Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dickibobboy
    • By dickibobboy 1st Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    • 903Posts
    • 299Thanks
    dickibobboy
    Velux frame lacquer peel
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:06 PM
    Velux frame lacquer peel 1st Oct 17 at 8:06 PM
    Evening,

I currently have two Velux windows in my kitchen (extension) in a recently bought house.

The frame looks like it has had a leak at some point in as the lacquer in the corner is coming away. I've had the window looked at and it's all water tight so may have been repaired in the past.

This could be from water damage in the past or that it was directly above the hob so steam etc could collect up there easily if not opened (previous owner didn't seem bothered about anything in the house!)

What do you think i should do in regards to making it look decent? I could always sand the whole frame down and paint but i'd rather avoid as i don't mind the colour they are supposed to be.

Picture
    Things that are free in life are great, well most of the time
Page 1
    • Furts
    • By Furts 3rd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 3,505 Posts
    • 2,185 Thanks
    Furts
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 12:59 PM
    Looks rotten to me, and someone has painted it in the past. Velux are pine with varnish or white faced - not like yours. It may be leaking so check this from the outside. Any making good is likely to be short life - hack out any rot and fill over and paint.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

355Posts Today

2,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin