Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chris_Gxx
    • By Chris_Gxx 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Chris_Gxx
    PCN received in error from Britannia Parking
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    PCN received in error from Britannia Parking 2nd Oct 17 at 10:46 AM
    I parked in the car park at Southend College on the 4th September and received a PCN on the 25th September. The machine in the car park requires you to enter the full car registration number. Thinking that I may or may not have made a keying error, I contacted Britannia.
    They informed me, at 09:45 this morning, that there has been a "system" problem and that the notice was issued incorrectly and that I had indeed entered my reg number correctly. They sent me an email confirming that the PCN had been "issued in error" and was cancelled.
    We have spent many hours over the weekend researching the appeals process (this forum is brilliant) and writing an appeal, so we are annoyed about this fault by Britannia, but also relieved.
    I am not sure if it is just that location they are having problems with, but if you have received a PCN from them recently, it may be worth contacting them on 01202 555888 to discuss.
    Last edited by Chris_Gxx; 02-10-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Page 1
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 2nd Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    Useful to know anyway because it's a concrete example of the faults frequently encountered with camera systems. At least Britannia owned up to it.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 2nd Oct 17, 10:51 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:51 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:51 AM
    And it is also an admission that they breached your Data Protection Act rights..... If you want recompense for your wasted time this might be a runner. HOWEVER I think the point of damages is for distress, not inconvenience, and the fault was identified very quickly and so you will not, like others, have faced the repeated debt collector letters over a period of months/years.
    I don't focus on DPA so don't claim to be up to speed, someone else may be along who thinks you have a good claim to make.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 2nd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 1,671 Thanks
    Castle
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    It would be useful to see a copy of the PCN, (redacted as necessary), to see what it said about POFA, (because the dates are non compliant), and any threats as to potential court action and further costs. It may only be one letter, but some people do pay up instantly.
    • Chris_Gxx
    • By Chris_Gxx 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chris_Gxx
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    Redacted PCN
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    I have a redacted file to load, its a PDF. How do I do that? I can't see an option for an attachment?
    Last edited by Chris_Gxx; 02-10-2017 at 2:26 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,207 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:10 PM
    I have a redacted file to load, its a PDF. How do I do that? I can't see an option for an attachment?
    Originally posted by Chris_Gxx
    Upload it to somewhere like tinypic or dropbox and post the link here.

You won't be able to post a live link, but just change http to hxxp.
    • Chris_Gxx
    • By Chris_Gxx 2nd Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Chris_Gxx
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    Redacted PCN
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:41 PM
    I set up a Dropbox account and posted links, but as I am a new user on MSE forum, I am not allowed to - post links.

Any other ideas?
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 2nd Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 3:55 PM
    copy and paste the real link, but then change http to something else like hxxp and put a space in before the rest, one of the users who can post links will then change and repost it - this is what posters mean when they say to post a "broken link"
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 2nd Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    • 3,954 Posts
    • 2,207 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 2nd Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 7:00 PM
    I set up a Dropbox account and posted links, but as I am a new user on MSE forum, I am not allowed to - post links.

Any other ideas?
    Originally posted by Chris_Gxx
    Yes. Read the second line of my post.

For the hard of reading, here it is again:
    You won't be able to post a live link, but just change http to hxxp.
    Originally posted by KeithP
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 50,691 Posts
    • 64,104 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I do get fed up when we tell people, clearly in a reply, that they can't post working links, so they need to change the http to hxxp... then they tell us they can't post links and how can they get round it...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,105Posts Today

6,864Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin