Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kamran7777
    • By kamran7777 2nd Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kamran7777
    Partial Settlement no default
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:07 PM
    Partial Settlement no default 2nd Oct 17 at 5:07 PM
    Hi
    I had few defaults which are removed now however for one CC they never put a default on my name but continued as 6 late payments. I Partly settled with them in 2014 and it's still on my credit file with current balance of 0. Please note there is no default for that account.

My question is would it have impact when I go to apply for credit. my score is 910.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 13,683 Posts
    • 14,145 Thanks
    zx81
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    Your score is irrelevant. No one sees it or uses it.

The late payments will show for 6 years, and lenders will take that into account when you apply for credit, along with the rest of your history.

The older they get, the better.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,053Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin