Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Valli
    • By Valli 1st Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    • 20,156Posts
    • 228,997Thanks
    Valli
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:50 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd October 2017 1st Oct 17 at 8:50 PM

What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Right now the thread is looking very quiet...but please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

[/B] Thank you Natty for last week's thread.

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour
    - Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

ok Here goes this Week...

Kitchen & Dining Room

Level 1
    Clear drainer and sink
    Open window
    clear floor
    empty bins
    Clear sides and wipe, inc. small appliances and put back only what lives there

Level 2
    Wipe cupboard doors, drawer fronts and handles
    Clean and wipe/polish table
    Wipe/polish chairs - don't forget underneath seats where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe mats or wash and replace cloth
    Wipe sockets and switches

Level 3
    Clean sills
    Wipe windows
    Dust dressers or other furniture
    sweep/mop floors

Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff
    Do a freezer inventory - start using up/creating space for Christmas
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job
    New month - do you need any cards? Buy December's cards too - because they mysteriously start to disappear from the shops
    Check smoke detectors and CO (carbon monoxide) detectors are fully-functional.
    HHI - keep on top of it!

Trffic Tuesday - Lounge about

Level 1

Open the windows
    Empty bins
    Remove anything that doesn't live here
    Dust coffee table and tidy
    See to flowers

level 2

Dust everywhere
    Plump cushions
    Wipe sills
    Clean windows

Level 3

Vacuum all soft furnishings, curtains
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings

Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - do you need craft materials for Christmas card making with the littleys?
    (laughs hysterically - I have to do it with 26 of them...)
    Plan something nice for the weekend

Wonderful Wipey Wednesday - bathroom

simple list - but effective

remove all gibble
    fling towels in wash
    scrub bath, loo and sink. THOROUGHLY inc under rims and outside...

fling bleach down all holes...

dust everywhere

polish mirrors and any glass

sweep and mop floor

S&S kitchen
    MAD half hour...

Thursday Thrills - bedroom

Before breakfast

Clear your floordrobe/chairdrobe
    Open window
    Strip bed
    Eat breakfast

Now for the room...
    vacuum/dust headboard/bedframe
    remake bed with fresh linen

If you have time

clean windows
    dust everywhere
    reduce dressing table clutter to what NEEDS to be out
    wipe switches/sockets/hairdryer
    vacuum floor

Exreas
    S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    MAD half hour

Friday Fling and Fresn'h'up - alittle of what you fancy...

Arm yourself with a damp cloth and a bin bag. 10 minute alarm on your phone.

Walk into a room. Start countdown. Bin rubbish. Wipe anything grim. Staighten up, rehome any strays.
    Leave IMMEDIATELY the alarm rings...

next room...

do as many rooms as you have time for.

HHI
    S&S kitchen and bathrooms.

ENJOY THE WEEKEND WITH YOUR FAMILY X
    Last edited by Valli; 05-10-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
Page 3
    • dancemum
    • By dancemum 3rd Oct 17, 9:10 AM
    • 2,058 Posts
    • 30,050 Thanks
    dancemum
    Morning hope everyone is well x

Wm is on, 1 wash already on airer

Sofa throws tidied

Screaming child dispatched to school

Bathroom cleaned
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 3rd Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 9,357 Posts
    • 118,614 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Bins back in
    Ironing all done and away
    Whole of downstairs re hoovered

I have until 10am to wander around internet, then off out t ocut grass and a tip run
    Sun, Sea
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 3rd Oct 17, 11:10 AM
    • 36,160 Posts
    • 466,112 Thanks
    pigpen
    I am shoe sorting.. 33 pairs to go and I've sorted 1 shelf and 2 small boxes.. school are collecting, they will hate me.

Kitchen ignored.. baby being a pain though she is going for a nap shortly.

Front room decluttered of 3 binbags of DD2's stuff DS2can take to chazzer as rags.. found some snazzy bags and scarves to donate to school/nursery for dress up and a mountain I am decide to ebay or not. I have 2 bags of 'modelling' materials the ohter parents will love me for and a chair to go live at my mothers.

litter tray emptied
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 3rd Oct 17, 11:15 AM
    • 4,679 Posts
    • 47,141 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    Jojo, are you an MU member, or any other union? Do they have health and safety reps? Has a risk assessment been carried out of the work you do? I think someone around you has the wrong priorities, and while I know you can sue and would win, it won't actually help when you get arthritis in the broken bones and joints. Compo only puts you back where you would have been financially if the accident hadn't happened. Despite what most people think of the NHS, it can't work miracles, no matter how hard everyone tries and they really do. Nothing on God's earth would get me to do something at home or work I thought was dangerous, as a great many of my managers and employers have discovered - in writing.

If there is no risk assessment for your work, then please put your concerns about the footwear you are now required to wear in writing. And if you're not a member of a union, please seriously consider joining one, otherwise you won't be able to afford to sue your employer.

I hope you find the right counsellor, Valli.

The first of three loads is twirling in the WM and I've vacuumed the ground floor and a bit of the first floor. It all looks a lot better. Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.
    Keeping it AF
    • zoelikesjam
    • By zoelikesjam 3rd Oct 17, 12:15 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 5,523 Thanks
    zoelikesjam
    Struggling this week. Got nothing done yesterday as my back and neck were screaming at me, so spent most of the day crying on the sofa. Not to bad today so planning on getting some of it done. Failing that I'm going to get Oh on the work, give him a flylady list lol. Wish me luck
    May the force of the flyladies be with you
    Zoelikesjam Is loud...Obnoxious and completely inappropriate for all ages!
    Viewer discretion is strongly advised!
    I am pretty sure you DONT want to know whats on my mind!
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 3rd Oct 17, 12:22 PM
    • 9,357 Posts
    • 118,614 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Grass cut
    Tip run done
    Green house sorted for winter
    Table put away for winter
    All outdoor shed hinges / gate hinges etc been squirted with WD40
    Sun, Sea
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 3rd Oct 17, 12:26 PM
    • 36,160 Posts
    • 466,112 Thanks
    pigpen
    Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear
    Awesome is not quite the word I'd use right now.. disgusting, filthy and unhygeinic, yes!!

2 charity bags full
    3 for the refugee centre.. 1 full just of shoes!! 1 of childrens coats and 1 warm jumpers and bedding. Do you think it matters if the coats have school logo's if they are going to Calais?? they are brand new thick fleeces.

I have put 2 full binbags and 5 empty boxes in the bin

thats a lot of stuff out bound!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2017 £56823.12 (5.15% int.)
    • Mudbath
    • By Mudbath 3rd Oct 17, 12:28 PM
    • 5,399 Posts
    • 112,645 Thanks
    Mudbath
    Day off and full of a cold so feel justified in doing nothing all day. That is all.

Hugs to all in need xx
    • bossymoo
    • By bossymoo 3rd Oct 17, 1:25 PM
    • 6,821 Posts
    • 87,041 Thanks
    bossymoo
    I have a hallway full of shopping, although I've put the freezer stuff away...

Had flu jab, met mum for and a cuddle with micro-bairn bless, he's 7lb5oz now. Nearly 16 weeks old. Aww.

Looking murky, will bring washing in, I think.

Then will go return DD boots!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 3rd Oct 17, 4:08 PM
    • 384 Posts
    • 4,519 Thanks
    Fayolle
    After a not too promising start and another rubbish night's sleep, I think I've had a fairly productive day. Despite DH being at home is morning. I banished him to the dining room - was that so bad??
    LR has been dewebbed, dusted and swept through. Kitchen surfaces wiped, floor swept, and more dewebbing. Cooker hood soaked and cleaned, new filter and reassembled. Man came to quote for some building work. Turned up AND on time. I love him already.
    Yesterday's towel washing and today's wash have dried nicely out in the sun. And bonus - nothing needs ironing!
    2 hours at the allotment this afternoon doing a bit of digging and picking apples. I've now made a cuppa and toasted a crumpet as I forgot to have not only breakfast but lunch as well!
    Oh and a small froglet nibbled. Was in danger of growing into a full blown frog, so I braced myself and made a phone call. Technically I have only left a message for a call back, but that will do for today.
    • aklmatthews
    • By aklmatthews 3rd Oct 17, 4:30 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 984 Thanks
    aklmatthews
    Not having the best day think i used too much polish yesterday when doing the dining room whent to get something out of dresser drawer and as I closed it plate slipped and pushed one of my serving dishes off. Then when dusting living room managed to do something to sky box now not working. Dyet completely blown just add a toffee crisp don't normally eat chocolate even when not on a diet and then a packet of crisps. I feel like going to bed and staying there.
    • greent
    • By greent 3rd Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 65,720 Thanks
    greent
    Quick update from me before mum-taxi duties start...

[COLOR="Red"]Kitchen

Level 1
    empty bins

Level 2

Level 3
    sweep/mop floors

Extras
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job - DONE - today I nibbled at finding tradesmen for some work we need doing
    New month - do you need any cards? Buy December's cards too - because they mysteriously start to disappear from the shops
    HHI - DONE last night (by OH!)

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Trffic Tuesday - Lounge about

Level 1
    Open the windows - DONE
    Empty bins - DONE
    Dust coffee table and tidy - DONE

level 2
    Dust everywhere - DONE
    Plump cushions - DONE
    Wipe sills - DONE
    Clean windows - DONE (it's a miracle!)

Level 3
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor - DONE
    Dust skirtings

Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - DONE -we are off to Portugal for the week
    Plan something nice for the weekend - DONE - meal out on Sat night with friends
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5278/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1445.57/£500 PAYDOX17 £12239/£10k Decluttered 1870/2017 items
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 3rd Oct 17, 6:20 PM
    • 23,366 Posts
    • 90,821 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Piggers didn't you try to do that a few years ago..well your kitchen anyway
    Originally posted by Natty68
    Everybody's got to start somewhere, I suppose.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 3rd Oct 17, 6:34 PM
    • 23,366 Posts
    • 90,821 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Jojo, are you an MU member, or any other union? Do they have health and safety reps? Has a risk assessment been carried out of the work you do? I think someone around you has the wrong priorities, and while I know you can sue and would win, it won't actually help when you get arthritis in the broken bones and joints. Compo only puts you back where you would have been financially if the accident hadn't happened. Despite what most people think of the NHS, it can't work miracles, no matter how hard everyone tries and they really do. Nothing on God's earth would get me to do something at home or work I thought was dangerous, as a great many of my managers and employers have discovered - in writing.

If there is no risk assessment for your work, then please put your concerns about the footwear you are now required to wear in writing. And if you're not a member of a union, please seriously consider joining one, otherwise you won't be able to afford to sue your employer.

I hope you find the right counsellor, Valli.

The first of three loads is twirling in the WM and I've vacuumed the ground floor and a bit of the first floor. It all looks a lot better. Your kitchen looks awesome, Piggers.
    Originally posted by Honey Bear

Yup, already unioned up. It's how I've still got a job. And a payrise.

No sign of the Risk Assessment they were forced to complete last year, though. Or the Occy Heath report that said I shouldn't be expected to do any of it - their 2nd argument for not letting me wear STC Boots is that I'm not supposed to be doing anything that needs them (so if they let me wear them, they're admitting that they're making me do stuff that warrants it).

I do refuse point blank when I feel particularly obstreperous/that this is never going to work out well - and always clarify by email the instructions/what the job entails - but if I don't do anything, they could argue that I can't do the job and dismiss me under capability. Bah. It's very annoying, to say the least - life would have been so much easier had they simply said 'here's lots of money, please go away and don't sue us for everything we've done to you'.

They're thinking/hoping I was making a bad taste joke. They can tell themselves that if they like. I know I was being absolutely honest about what will happen if I get so much as a scratch.

Never hurts for them to be reminded that I was the one member of staff that joined a union when nobody else had thought it would ever be necessary in such a lovely, friendly, happy place. And I am considering volunteering to become the onsite rep. Oh, and offering to take the H&S rep position, as they haven't had one for at least 2 years. Just to make their lives so much more comfortable

I have to admit that they do seem to try and attempt being pleasant to me on occasion now they found out, though. The courtesy isn't often extended towards non Unionised staff.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • donnajt
    • By donnajt 3rd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Well only managed 59 minutes sleep in too much pain, so cracked on with today's list, was my turn to host Slimming World Luncheon Club today (just me mum, sis and dd), my mum is terminally ill so we try and figure out inventive ways to fill her days so house looked lovely and sparkly.

Level 1

Open the windows
    Empty bins
    Dust coffee table and tidy
    See to flowers

level 2
    Dust everywhere
    Plump cushions
    Wipe sills
    Clean windows

Level 3
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings

Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI
    Half term this month...start making plans - do you need craft materials for Christmas card making with the littleys?
    (laughs hysterically - I have to do it with 26 of them...)

crashed this afternoon on sofa, now wide awake fingers crossed I will sleep tonight
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 3rd Oct 17, 11:00 PM
    • 5,043 Posts
    • 52,418 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening all

Sending gws vibes for poorlies and a flurry of hugs for all

Dailies done
    Spanish lessons done
    Monthly accounts finished
    Bank accounts checked and monies shuffled
    Appointment made for ECG next Thursday
    Tidied up balcony planters - nearly finished now - and watered
    Ordered a couple of knives and meat 'hasher' online at L*keland
    Put order into butcher's to collect Saturday.

My DS will not be able to visit us in November this year, as he wants to stay on Spanish territory so he can claim his government end-of-contract monies. He's saved it up for last couple of years but has to be there to claim it - he's suggested we meet in Spain for a week instead. So I've spent a good hour or so researching a visit for the end of November. DH has checked at work, and it should be okay there, so just waiting to hear back from DS that dates okay before I book flights.

Kitchen & Dining Room
    Clear sides and wipe, inc small appliances
    Clean and wipe/polish table
    Wipe/polish chairs - don't forget underneath seats where sticky fingers linger
    Wipe mats
    Clean sills
    Extras
    Check fridge for use-up stuff
    MAD half hour - plan to start nibbling away at a big job

Dust everywhere
    Wipe sills
    sweep/vacuum/mop floor
    Dust skirtings
    Extras
    Vacuum/dust radiators
    HHI

Plenty of sticks and spoons by the door if you're needing some
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day..2014=3213..2015=3421..2016=3238..2017=2370....DEC=80.15/310
    GrocC..2014=2162..2015=2083..2016=2181..2017=1800....DEC=89.24/200
    Bulk buy.......DEC=101.44
    GC.NSD....2015=216....2016=213....2017=191....DEC=2/15
    SPC130x60...2014=1178...2015=1287...2016=4616...2017=3843.51
    OS WL= -4/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £10,250
    • Valli
    • By Valli 4th Oct 17, 7:15 AM
    • 20,156 Posts
    • 228,997 Thanks
    Valli
    Sorry the list isn't exciting - don't forget your MAD half-hours.

Have a good day all
    Make two - and freeze one!
    Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY!
    DEBT ATTACK - Debts to attack 1-£6150.87 24/04/2017 £5303.03 22/07/2017 BT -
    £5342.65
    2 Virgin CC £585.88 31/7/2017 £494.88 11/8/2017
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 4th Oct 17, 7:18 AM
    • 4,091 Posts
    • 47,981 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok today and that Lynne gets to Spain.

Today's list is perfect for me. I did the downstairs loo yesterday, but should be able to fit in the bathroom today before the paid stuff.

Have a great day everyone.
    The "Save 12k in 2017" Thread! (#20) December £355 Total £12694.84/£12000

• donnajt
    • By donnajt 4th Oct 17, 7:51 AM
    • 943 Posts
    • 8,226 Thanks
    donnajt
    Wonderful Wipey Wednesday - bathroom

simple list - but effective

remove all gibble
    fling towels in wash
    scrub bath, loo and sink. THOROUGHLY inc under rims and outside...

fling bleach down all holes...

dust everywhere

polish mirrors and any glass

sweep and mop floor

S&S kitchen
    MAD half hour...

love today's list thank you Valli
    Last edited by donnajt; 04-10-2017 at 7:53 AM.
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017
    Eat out of Freezer/Cupboards
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 4th Oct 17, 9:01 AM
    • 4,679 Posts
    • 47,141 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    I have decluttered a sewing job that uses up fabric and tape bought years ago that's been lying around forever. I am now the proud owner of no less than seven huge cotton bags with drawstring tops that will hold spare cushions, bedding and duvets, and two slightly smaller ones that have velcro for spare feather pillows. For years I've stored all the spare bedding in plastic bags in the attic and this is a job I've been meaning to do for as long as I can remember. I also managed to make a huge pile of cardboard labels for them out of a gash cardboard box. It will cut down the hours I spend up there shifting piles of black plastic bags, looking for a particular duvet and pillows when I need to change them. Job done at long last.
    Last edited by Honey Bear; 04-10-2017 at 1:54 PM.
    Keeping it AF
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin