Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • The Drowner
    • By The Drowner 2nd Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 54Thanks
    The Drowner
    Debt Recovery Plus threatening letters
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:34 AM
    Debt Recovery Plus threatening letters 2nd Oct 17 at 11:34 AM
    I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (DRP) dated 28th August 2017 advising that I owed a large sum of money because I had failed to pay the appropriate fee at a car park in Warrington (CCP is the car park owner name on the signs). The DPR letter states the reason for the debt chasing as "Parking session expired or unpaid".

I never knowingly avoid buying parking tickets but I do have a vague memory of not being able to pay at the machine (there is only one) because there was a problem with it not accepting certain coins. Incidentally I revisited the car park on foot this weekend and there is a sign up saying that the machines do not taken the new pound coins - maybe that was the reason I couldn't pay. I don't know.

Anyway, I have had two more letters from DPR and I have ignored them all.

I am pretty certain, having read the sticky threads, that this is correct approach but I just wanted some assurance from you guys.

Many thanks
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    • 6,477 Posts
    • 8,307 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:41 AM
    I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd (DRP) dated 28th August 2017 advising that I owed a large sum of money because I had failed to pay the appropriate fee at a car park in Warrington (CCP is the car park owner name on the signs). The DPR letter states the reason for the debt chasing as "Parking session expired or unpaid".

I never knowingly avoid buying parking tickets but I do have a vague memory of not being able to pay at the machine (there is only one) because there was a problem with it not accepting certain coins. Incidentally I revisited the car park on foot this weekend and there is a sign up saying that the machines do not taken the new pound coins - maybe that was the reason I couldn't pay. I don't know.

Anyway, I have had two more letters from DPR and I have ignored them all.

I am pretty certain, having read the sticky threads, that this is correct approach but I just wanted some assurance from you guys.

Many thanks
    Originally posted by The Drowner
    YES ... You totally ignore DRP, they are simply powerless and
    despite their threats they are only acting for the PPC and
    for anything to happen, they have to pass it back to the PPC

DRP are NOT part of this although they think they are
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 51,818 Posts
    • 65,457 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:54 AM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

No need for any steps to be taken, except if you move house, make sure they have your address.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Drowner
    • By The Drowner 2nd Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    The Drowner
    • 2nd Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 4:37 PM
    Thanks guys - appreciated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,197Posts Today

5,804Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin