Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Isolt
    • By Isolt 1st Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 44Posts
    • 51Thanks
    Isolt
    I think I'm in an abusive relationship + I'm terrified
    • 1st Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    I think I'm in an abusive relationship + I'm terrified 1st Oct 17 at 6:53 PM
    I’ve been seeing this guy for a few months and he’s sort of like a Jekyll and Hyde. When I first met him he presented himself as a hard working divorcee who ran a successful business and was dedicated to work and family.

Gradually, the mask slipped. He admitted that the reason for his divorce was that his ex wife’s parents helped her leave the marital home while he was at work because she was so terrified of him, and she had a restraining order against him as well. She also was pregnant and aborted the baby because she was afraid it would turn out to be a sociopath. He spins all of this to make out it was ALL his wife’s fault and that he did nothing wrong. He also then admitted that he thinks monogamy is a “joke” (after having previously claimed he was in an exclusive relationship with me). He admits that he is having sex with loads of other woman and will basically go with any woman who is willing. He tries to pick up other women right in front of me at times, like waitresses, shop staff etc.

When we first met he said that he drinks alcohol recreationally (which I found a bit odd given that he’s Muslim, but anyway). Then he revealed that he smokes both weed and crack most days. When he revealed all this stuff I immediately tried to get out of the relationship, but that’s when he started making threats.

I’ve tried to break up and he’s made threats. “You don’t know what I’m capable of.” “Don’t test me.” “You wouldn’t want anything to happen to your lovely family would you?

Later it emerged that he has been in prison, for drug trafficking. He used to deal crack and cocaine. He is supposedly a business owner now but it’s hard to see how his business could really be breaking even, so it’s possible he is still dealing drugs.

I’m finding out more and more terrifying information about him and every time I try to cut things off, he starts making threats.
Page 3
    • Mrs pbradley936
    • By Mrs pbradley936 9th Oct 17, 7:36 PM
    • 12,615 Posts
    • 18,926 Thanks
    Mrs pbradley936
    And the women who are battered or murdered by their partners - do you find then attacks & deaths hard to believe too?
    Originally posted by Kim kim
    This was originally posted in DT - the part of the site frequented by debaters. It was moved at a later date. My response was a DT response - if you look you will notice that despite my post count, I seldom offer my views on family or relationship matters in the area where they are usually posted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

128Posts Today

1,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @furyboy86: @MartinSLewis I read your email, and decided to check my account interest rates. My main account = 0.0%(!) and my cash ISA =?

• Yes. Theyre being paid. They're responsible. Especially for a scam that's been reported over 20 times andseen vulne? https://t.co/Q0pHZ7iH3W

• Quite right.Broken system as the six week delay forces the most vulnerable into debt at a crisis moment https://t.co/951fogq5ej

• Follow Martin