Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • enigma82
    • By enigma82 2nd Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 12Thanks
    enigma82
    0 WOW
    Denied Boarding Question
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Denied Boarding Question 2nd Oct 17 at 1:00 PM
    I'm trying to understand whether I am entitled to any compensation or not as a result being denied boarding. I was scheduled on a flight from the US to London last week, I received a call about 6 hours before the flight to tell me that my seat, and 5 others had technical issues and there where no other seats available on that flight. My only option was to travel to another airport and get the flight from there.

The alternative flight left and arrived around the same time as the original flight, so there was no delay, however I did have to cancel my plans for the afternoon to travel to the original airport early and then sit in a BA bus for 2.5 hours to get to the new airport.

I understand that compensation for delayed or cancelled flights requires an actual delay, which I did not have here, but is it the same for denied boarding?
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 2nd Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 4,024 Posts
    • 2,977 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:46 PM
    You weren't denied boarding. Your flight was cancelled and you were rerouted.
    • mgdavid
    • By mgdavid 2nd Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 5,281 Posts
    • 4,466 Thanks
    mgdavid
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:17 PM
    You weren't denied boarding. Your flight seat was cancelled and you were rerouted.
    Originally posted by sheramber
    reads better?
    A salary slave no more.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,858Posts Today

8,567Users online

Martin's Twitter