Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • oldenglish
    • By oldenglish 2nd Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    oldenglish
    PCN-Parking Eye
    • 2nd Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    PCN-Parking Eye 2nd Oct 17 at 4:56 PM
    Hi new to the forum but hope Ive got this right

Just received a PCN today from Parking Eye stating my vehicle had overstayed at a Morrisons by 30 mins and was recorded on ANPR
    Now I am the keeper of the vehicle but was not the driver so I understand they have to send a keeper notice within 14 days of the date of their claim
    They claim this was on 13th May 2017 and the date of issue of the PCN was 28/09/ 17 so we are looking at a 4 month gap !! This is also the first correspondence from them to date
    Now everything I have read so far it would appear they have screwed up with this unless there is something I dont now about
    If this is the case it also makes me wonder about the legitimacy of their application to DVLA and when that was made I understand they use the "Just cause " means to apply to DVLA for keeper details now if they have made that application after the 14 day period its clear they know they cannot comply with sec4 POFA and realistically should lose the entitlement to even apply for that data
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 16,947 Posts
    • 21,081 Thanks
    Redx
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:03 PM
    use the blue text appeal and add an extra paragraph stating that they failed POFA2012 due to this time lapse

appeal as KEEPER (not driver - do not tell them who was driving)

you have what is known on here as a "golden ticket" , so presumably they did not have the POFA2012 29 day paragraph then ?

they have 6 months to apply to the DVLA for the details (possibly longer with just cause)

dont overthink it , just do as we say and get it quashed by PE or later by POPLA
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • oldenglish
    • By oldenglish 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oldenglish
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:09 PM
    Thanks for that and will do
    Dont worry wasnt overthinking just hoping I could kick them back up the !!!! as well lol
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 16,947 Posts
    • 21,081 Thanks
    Redx
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:15 PM
    no idea how you are going to do that UNLESS you win this , prove a DPA breach with the assistance of the ICO and then issue an LBC and MCOL for several hundred pounds ( say £250 to £750) for a DPA breach

you have 6 years to do this once you have quashed this pcn (plenty of info on this forum about it)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,902Posts Today

8,612Users online

Martin's Twitter