Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MikeyJH
    • By MikeyJH 2nd Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MikeyJH
    Halifax, Refusing to make PPI Decision
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:55 PM
    Halifax, Refusing to make PPI Decision 2nd Oct 17 at 1:55 PM
    I dont get it, how can Halifax refuse to make a decision on my PPI Claim? I have contacted them and they state, that they will not make a decision on this claim at this time? They give me no idea, how long it will be before they make the decision. I started this claim with them back in March, I thought they had to make a decision within 8 weeks?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 14,389 Posts
    • 15,184 Thanks
    zx81
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    They won't make a decision until they've completed their investigations. They can't just guess.

With everyone having one last leap onto the bandwagon, timescales are likely to extend.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 2nd Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    • 89,900 Posts
    • 56,577 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    I have contacted them and they state, that they will not make a decision on this claim at this time?
    There are three outcomes on a PPI complaint at this time.

1 - Upheld complaint
    2 - rejected complaint
    3 - Complaint put on hold whilst awaiting a plevin calculation.

If its number 3, then that means your complaint has been rejected but they need to see if it falls under the plevin ruling (and these have been on hold for upto a year now).

So, when you say they "will not make a decision", is it because of the plevin ruling?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,062Posts Today

6,815Users online

Martin's Twitter