Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jackiedillimore
    • By jackiedillimore 2nd Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jackiedillimore
    Old Scottish Amicable Cheque
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:19 AM
    Old Scottish Amicable Cheque 2nd Oct 17 at 10:19 AM
    We have just been going through paperwork looking for PPI when we came across a cheque from Scottish Amicable that hadn't been put into the bank? its dated 2001 and Scottish Amicable don't appear to still be valid? Before i bin it i thought i would just check if there is any way we can cash this cheque??
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
Page 1
    • M Thomson
    • By M Thomson 2nd Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 1,572 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    M Thomson
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:28 AM
    No, there isn’t. Most Cheques are valid for 6 months. Can you not ask them to re issue another Cheque? How much is it for?
    • JuicyJesus
    • By JuicyJesus 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 3,005 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    JuicyJesus
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    Scottish Amicable appear to now be part of Prudential. You could try calling them and enquiring after this. The difficulty is that records may no longer exist after 16 years and as such you may well be S.O.L.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,988Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin