Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • indianabones
    • By indianabones 1st Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    • 184Posts
    • 193Thanks
    indianabones
    Getting a new born's birth certificate urgently.
    • 1st Oct 17, 5:37 PM
    Getting a new born's birth certificate urgently. 1st Oct 17 at 5:37 PM
    Our due date is Dec 8. We have 2 family (my brothers) weddings abroad which are on the 19th and 20th of December. In an ideal world I would love to have to get a passport and Visa to travel for the baby in that 10 day period. However the problem appears to be the birth certificate. Currently Birmingham Registrar are issuing appointments 3-4 weeks later.

I've emailed and called the office about it but they're not helpful, giving the usual crappy answer wait until the baby is born. Which doesn't help me. If I can get the birth certificate the day after birth or 2nd day after birth I will be able to do the rest on time.

Question is:

Is it possible to get urgent appointments? Perhaps if someone cancels?
    Has anyone been in a similar boat, if so how did you manage?
Page 2
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 4th Oct 17, 10:49 AM
    • 18,611 Posts
    • 42,768 Thanks
    peachyprice
    You'd take a non-immunised 2 week old baby to India? For a wedding?
    Words fail me.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
    • Grumpelstiltskin
    • By Grumpelstiltskin 4th Oct 17, 11:12 AM
    • 2,155 Posts
    • 2,178 Thanks
    Grumpelstiltskin
    You'd take a non-immunised 2 week old baby to India? For a wedding?
    Words fail me.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    Totally agree and one thing you haven't answered is what is the airline's policy on newborns? and what about travel insurance?
    • nimbo
    • By nimbo 8th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 3,194 Posts
    • 8,847 Thanks
    nimbo
    I was always told that baby had no real immune system for the first twelve weeks of life and that sitting on a plane with recycled air was a breeding ground for bacteria.

Also some babies do not fly well ears popping and all sorts.

To be honest I’m not sure how comfortable it would be for a woman having just had. A baby either naturally or through c section to sit in a cramped aircraft seat for about 8 hours... then I have a week or so away before doing it all agin on the way back.

I have to be honest and say I would be gutted to miss a wedding but travel makes me cranky and uncomfortable without having to factor in the need to frequently use the icky bathrooms on a plane shortly after delivering a baby.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 3 / 500
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 2,199 Thanks
    unforeseen
    I
    India. We have family there, in fact most of our relatives are there, so finding hospitals and being taken care of won't be an issue. .
    Originally posted by indianabones
    I'm glad about that because I can see you you availing yourself of the hospital facilities for probably bother mother and child by flying so shortly after birth
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,993Posts Today

6,456Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin