Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 9rl0f
    • By 9rl0f 2nd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    9rl0f
    18 month contract ended so price has been increased. Can I get it back down again?
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    18 month contract ended so price has been increased. Can I get it back down again? 2nd Oct 17 at 12:59 PM
    Hey everyone,

I've been on EE for the last 18 months and my contract has ended making my bill go from £28 to £38 (including line rental) on the bill I received today.

Is it possible to go back to the old price by calling them? I checked on broadbandchoices and EE have a deal at £26.

Advice would be appreciated.
Page 1
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 2nd Oct 17, 1:22 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:22 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:22 PM
    If you're out of contract and you can find a better deal with somebody else as a new customer, phone EE up and say something like my contract is up, I'd like to stay with you, however Provider X can do me a deal for £xx a month includes line rental, broadband, inclusive calls, the kitchen sink, etc. What can you do for me? Is that the best you can do, I see new customers can get the same deal for £26, can you at least match that?
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 2nd Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    • 9,738 Posts
    • 3,997 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:37 PM
    <my contract has ended >
    No you have actually gone on to a rolling 30 day contract with 30 days notice .
    • 9rl0f
    • By 9rl0f 2nd Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    9rl0f
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    If you're out of contract and you can find a better deal with somebody else as a new customer, phone EE up and say something like my contract is up, I'd like to stay with you, however Provider X can do me a deal for £xx a month includes line rental, broadband, inclusive calls, the kitchen sink, etc. What can you do for me? Is that the best you can do, I see new customers can get the same deal for £26, can you at least match that?
    I see, how successful is this method?

<my contract has ended >
    No you have actually gone on to a rolling 30 day contract with 30 days notice .
    If I'm on a rolling contract I can still do what the above poster says right?
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    Success wise, it depends. There may only be a limited number of retention deals available per day per advisor for example, or none at all - it can be a luck of the draw as to whether you get offered anything at all, but if that happens phone up another day. You don't actually have a right as such to a discount per se but always the right to leave which is what makes it so powerful and why some companies hand them out like confetti at a wedding.

As to the rolling contract thing, you can still do the above, just be advised that any other discounts or offers may require taking a new contract.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 8,350 Posts
    • 4,967 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    My sister was offered a measly £1 a month off to stay on her PlusNet ADSL and line, by two different contacts, so she's now with Sky.
  • Jenny_EE
    • 3rd Oct 17, 2:50 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 2:50 PM
    Hey everyone,

I've been on EE for the last 18 months and my contract has ended making my bill go from £28 to £38 (including line rental) on the bill I received today.

Is it possible to go back to the old price by calling them? I checked on broadbandchoices and EE have a deal at £26.

Advice would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by 9rl0f

Afternoon,

The best thing to do is give our Broadband team a quick call and they'll be happy to have a chat about the price plan with you. All our contact details can be found here: http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

Thanks, Jenny
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • 9rl0f
    • By 9rl0f 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    9rl0f
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:01 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

When I call should I go towards the bills / payment section or the changing your plan / leaving EE section?

Don't want to go to the wrong section and end up wasting someone else's time.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 3rd Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 30,101 Posts
    • 19,052 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

When I call should I go towards the bills / payment section or the changing your plan / leaving EE section?

Don't want to go to the wrong section and end up wasting someone else's time.
    Originally posted by 9rl0f
    Thinking of leaving is the dept you want surely.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 4th Oct 17, 11:37 AM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 1,473 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    My sister was offered a measly £1 a month off to stay on her PlusNet ADSL and line, by two different contacts, so she's now with Sky.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    She mustn't have tried hard enough. I received 12 months "free" ADSL from PN but upgraded to fibre before that 12 months expired. Still managed a good deal on that too. Line rental paid upfront with both.
    Did you hear about the politician who had a backside transplant? It rejected him.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 11:59 AM
    • 8,350 Posts
    • 4,967 Thanks
    teddysmum
    She mustn't have tried hard enough. I received 12 months "free" ADSL from PN but upgraded to fibre before that 12 months expired. Still managed a good deal on that too. Line rental paid upfront with both.
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
    I'm coming to the end of the free ADSL for 12months offer, so am going to see what I can get. My sister hasn't been into haggling for long ,but the Sky deal she got was excellent (no chance of that for me after the £15 offer closed).

Was your free broadband a haggle or were you a new customer for that ?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 8,350 Posts
    • 4,967 Thanks
    teddysmum
    What bothers me about EE is that they predict 1 to 5 Mbps for our home, yet I get over 5 from PlusNet (after a recent tweak) and got 6 from Sky. They only guarantee 1Mbps instead of the 2 others offer.

I know that providers aren't supposed to vary much ,as they use the same exchange but LLUs do make a difference and only guaranteeing 1Mbps doesn't make EE look good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,664Posts Today

7,291Users online

Martin's Twitter