Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • johnniegif
    • By johnniegif 2nd Oct 17, 12:59 AM
    • 119Posts
    • 33Thanks
    johnniegif
    Blast! Vodafone have pulled their Fibre offer 8 days early :(
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:59 AM
    Blast! Vodafone have pulled their Fibre offer 8 days early :( 2nd Oct 17 at 12:59 AM
    Title says it all. I went to switch to them this evening (Sunday) and their £20/£24 [up to 38 Mbps/up to 78 Mbps], no connection fee offer has been pulled. It is now £25/£30 with a £49 connection fee.

Tut! It was supposed to be available until 9th October but has now disappeared from Vodafone/MSE/Topcashback/Quidco.

At least I managed to sign my mother up 2 weeks ago. My contract with BT ends on 10th November, hence my delay.

Cot & paste of chat with Vodafone Customer Services:

The following is a record of your online chat.
    General Info
    Chat start time October 1, 2017 4:38:16 PM EST
    Chat end time October 1, 2017 4:57:50 PM EST
    Duration (actual chatting time) 00:19:34
    Operator Natalie

Chat Transcript
    Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
    Info: You're now chatting with Natalie.
    Info:
    Natalie: Hello Mr Griffin
    John Giffin: Hi Natalie
    Natalie: Good evening
    Natalie: Welcome to Vodafone
    Natalie: How may I assist you?
    John Giffin: I went to sign up to you Fibre Broadband 76 package
    Natalie: I will be happy to help you with that
    John Giffin: It was supposed to run until 9th October, with free connection and £24/month
    John Giffin: I see it is now £30/month with £49 connection, even though it is not 9th October! Can you help me please?
    Natalie: Due an overwhelming response from our customers the allocated number of connections for that offer were sold out much more swiftly then expected hence we were forced to roll back the offer much earlier
    John Giffin: That is very dissapointing Natalie. Can you offer me a similar package?
    Natalie: I sincerely wish it was possible Mr Griffin I myself as an adviser had a great time selling that package but it is not available now, I am only able to sell the deal that is listed on website please
    John Giffin: Time to contact Trading Standards then
    Natalie: If you wish I can give you our telesales team's number to see if they can give you a deal that you might find suitable
    John Giffin: Please let me know their number and I will call tomorrow. I am very disappointed that Vodafone has withdrawn this offer before the deadline.
    Natalie: Please call at 08 08 003 4511 to speak with our Telesales team
    Natalie: they work from 8 am to 8 pm
    Natalie: 7 days a week
    John Giffin: Thanks for your help. It is not a good message from your company that they change their offer more than a week before it ends.
    Natalie: Our terms and conditions clearly mentions that we can withdraw offer anytime at discretion I can completely understand you won't have gone through it, I sincerely ensure you that if it was viable we would have continued it but it has been mega success and sold out much faster than we would have expected
    John Giffin: how can I get a copy of this conversation Natalie?
    Natalie: Please click on "+" icon on bottom left of this chat window through which you are typing
    John Giffin: Knowing how poor the Vodafone Connect router is, I've already bought an approved one, which won't drop the line on a regular basis. Arghhh.
    John Giffin: So perhaps you can understand my disgust.
    Natalie: I can completely understand Mr Griffin , I am sure it was excellent offer and it sold out very well
    John Giffin: I will call Telesales tomorrow and hope they can help me.
    Natalie: yes I wish you get best solution
    John Giffin: Thank you for listening to my gripes.
    John Giffin: Good night
    Info: The chat transcript will be sent to: at the end of the session.

So yet another reason not to trust Vodafone
    Last edited by johnniegif; 02-10-2017 at 1:00 AM. Reason: removed email address for privacy
Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 2nd Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    Yes I was surprised to see it wasn't available on uswitch yesterday.

Was such an amazing offer.
    • DarkHarlequin
    • By DarkHarlequin 2nd Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DarkHarlequin
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:53 PM
    Ended up re-contracting with BT off the back of the Vodafone offer being pulled. Still cited it as a reason for going elsewhere and BT agent was helpful after the initial rather daft offers - £5 off full price etc etc. Was out of contract and paying through the nose but now signed up for £30 per month inc line rental on an 18 month contract for Infinity 1.
    • jb66
    • By jb66 3rd Oct 17, 7:47 AM
    • 1,598 Posts
    • 652 Thanks
    jb66
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:47 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:47 AM
    Trading Standards

Get a grip
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 2,486 Posts
    • 662 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    advertising standard maybe ? :lol
    • n1guy
    • By n1guy 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    n1guy
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 5:46 PM
    Going by the number of complaints Vodafone Fibre gets that might be a blessing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,566Posts Today

9,283Users online

Martin's Twitter