Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 2nd Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 1Thanks
    SherriO
    Morgage application and maternity
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:24 PM
    Morgage application and maternity 2nd Oct 17 at 8:24 PM
    Hi 👋🏼 new to MSE here and was hoping someone could help me. So we got a DIP from kessington (as the OH has a settled ccj that is just over 2 yeas old for over a thousand pounds) I have been on maternity due to return to work first week of next month November. Now I am a bit worried as I know lenders tend to ask for 3 months payslips and the last 3 months have been unpaid as I am on 1 years mat leave.Would that pose a problem for our application? Thank u in advance.
Page 1
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 2nd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    Anyone.. pretty please
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 2nd Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 56,197 Posts
    • 49,577 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    Are you proposing to apply now for a mortgage?
    “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
    ― Warren Buffett
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 3rd Oct 17, 6:19 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:19 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:19 AM
    Yes we are. Already found a newbuild we are interested in. Thanks
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 3rd Oct 17, 6:21 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:21 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:21 AM
    We are using the help to buy. Apparently Kensington joined the scheme this year.
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 3rd Oct 17, 6:36 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:36 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:36 AM
    My husband is the main applicant as I only work part time.
    • clairebeth
    • By clairebeth 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    clairebeth
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    I haven't used your lender, but recently remortgaged with First Direct while on mat leave, in fact I'm still on mat leave now. They needed letter from HR to say I was returning on X hours X terms and conditions, my three most recent mat leave payslips and my last payslip from before I started mat leave.
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 3rd Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:35 PM
    Thank you so much. I have not been asked for any yet. But will go ahead and get them ready.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 3rd Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,925 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    KMC should be OK if.

Your Employer can confirm return to work date and return terms.

Any future childcare costs are affordable.

Saving in place to support household budget whilst there is a drop in income.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 3rd Oct 17, 9:48 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    Thanks a lot!
    • clairebeth
    • By clairebeth 4th Oct 17, 12:11 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    clairebeth
    Oooh, yes, they will take childcare costs into account and you'll need to have the info ready for them. We were fortunate in that eldest was starting school when youngest started nursery, so childcare costs didn't actually change for us. We use childcare vouchers (tax free childcare) that come off our wages. FD were great about this and knew all about it, used the 'post tax/NI' amount as the amount we pay in childcare costs etc, but might be worthwhile having all that info crystal clear for them.
    • SherriO
    • By SherriO 4th Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SherriO
    Thanks a lot! I have made arrangements with my cousin who will be with baby during the days I am at work. Which is just 3 days (5hrs each day) how do I prove that to them.
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 5th Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    • 10,071 Posts
    • 3,925 Thanks
    amnblog
    You won't have to. Just tell them you have family support if asked.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,359Posts Today

7,582Users online

Martin's Twitter