Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 2nd Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 16,721Posts
    • 194,419Thanks
    mhoc
    can you get a mortgage in principal if you are dont have a full works contract yet?
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    can you get a mortgage in principal if you are dont have a full works contract yet? 2nd Oct 17 at 9:20 AM
    My son started his new job in July with a 6 month probationary period. He has a form of contract which is a very basic 2 sheet paper but it is a contract.
    When he has passed his probationary period he will get a full contract and this will be before Christmas hopefully.

In the meantime will a broker or his bank give him a mortgage in principal - or will it vary from one to another.
    Or will they all make him wait until December?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
Page 1
    • David White
    • By David White 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 835 Posts
    • 358 Thanks
    David White
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    There may well be lenders available to you him however he'll need to pick wisely or speak to a broker as this won't be for everyone.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,648Posts Today

8,399Users online

Martin's Twitter