Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • amay2010
    • By amay2010 2nd Oct 17, 12:35 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    amay2010
    0 WOW
    Holiday Accommodation - refurb
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Holiday Accommodation - refurb 2nd Oct 17 at 12:35 PM
    Am looking for some advice. Booked in April of this year to go to Walt Disney World in May 2018 via an independent travel agent. At time of booking I was told the hotel (Caribbean Beach) was under refurb but would be done before I travel. I have subsequently found out via facebook that it won't be complete and is in fact going on until 2019. For holidays booked before 20 March 2017 WDW are giving away a gift card per room per night, for those booked after then there is no compensation as they say they had announced about the extended refurb work.

I contacted my agent who knew nothing about it and she has since come back and confirmed that this is true but maintains she did not know when I booked the holiday. Disney have told me they informed all agents in March and it has been on their website since then.

The holiday has cost me a small fortune and was a once in a lifetime holiday for me and the family but we are now stuck in a situation where my only options are to either cancel (not very appealing option) or ask my agent to relocate us to Port Orleans hotel which I really don't want - it is a lot quieter and more dated.

Feeling more than a little miffed as had I known at the time of booking I wouldn't have booked there but we are now 6 months later and all the good deals are gone (I booked as soon as they were released) so to upgrade is just beyond my reach.

Rang Disney direct who didn't want to know as I didn't book with them and told me to go back to my agent or re-book for 2019. The food halls are closed and some of the rooms being refurbed - am sure some seasoned visitors to WDW will say not to worry, it will be fine but really feel I am compromising on what should have been an amazing holiday.

Any advice or views please>
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

646Posts Today

6,280Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin