Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CVal
    • By CVal 2nd Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CVal
    Graduate Loan
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    Graduate Loan 2nd Oct 17 at 11:24 AM
    Hi,

Appreciate some advice.
    I took out a Graduate Loan with Barclays who have confirmed this in a letter. So:
    I recalled being sold PPI for the loan so I know I can't claim that I wasn't aware of it.
    It was between 2002 and 2007 so I don't seem to be within the Plevin timescale.
    I agreed to it because I did a very manual job and had some back trouble and was worried I might have to leave my job due to it, but it was so long ago I can't recall if there was any discussion about pre existing medical conditions.
    The advice seems to be if you had PPI you were probably mis sold so try to claim but I'm really not sure on what grounds I could claim.
    So any advice would be appreciated.

C.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 13,683 Posts
    • 14,145 Thanks
    zx81
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    You don't have any grounds for a complaint, from what you've said.

So the good news is that you weren't mis sold.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 2nd Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 19,547 Posts
    • 9,649 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:57 AM
    I agreed to it because I did a very manual job and had some back trouble and was worried I might have to leave my job due to it, but it was so long ago I can't recall if there was any discussion about pre existing medical conditions.
    Originally posted by CVal
    You'd have to check if your "back trouble" was a condition which would have precluded you from claiming on the insurance. It doesn't sound like it would be precluded.

Everything else you say simply indicates that you had need of the insurance and took it out voluntarily with full knowledge. That is not mis-selling.
    The advice seems to be if you had PPI you were probably mis sold
    Originally posted by CVal
    No, the advice is to check whether you had PPI which was mis-sold and, if so, to submit a complaint.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 2nd Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 7,444 Posts
    • 4,888 Thanks
    -taff
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:46 PM
    You can make a complaint using single premium as the reason.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 2nd Oct 17, 11:24 PM
    • 19,547 Posts
    • 9,649 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:24 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:24 PM
    You can make a complaint using single premium as the reason.
    Originally posted by -taff
    Only if the PPI was single premium, of course, it's not a given that it definitely was.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Oct 17, 6:42 AM
    • 7,444 Posts
    • 4,888 Thanks
    -taff
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:42 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 6:42 AM
    Yes if course only if the PPI was single premium.

In 2002 though, highly likely.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,401Posts Today

6,892Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin