Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • offdutyninja17
    • By offdutyninja17 2nd Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    offdutyninja17
    UKPC Parking Fine for not displaying my permit
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:44 AM
    UKPC Parking Fine for not displaying my permit 2nd Oct 17 at 11:44 AM
    Hi Guys

I have received a fine from UKPC for not displaying my parking permit. I was parked in the parking bay which belongs to the property I live in - i live in a block of flats, which has a private car park with numbered bays, residents are expected to park in their bay only, assuming that the landlord / property owner has purchased a space - if a space has not been purchased then residents are expected to park elsewhere.

If I should include any other details please feel free to let me know what information I'm missing out here, any help at all will be massively appreciated.

Many Thanks
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,830 Posts
    • 1,000 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 PM
    Hi Guys

I have received a fine from UKPC for not displaying my parking permit. I was parked in the parking bay which belongs to the property I live in - i live in a block of flats, which has a private car park with numbered bays, residents are expected to park in their bay only, assuming that the landlord / property owner has purchased a space - if a space has not been purchased then residents are expected to park elsewhere.

If I should include any other details please feel free to let me know what information I'm missing out here, any help at all will be massively appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Originally posted by offdutyninja17
    Ask a board guide to move this to the correct part of the forum where your other posts are and read the Newbies sticky there!
    • offdutyninja17
    • By offdutyninja17 2nd Oct 17, 12:30 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    offdutyninja17
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:30 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:30 PM
    Ask a board guide to move this to the correct part of the forum where your other posts are and read the Newbies sticky there!
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    Ok will do many thanks!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    • 59,245 Posts
    • 41,998 Thanks
    soolin
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:48 PM
    I've moved this to the sub board.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 40,410 Posts
    • 80,714 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    It is not a fine.

What does your lease/AST say about parking? This will have primacy of contract over anything the scammers say.

Start with the NEWBIES and also use the search posts facility for own space.

Also look here to see what judges say about this scam.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    • 3,794 Posts
    • 5,356 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:57 PM
    lease/ast is critical.
    why are you displaying a permit to park in what looks like being your space?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,951Posts Today

5,069Users online

Martin's Twitter