Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JonLe
    • By JonLe 2nd Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JonLe
    PPI refund paid to IVA company which has gone into administration
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    PPI refund paid to IVA company which has gone into administration 2nd Oct 17 at 11:18 AM
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some advice.

I had an IVA between 2005 - 2010 which was managed by Debt Free Direct. I recently looked into if I was ever miss sold PPI and it's come back that I was and I have been offered a refund. Within the the letter confirming the refund it's advised that the refund has been sent to Debt Free Direct and I should contact them to discuss if any refund due to me.

I've tried contacting them and I've discovered that they have gone into administration and none of their contact details work.

Can anyone give me any advice on how I should proceed.

thanks
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 2nd Oct 17, 11:51 AM
    • 19,510 Posts
    • 9,606 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:51 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:51 AM
    If the redress money has been paid to your IVA then I wouldn't expect you to receive any refund. It will go towards monies written off as part of your IVA. The fact that the IVA company has gone into administration should not prevent you from confirming that no refund is due. You should contact the administrators of DFD. If you are getting any refund, they will certainly contact you.

Usually, PPI complaints are encouraged by IVA companies during the course of the IVA.

EDIT;
    You might get more knowledgeable answers if you post on the IVA section of this forum. Here's the link;
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 02-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,681Posts Today

8,513Users online

Martin's Twitter