Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 1961Chris
    • By 1961Chris 2nd Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    1961Chris
    Cold Calling Pension Companies
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    Cold Calling Pension Companies 2nd Oct 17 at 8:37 PM
    Hi,

I received a call today from a pension company called "Pension Audit Centre" who have alerted me to a possibility that my pension has possibly been miss managed etc. etc. as someone who has been paying into a private pension for over 20 years, and have approx another 12 years to pay into it, I thought it would probably a good idea to get a pension review, would anyone be able to advise that the mentioned company are legitimate? their email has outlined the following objectives.

The aim of the review is to:
    a) Update you on how much you have saved in your pension pot.
    b) Inform you on what returns you can expect from your pension/investment.
    c) Give you accurate information on where exactly your money is being invested.
    d) Highlight what fees/charges you are currently paying which can have a massive impact on your final pot value.
    e) Help to put you back in the driving seat and take control of your pension.

The current pension situation in the UK has been heavily advertised in the media/news.

Any advice knowledge of this company would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Page 1
    • Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 2nd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1,929 Posts
    • 2,435 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    Assume that anyone who cold calls you is a scammer and you won't go far wrong.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 2nd Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 35,709 Posts
    • 45,980 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    Well. All i can say is that they are just spinning you a yarn They have cold called you and you are spending precioss time on them ?
    I WOILDNT GIVE THEM THE TIME OF DAY.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 2nd Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 89,880 Posts
    • 56,554 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    I received a call today from a pension company called "Pension Audit Centre" who have alerted me to a possibility that my pension has possibly been miss managed etc. etc.
    Did they alert you to the possibility that your pension has been correctly managed etc?

As your data is not in the public domain, they wont have a clue if you even have a pension, let alone what type or what it has or hasnt done.

. as someone who has been paying into a private pension for over 20 years, and have approx another 12 years to pay into it, I thought it would probably a good idea to get a pension review, would anyone be able to advise that the mentioned company are legitimate?
    No genuine FCA regulated company cold calls. This is why pension cold calling is being banned. It wont affect genuine companies. Just the scammers (although scammers may well continue as breaking the law is not a concern to them).

You should contact a local IFA of your choosing. Not use a cold calling scammer. And just for reference, there is no company called "Pension Audit Centre" on the FCA register. So, they are a scam.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Three Wheels on my Wagon
    • By Three Wheels on my Wagon 8th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Three Wheels on my Wagon
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:25 PM
    Its a scam. They are trying to frighten you, ignore them.
    • crv1963
    • By crv1963 8th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    crv1963
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 6:40 PM
    Hi,

I received a call today from a pension company called "Pension Audit Centre" who have alerted me to a possibility that my pension has possibly been miss managed etc.

I thought it would probably a good idea to get a pension review, would anyone be able to advise that the mentioned company are legitimate? their email has outlined the following objectives.

The aim of the review is to:
    a) Update you on how much you have saved in your pension pot.
    b) Inform you on what returns you can expect from your pension/investment.
    c) Give you accurate information on where exactly your money is being invested.
    d) Highlight what fees/charges you are currently paying which can have a massive impact on your final pot value.
    e) Help to put you back in the driving seat and take control of your pension.

The current pension situation in the UK has been heavily advertised in the media/news.

Any advice knowledge of this company would be appreciated.

Thank You.
    Originally posted by 1961Chris

a) to c) you should be able to obtain yourself from your pension provider. They can tell you d) as well then you can compare for yourself or ask here for unbiased views. Then e) you have chosen your provider and jf you want to change you can or seek advice either from a IFA or using your own research.

Sounds like a scam as others above had stated.
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
    • Aretnap
    • By Aretnap 8th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 2,842 Posts
    • 2,338 Thanks
    Aretnap
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 8:54 PM
    As above, no reputable company will cold call you regarding your pension. Normally if you are cold called by someone offering a free pension review the ultimate goal is to persuade you to transfer your pension to an unregulated high risk investment (eg storage pods, airport parking spaces, "ethical" Brazilian forestry) with the promise of wholly unrealistic returns. The scanners then make a killing from high hidden fees and backhanders from the people running the investments (which are themselves set up to siphon off Investors money) and you end up losing most or all of your retirement savings.

If you're concerned about your pension arrangements seek advice from a local IFA - you will have to pay for it, but it won't cost you as much as the "free" advice from a child caller.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,465Posts Today

8,200Users online

Martin's Twitter