Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • noidea1234
    • By noidea1234 1st Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    noidea1234
    HELP! Has my ParkingEye CCJ been set aside?
    • 1st Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    HELP! Has my ParkingEye CCJ been set aside? 1st Oct 17 at 9:09 PM
    Hi all,

Like a lot of people on here, I was surprised to find a CCJ on my credit file after receiving no court papers. After doing a bit of digging I found out it related to a Parking Charge from ParkingEye in January 2016. I had moved house in March 2016. I went about getting it set aside as I had received no court papers to defend and on Wednesday, I was up in front of a Judge.

To be honest, I was in such a state that I dont fully remember what was said however, I know that he said I had 14 days to submit a defence. Does this mean that my CCJ has been set aside and I now need to submit a defence as to why I don't owe the Claimant anything and attend a rehearing? I have looked at the register and the CCJ still remains on there, will this be removed after the re-hearing and I'm successful?

Sorry for all the silly questions! As my username suggests.. I have no idea!!
    Any help to set my mind at rest would be grately appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by noidea1234; 04-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 AM
    • 50,604 Posts
    • 63,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:19 AM
    Ring the court and ask a friendly clerk to explain what Judge notes appear against the case, and to explain them in layman's terms as you were so nervous you are not sure of the CCJ is set aside.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 2nd Oct 17, 12:57 AM
    • 511 Posts
    • 914 Thanks
    Johnersh
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:57 AM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 12:57 AM
    +1 Coupon, but it sounds remarkably like it's set aside, but back in play - with you now being required to defend it. A copy of that judgment should be on the court file for them to let you know.
    • noidea1234
    • By noidea1234 4th Oct 17, 12:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    noidea1234
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:23 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:23 AM
    Thank you for your replies.

I rang the Court yesterday and was told that it hadn't been typed up so they were unable to tell me any further information. I might try to ring again tomorrow however I'm conscious of the fact its now been a week since my hearing and I'm still none the wiser.

I remember the Judge staying that I had to get pictures of the signage for my defence however, this incident happened in early 2016 and after visiting the site again it is no longer managed by ParkingEye, so
    the signs there aren't much use to me. I have no idea what to do!
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Oct 17, 12:56 AM
    • 3,928 Posts
    • 2,159 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:56 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 12:56 AM
    I remember the Judge staying that I had to get pictures of the signage for my defence however, this incident happened in early 2016 and after visiting the site again it is no longer managed by ParkingEye, so
    the signs there aren't much use to me. I have no idea what to do!
    Originally posted by noidea1234
    If you could say which car park, perhaps someone can help you find pictures of the signs, or even already has pics.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,725Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @WhiskyOneIce: @MartinSLewis Changed my fuel from Britush Gas to Sainsburies yesterday via MSE site and saved £230 odd PA...Thanks ????????

• RT @rbp77: @MartinSLewis Interesting that Facebook facial recognition tech can't be put to use in recognising misuse of people's image in i?

• And yesterday Facebook put a quote out saying all the SCAM adverts with me in had been dealt with. Balderdash!? https://t.co/OrvsWKIJfJ

• Follow Martin