Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 2nd Oct 17, 5:50 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 20Thanks
    Skye17
    One debt at a time
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:50 PM
    One debt at a time 2nd Oct 17 at 5:50 PM
    Hello
    I have been in debt most of my adult life in September next year I will be 50 and hoping to have reducedmy £22,000 debt quite considerable.

My plan is to pay off one debt at a time while making minimum payments on the others, I have buried my head in the sand for far far too long. I work full time and have a eBay reselling business that I have just started.Hoping this diary will keep me motivate and on track.

I'm also want to lose weight currently 11 stone, not happy with how I looking. I used to go to Slimming World and lost over a stone. Did think about re-joining however the money can go on repayments and I will list my progress here.

So the first debt to be paid in MBNA Credit Card this one is small £73.52, min payment is £25.00 and I have travel expenses due on the 15th which will just cover the rest. All other debts are much larger.

Wish me luck!

Skye.
    Last edited by Skye17; 03-10-2017 at 5:48 PM.
Page 1
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 3rd Oct 17, 6:09 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:09 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:09 AM
    Back to work today after 12 day off Tried to have an early night than plan did not work, up at about 12:30am having a cup of tea, so not feeling to best this morning.

While I was tossing and turning last night came planned my To Do list for October:

* Pay MNBA Card
    * Buy pet insurance
    * Reduce overdraft by £10.00
    * Meal plan and use what we already have in the cupboards and freezer
    * Exercise - not just walking the dog!
    * List 5 items a day on eBay
    * Have 10 NSD's

Today will be a spend day as I need fuel. I also have a parcel to post, although the buyer has already paid for this and the money comes from a separate account.

Very dark and wet in Wales at the moment, hopefully we will have a dry day. Off to make lunch for work.
    • Purplebonnie
    • By Purplebonnie 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    Purplebonnie
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 8:20 AM
    Hi Skye17, I have just started my DF journey too. I have debts & am overweight (and paying off MBNA first), so a few things in common with you. You sound positive so looking forward to reading your poss. Enjoy your day
    September 2017 Total Debt £37188.89 / DFD 01/05/22
    October 2017 Debt £36149.48 / DFD 01/04/22
    Extra Payments : 0.1% = £37.19 Total paid 0.3%
    MBNA - £5350.73

October Food Budget : £200/£114.94 Extra Income £100 /£81.06
    SFD : 8/31 Weight Loss (Goal 8lbs) :
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 3rd Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:40 PM
    Hi Skye17, I have just started my DF journey too. I have debts & am overweight (and paying off MBNA first), so a few things in common with you. You sound positive so looking forward to reading your poss. Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by Purplebonnie
    Thank you Purplebonnie for stopping by, stopped by your diary, you are doing so well on your journey.

I have made a payment of £73.52 to MBNA1, this has now cleared that card: Expensive are due in on the 15th when most of my DD go out!

Next card to be attached has a much larger balance MBNA2 £4.728.48. My car is due is first MOT in November so need to save some money to cover the cost, I will then start to make overpayments to the credit card.

Today has been a NSD 1/10

Definitely need to buy fuel in the morning, car is running on fumes. Looking to list a few items on eBay this evening. Dinner this evening is ham, potatoes, peas and parsley sauce, all ingredients are here.
    Last edited by Skye17; 03-10-2017 at 5:43 PM.
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 4th Oct 17, 6:33 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:33 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:33 AM
    Good Morning,

Dry start to the day here in South Wales, line full of washing all ready out, fingers crossed the weather will be fine all day. Today will be a NSD, I am going to walk to work today so no need to buy fuel.

Lunch is prepared and bolognaise sauce taken out of the freezer for dinner this evening. Need to ring the tax office later appears I did not pay enough tax last year, don't understand why as I haven't changed jobs.

Have a good day all.
    October 2017
    Barclaycard - £2891.00/£0.00
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 4th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    NSD no 2 for me today!

Enjoyed my walk to and from work and the rain kept off until i got back home, the washing on the line was also dry.

Didn't have time to ring the tax office today, so busy in work, will try again tomorrow, will defiantly have to buy fuel tomorrow as I have a meeting to attend.

Register for Credit Club, easier to keep track of everything is in one place, will be checking regularly for motivation. Need to set up MBNA2 as a payee on my online banking ready to make overpayments. Need to locate the CC first not in the place a thought it was

Off to make dinner.
    October 2017
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 5th Oct 17, 5:57 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:57 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:57 PM
    Today has been very busy in work and I am mentally drained, the joys of working with young people. Good days and bad days, tomorrow will be better.

Had to buy fuel this morning as I had a meeting to attend spent £30.00, next spend day will be Saturday when I do a food shop,

My MBNA card is now generating interest so I will look to do a couple of balance transfer to get all my cards back to %0 and then decide which one to concentrate on.

My plans this evening are dinner, bath and an early night.
    October 2017
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 7th Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 7:29 AM
    Yesterday was a spend day as I had to contribute to a leaving gift. Today will also be a spend day as I am going grocery shopping later.

Completed a balance transfer on to my MBNA card this morning from Halifax, when this transfer is complete, I will moved to other MBNA card I have on to the Halifax card which is also offering me a balance transfer.

Today To Do List

* Pack and post two parcels.
    * Grocery shopping.
    * Clean bathroom.
    * Clean kitchen.
    * Clean hall.
    * Change bedding.
    * Three loads of washing to do and dry.
    * eBay listing.

Have a good day all.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,864 Thanks
    beanielou
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 7th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    Happy shiny new diary
    Great idea to set up MBNA as a BP.
    It really helps to chuck anything extra to it.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Purplebonnie
    • By Purplebonnie 8th Oct 17, 7:43 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    Purplebonnie
    Sounds like you are doing well Skye17. I hope you had time to relax on Saturday after completing your long to-do list.
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 16th Oct 17, 5:34 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    Haven't updated for a while, I have not been feeling too good and only just getting the essentials done. Starting to feel better again.

I have managed to make some balance transfers and all my C.C are now back to 0%. So I am going to concentrate on my Barclaycard which is £2891.00. If I can pay off the £891.00 by Christmas I will be pleased.

Did some batch cooking on Sunday, 12 potions of curry and 12 bolognaise sauce in the freezer. DH made veg soup today with carrots, onions and potatoes from the garden and what he could find in the bottom of the fridge, so its soup for dinner this evening and the rest will be frozen.

EBay sales have been slow over the last week or so but I haven't listed much either. I have listed a few items this afternoon and will do some more tomorrow.

Haven't been keeping track of my spending so need to get back on track with this, Today was a spend day £30.00 fuel went in the car.

Onwards and upwards.
    • Happierdays
    • By Happierdays 16th Oct 17, 5:43 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    Happierdays
    Just read through your diary... that's good you are feeling a bit better
    Well done on the batch cooking- that's an impressive number of portions! Inspires me and reminds me that i really must plan a batch cooking session- never really done it before... ditto nsd s so those will be my nxt challenges to try!
    Keep going, you are doing well, good luck
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 16th Oct 17, 7:58 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    Just read through your diary... that's good you are feeling a bit better
    Well done on the batch cooking- that's an impressive number of portions! Inspires me and reminds me that i really must plan a batch cooking session- never really done it before... ditto nsd s so those will be my nxt challenges to try!
    Keep going, you are doing well, good luck
    Originally posted by Happierdays
    Thank you Happierdays for stopping by, we tends to batch cook every few months, so much easier I find when deciding what to have for dinner each evening. I have been sorting out the tall freezer in my kitchen this evening and I have cleared a shelf, so that I can put the meals for the week on the shelf when I write my meal plan for the week.
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 17th Oct 17, 5:35 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    I hoped today would be a NSD alas it was not to be! £5.00 towards a gift for a work colleagues new baby.

Checking my Next statement today and there is a credit of £65.00 showing don't know how, thought the balance was 0.00, will request this credited back to me tomorrow and pay towards Barclaycard.

Had two EBay sale today which I'm grateful for, two more items out the door. Challenging myself not to spend any more money this month on stock and list what I have.

Lasagne, salad and garlic bread for dinner, will portion the leftovers and freeze for work lunches.
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 21st Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    Today is very wet, cold and windy in South Wales, will not be going out today, so a NSD will be happening. Achieved 2 NSD since my last post. Rang Next for the credit to be returned, which they action, can expect the credit between 5 to 10 working days.

Meals for next week have been planned using what we have in, will need to buy bread and milk on Monday. Going to spend sometime decluttering my living room, looking around at how much stuff I have and don't need. Looking to remove 10 items today which will go into the loft ready for a car boot. Also need to start lighting my candles, love a candle, looking a 8 in my living room as I type. Will work my way through the rest of the house over the next few weeks. Dreading the front living room, there are floor to ceiling bookcases along one wall full of books.

Also eBay is planned for this afternoon, been staying away from the charity shops, if I can get 25 items listed later I may go to the car boot in the morning.
    October 2017
    • Skye17
    • By Skye17 21st Oct 17, 12:02 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Skye17
    Just found the new episode of Criminal Minds on my planner not leaving the sofa for the next hour.
    October 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,799Posts Today

6,969Users online

Martin's Twitter