Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKTigerlily
    • By UKTigerlily 2nd Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    • 4,309Posts
    • 5,368Thanks
    UKTigerlily
    0 WOW
    Thomson refund trouble
    • 2nd Oct 17, 4:36 PM
    0 WOW
    Thomson refund trouble 2nd Oct 17 at 4:36 PM
    Hi everyone,

My Mum has booked a coach tour for me to go on, with Shearings but it is booked through Thomson

Thomson have said it's been cancelled on their/Shearings end, due to not enough people going

We are having trouble getting a refund, as my Mum lives 150 miles from me & apparently she has to be there in person (no phone refunds) *&* I have to be there too?!

They happily took money from her card, over the phone & without me there. Why do I have to be there when I didn't pay anything towards it & it's them cancelling? Will they pay the 150 mile trip so we can get it?

They also say insurance we may not get back, yet there's nothing to say that, only if *I* cancel

Any advice please?
    2015 weight loss: 86/100Ibs
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 2nd Oct 17, 5:04 PM
    • 6,993 Posts
    • 8,601 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:04 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:04 PM
    Perhaps ring your bank and ask for a chargeback.
    • photome
    • By photome 2nd Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 12,734 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    photome
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:14 PM
    That doesnt make any sense

One person used a card to buy a holiday from Thomsons.

Thomsons have cancelled but wont refund to the card that paid unless 2 people are there in person. is that right?
    • UKTigerlily
    • By UKTigerlily 2nd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 4,309 Posts
    • 5,368 Thanks
    UKTigerlily
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:41 PM
    That doesnt make any sense

One person used a card to buy a holiday from Thomsons.

Thomsons have cancelled but wont refund to the card that paid unless 2 people are there in person. is that right?
    Originally posted by photome
    That's spot on, ridiculous right? Never heard of that before, 100% of it was paid by my Mum, on her card, without me there
    2015 weight loss: 86/100Ibs
    • photome
    • By photome 2nd Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 12,734 Posts
    • 8,211 Thanks
    photome
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    That's spot on, ridiculous right? Never heard of that before, 100% of it was paid by my Mum, on her card, without me there
    Originally posted by UKTigerlily
    have they said why they wont refund to the card over the phone? have they said why both people need to be there.

Have you asked on their social media pages

as peaceful says you could try a chargeback
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 2nd Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 4,875 Posts
    • 3,554 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    I would definitely speak to them via Twitter or Facebook, often you get a better response via social media
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,334Posts Today

7,288Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin