwnnn...

Originally Posted by tereha
    Thanks Pogofish.

Already answered in post #9 here...that's why you were signposted back here.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 03-10-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 2nd Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 2,393 Posts
    • 2,917 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    "I'm reading... I have about 10 different tabs open to all the different links. I googled some of the acronyms, and I am still baffled."

for now you only need two

the newbies thread and this thread ......

do not google the acronyms, they are forum specific ......

if you are using a phone to browse then a Pc / laptop will improve things .........

you have only been on the forum for a few hours ..... and want answers ...

sadly no one can give you such, as explained above because we do not have enough details

think like this .... you want to have answers as to why you can not see the tv program you want .....

we might ask what device you are watching on

or

who is your provider

wait till you find out what we are asking ....

oh and read some of the newbies thread again

Ralph
    Last edited by Ralph-y; 02-10-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    • tereha
    • By tereha 2nd Oct 17, 11:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tereha
    Gee thanks Ralph!
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 AM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,050 Thanks
    pogofish
    I'm confused... you're told to start a new thread, but when you do, you're told to read this AGAIN and AGAIN...
    You clearly confirmed your understanding of the purpose of stickies and accepted the board policy on hijacking threads as part of your signup.

Which makes this question quite utterly pointless as you already know the answer.

Now if you want the best help on beating private tickets anywhere, go back to the beginning, read carefully and post on your own flaming thread..!
    Last edited by pogofish; 03-10-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 3rd Oct 17, 8:44 AM
    • 8,770 Posts
    • 13,388 Thanks
    worried jim
    Post deleted & unsubscribed. This site is as useful as a chocolate t-pot :-)
    Toys, pram, thrown.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 3rd Oct 17, 8:56 AM
    • 40,521 Posts
    • 80,919 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    That was a waste of time. I could have used it to help someone who wanted to be helped, and was willing to do their own homework instead of expecting someone else to do it for them.

Some posters are about as useful as a chocolate firebrick.
    I don't have a sister.

• Johno100
    • By Johno100 3rd Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 3,240 Posts
    • 3,536 Thanks
    Johno100
    Toys, pram, thrown.
    Originally posted by worried jim
    Well just for posterity

Hi,

During May 2017 I parked at the Morrisons Supermarket in Stratford, East London.

My uncle, whose address my old car was registered to (in my name), has texted today me to say I have received a Parking Charge of £100 dated 27th September, reduced to £60 if pay by 11th October.

I have read the threads and I understand that if I complain to Morrisons, theres a good chance that it could be cancelled, but I can't seem to find out what my excuse or grounds for complaint would be as I did not buy a ticket? I stupidly thought the car park worked like most supermarkets (Sainsburys/Tesco/Lidl/Aldi) where you are allowed 2 hours free parking.

I also wondered whether there was a time limit for notifying drivers of the parking contravention, as this happened almost 5 months ago??

I am going on holiday this week, so I need to get this sorted before the charge goes up on the 11th. I should also add that I do not have the physical ticket... it's in Kent... with my uncle.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for your time.
    xxx
    by tereha
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 15,932 Posts
    • 24,719 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Bye bye.

DLTDHYITAOTWO

We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 6th Oct 17, 8:39 AM
    • 59,594 Posts
    • 42,289 Thanks
    soolin
    Apologies for any confusion- I've moved some posts from the Newbies thread and added them to an existing thread. However the OP has decided to walk away and delete everything so this thread is now defunct and just for tidying up purposes.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,704Posts Today

6,859Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin