Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martinlewisjunior
    • By martinlewisjunior 1st Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 3Thanks
    martinlewisjunior
    Applying for mortgage from parents address
    • 1st Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    Applying for mortgage from parents address 1st Oct 17 at 5:47 PM
    I'm potentially about to put an offer on an affordable home. The ones that sell at 75% value.

However looking at the requirements of a mortgage application, I'm still registered to vote at my old home address(parents address), I've moved a lot in the last four years every time voting as come around, I've always been at my home address so I registered to vote there!
    All my bank cards and bills come from that address as well except for my council tax, gas, electric, water and rent which come from my rented address. (where ever that is at the time)

As I'm about to move home shortly, would it be wise to apply for my mortgage application from there? My parents address is only 40 minutes away (20 miles) Or will the mortgage provider prefer me to apply from my rented address even though I'm about to leave, also I assume they will ask questions about the bills that were coming out/rent over the last three months?

Let me know what's best to do!

Thanks

Page 1
    • glosoli
    • By glosoli 1st Oct 17, 10:33 PM
    • 667 Posts
    • 385 Thanks
    glosoli
    • 1st Oct 17, 10:33 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 10:33 PM
    Provide them with an accurate address history and explain the circumstances fully. The advisor will know the best way to approach the input of it into their systems.
    • My side hustle
    • By My side hustle 2nd Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    My side hustle
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 1:50 PM
    You need to declare your address history accurately, i.e. where you have physically been living. There is normally an additional information box on the application, it is wise to inform the lender of your parent's address there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,818Posts Today

10,342Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin