Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 2nd Oct 17, 7:47 PM
    • 1,103Posts
    • 420Thanks
    Exemplar
    Anyone successfully rejected a car?
    • 2nd Oct 17, 7:47 PM
    Anyone successfully rejected a car? 2nd Oct 17 at 7:47 PM
    We have a 23 month old car on a 48 month PCP.

Car has been to main dealer 5 times now with same fault (leaking - not a cabriolet!).

On 3 occasions no fault found.

2 occasions fault found. 1 costing the dealer £2500, 2nd not known. Last visit car had 2 air-con 'bombs' to deal with the damp smell.

Currently at main dealer again and has been for a week.

We contacted the finance company today and started the rejection process and they stated we would be contacted by a case handler within 3 working days and the average resolution time is 8 weeks.

Has anyone had any experience of what happens? successes/ failures? Ideally we want the car replacing 'like for like'.
    Last edited by Exemplar; 02-10-2017 at 7:48 PM. Reason: .
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
Page 2
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 3rd Oct 17, 1:26 PM
    • 3,333 Posts
    • 3,375 Thanks
    DoaM
    No case can be 100% relied on to give an expected outcome in an inevitably differing case.
    Originally posted by AdrianC
    Unless said case is at a higher court, in which case (if the details are substantially similar) it becomes binding. If the case was an appeal in the County Court then it becomes "persuasive" such that judges are meant to give added weight to the findings.

Other (non-appeal) County Court cases are informational and a judge can give whatever weight to them that they see fit.

(I suspect you already know this, but others may not).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 3rd Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 3,751 Posts
    • 2,764 Thanks
    sheramber
    We tried to reject a new car which made an intermittent knocking sound, despite the garage's several attempts to stop it.

the never do get to the bottom of it.

Despite help from CAB the finance company would not support us but accepted the manufacturer's statement that there was nothing wrong with the car.

Is that fact enough for you`?

We sold the car as soon as we could.
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 3rd Oct 17, 9:21 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 190 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    Unless said case is at a higher court, in which case (if the details are substantially similar) it becomes binding. If the case was an appeal in the County Court then it becomes "persuasive" such that judges are meant to give added weight to the findings.

Other (non-appeal) County Court cases are informational and a judge can give whatever weight to them that they see fit.

(I suspect you already know this, but others may not).
    Originally posted by DoaM
    Can you have an appeal in county court?

For criminal cases appeal are always held at a higher court.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 3rd Oct 17, 11:54 PM
    • 10,145 Posts
    • 7,094 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Can you have an appeal in county court?

For criminal cases appeal are always held at a higher court.
    Originally posted by Warwick Hunt
    Yes. If your appeal is against a decision made by a district judge then it'll be heard by the next level of judge, which will be a circuit judge, also sitting in the County Court.
    • Glover1862
    • By Glover1862 4th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 212 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    Glover1862
    What attitude? I am asking for fact not fiction.
    Originally posted by Exemplar
    If you want facts, contact a solicitor and pay for it, you must be fun to live with.
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 14th Oct 17, 9:40 AM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 420 Thanks
    Exemplar
    Update - Car still with dealer, and in pieces. It's off to a 'pro' bodyshop to have the metal tested for microscopic fractures as they now think this may be the issue. We are still in the loaner. Audi UK are discussing what monies they will put in to a replacement car, so that's a good sign. The finance company have declined to assist and in hindsight I get that.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,496Posts Today

6,860Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin