Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 2nd Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    • 36,207Posts
    • 153,059Thanks
    silvercar
    0 WOW
    Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights
    • 2nd Oct 17, 8:55 AM
    0 WOW
    Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights 2nd Oct 17 at 8:55 AM
    Official MoneySavingExpert article:

Monarch Airlines help

We're updating this guide throughout the day with answers to new questions when we get them. If you have a question not answered in that guide post it below and we'll do our best to help.

Huge thanks to silvercar for starting this discussion thread as Monarch news has been changing so quickly. Also see our Section 75 refunds and Visa, Mastercard & Amex Chargeback guides.

Watch Martin's tips for fighting your corner if your chargeback request is rejected:

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 11-10-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
Page 31
    • woz28
    • By woz28 3rd Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    woz28
    I wonder if anyone will be able to help. I booked Monarch flight only tickets in Feb 2017 by credit card. Flights were for July I didn't take out travel insurance (yes I know I should've) and had to cancel due to finding out I had cancer. Monarch issued me with a credit voucher for 12 months from July 2017. Would I still be covered by the credit card Section 75?
    Originally posted by woz28
    Quick update, I made a claim and received full credit from my credit card company last week.
    • Bananas25
    • By Bananas25 3rd Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bananas25
    Can anyone help us, we booked flights for 2018 with Monarch on our aqua credit card, they have been immensely difficult in getting a refund, we only had the email Monarch sent to us as proof of payment and our credit card statement, but they asked for proof Monarch went bust and then proof of flights all of which they have had, each time if we did not send the letter they sent requesting information( which apparently was the declaration) then shut the case, they are now still saying they won’t refund!! Help!!!
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 4th Dec 17, 8:48 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    bradders1983
    Can anyone help us, we booked flights for 2018 with Monarch on our aqua credit card, they have been immensely difficult in getting a refund, we only had the email Monarch sent to us as proof of payment and our credit card statement, but they asked for proof Monarch went bust and then proof of flights all of which they have had, each time if we did not send the letter they sent requesting information( which apparently was the declaration) then shut the case, they are now still saying they won’t refund!! Help!!!
    Originally posted by Bananas25
    Your next step is to go to the Financial Ombudsman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

712Posts Today

4,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin