Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • woolythoughts
    • By woolythoughts 2nd Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 68Thanks
    woolythoughts
    CCJ and BR and credit file
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:18 PM
    CCJ and BR and credit file 2nd Oct 17 at 2:18 PM
    Hi

Cleaned up my credit file after my BR in March 2012. I was discharged in 2013.

A couple of creditors default date are showing a few months later but Iím ok with this since itís not worth fighting over. I have credit cards, mortgage etc so once the BR drops off in March it should be the end of it.

The one issue thought is a CCJ which I incurred in October 2011. I would expect it drop off at the end of this month but itís showing as active still. I would have thought the BR would have superseded the CCJ so Iím a little confused.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 2nd Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 12,724 Posts
    • 12,064 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    It should be off your updated file in November, wait and see.

In any case it would of been quashed by your Bankruptcy.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • woolythoughts
    • By woolythoughts 2nd Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    woolythoughts
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:42 PM
    So why does it still show as active? I can understand it being there intil November but not showing as active still?
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 2nd Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 12,724 Posts
    • 12,064 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:05 PM
    So why does it still show as active? I can understand it being there intil November but not showing as active still?
    Originally posted by woolythoughts
    Obviously your OR should of informed the Owner of the judgement about your Bankruptcy, so it should show as settled.

It will still be 6 years before it comes off your file.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,280Users online

Martin's Twitter