Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 30th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    • 23,350Posts
    • 152,862Thanks
    Aesop
    ~Make upto 10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome
    • 30th Sep 17, 10:36 PM
    ~Make upto 10 a day in October 2017 ~ everybody most welcome 30th Sep 17 at 10:36 PM
    Hello and welcome everybody

This is the 122nd month of this challenge, which was first started by Batgirl, in September 2007. A link here to the original thread as I am sure some of you are interested to read where it all began.

Thanks to Batgirl for starting it, lynnejk and ALL posters, for helping us to keep the thread going. Thanks to previous challengers who used to run this thread too, Rawdinosaur, Emmaglet, Nat21luv, Monkeynut, Sweetpeas, Purpleroses, JesaRose, MizMir.

I have decided to rename this challenge as reading posts, it seems to put people off thinking they HAVE TO make 10 a day.

You don't.

The original purpose of this challenge was to help people to try and make an extra 10 a day on top of their normal income to help things along. Ie paying off debt, making savings, paying for holidays, overpaying mortgages etc.

That is exactly what this challenge is about, attempting to make extra income on top of your normal income to help you wherever you need it.

People start the challenge by setting a goal of 1 a day. Then when they find they are smashing this regularly, they up it to 5 a day. Some of us gluttons for punishment go for 10 a day. It really is entirely upto you. We only ask you to post what your goal is to help you keep motivated. Some days you make more and some days you make less, but aim for extra at the end of the month.

The idea is that everyone posts how they are making extra money and these shared ideas help all of us to learn new ways to help cut debt or earn/save money.

What cannot be added:

Wages from your main job

What can be added:

Overtime
    Income from a second job
    Daily clicks
    Interest
    Vouchers
    Mystery shopping
    And much, much more.

This board moves pretty quickly, so be sure to subscribe and read it regularly. Below are some ideas to get you started and a great place to read when you're in need of inspiration.

Sell your old books/DVDs/CDs/games here:

Amazon.co.uk, play.com, webuybooks, zapper, CEX, MusicMagpie, and a few more too

Ebay - a place to sell anything and everything. (You will be suprised at what sells!)

Gumtree, Preloved, cquot, ebid, craigslist, vivastreet, netmums.com, trade-it , Friday ad, priceminster - these are all places you can sell items too.

Survey sites - mysurvey and pinecone, prolific academic tend to be the best but there are many more it really depends on you finding the ones that work best for you - toluna, harris poll, valued opinions etc

Join cashback sites like Topcashback and Quidco - type in surveys in the search engine and some will pay you to join up with them.

Mobile phone to recycle? Try http://mobilevaluer.com/ but also check other selling sites like ebay, Facebook selling, gumtree, etc.

etsy and folksy - If you enjoy making crafts why not have a go at selling them on etsy or folksy. They've been getting increasingly busier each year.

Trying to find other ways to make money? Check out the Boost Your Income board. It is full of ideas, including survey companies and product testing.

Want to help someone else out? Sign up through their referral on the referral board, and leave yours, so someone else can do the same for you.

Keep reading for lots more ideas on how to make more money each month.

This month's challenge is to try and make 310 (or any amount of course!).
    lynnejk is assisting me and will create the challengers list and update it.

She will also be answering any questions she can help with and here for general advice. Having been a challenger for a while, she knows her stuff. Thank you lynnejk for your help.

Good luck everybody. Remember to post any questions or comments that you have, and let's go on encouraging each other throughout this month.
    Make 10 a day September 2017 81.68.
    August 2017 390.47
Page 11
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 9th Oct 17, 3:00 PM
    • 23,350 Posts
    • 152,862 Thanks
    Aesop
    Swagbucks Swago Board
    So today at 5pm, 9am USA time, the Swagbucks SwagoBoard goes live.

You have to join to play, so if you are already signed upto Swagbucks, click here to join the Swago game.

http://www.swagbucks.com/swago

Swago Rules

How Swago Works:

Each square on your Swago board has an associated activity. Complete that activity to mark off that square.

You have a limited amount of time to mark off as many squares as possible.

Be mindful of the patterns and their corresponding bonuses. The patterns will vary in difficulty and bonus value. Try to achieve the more difficult pattern in order to receive the highest bonus.
    Your patterns and their corresponding bonuses can be found to the right of your board. Once you've achieved a pattern the "submit" button will turn red. You can have multiple patterns available for submission. However, you can only submit one pattern.

More about swago board

Its time to Rack Up The Bonuses in our next edition of Swago!

You didnt participate in the last round of Swago? Heres what you need to know to get your 300 SB Bonus:

Starting Monday, October 9th at 5PM BST head to your Swago Board and hit Join. If you dont hit Join you wont get credit for completing the action items.

Each square on your Swago Board will contain an action item to complete. They can be anything from getting a search win, earning SB in Surveys, or earning SB in nCrave, just to name a few.
    Once you complete the action item in a particular square the square will change color signifying the action item is complete.
    You have until 8PM BST on Monday, October 16th to mark off as many squares as possible so use your time wisely.

Be mindful of the patterns and their corresponding bonuses located on the right of your Swago Board. The patterns will vary in difficulty and bonus value.

Once youve achieved a pattern, the corresponding Submit button will light up. You can have multiple patterns available for submission, however, you can only submit ONE pattern so choose wisely.

The game ends Monday, October 16th at 8PM BST. So make sure to hit Submit on the pattern you wish to submit. If you dont hit Submit before the game ends you wont receive your SB bonus.

Spin & Win

Each activity you successfully complete on your Swago Board will give you anywhere from 1-20 spins on our Spin & Win Wheel! Every spin on the wheel results in either SB earned, or an exclusive Swag Up.

You have until 7:59 AM BST on September 17th to use up all those valuable spins, so no pressure to use them all at once! The SB options on the wheel will credit immediately. Please note, the SB you earn from the wheel will not count towards your Daily Goal meter. The Swag Ups will be live for a couple of weeks and will expire 15 days from the time they are applied to your account so there will be different expiration dates.

**All Swag Up and Double Search and Survey SB will credit back as Bonus SB which means they will not go towards your Daily Goal Meter.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

-Team Swagbucks

FAQ

Where can I find my Swago Board?

The URL for your Swago Board is: http://www.swagbucks.com/swago

When will Swago begin and end?

Swago begins on October 9th at 5PM BST and ends October 16th at 8PM BST.

Will I get credit for completing action items prior to hitting the Join button?

No, you must join the game by hitting Join to get credit for completing the action items.

When will I receive my SB Bonus for playing Swago?

Once you hit the Submit button you will receive your SB Bonus instantly.

How many Swago Board patterns can I submit during the game period?

You may only submit one pattern during the game period. Once you hit Submit you will receive your SB Bonus and the game will end for you.

Does the Swagbucks Answer App count towards my Mobile App Squares?

Unfortunately the answer to that question is no. You must earn your SB for Answer: Swagbucks Mobile App through the Swagbucks app.

What happens if I forget to hit Submit before the Swago game period ends?

You will not receive your SB Bonus. You must hit Submit before the game period ends.

Will manual credits mark off action items on my Swago Board?

No, manual credits of any sort will not count towards your Swago Board.

Now with your spin and win wins.... some people save the spins until the end after they have submitted the swago board. I don't like to do that as if I win bonus points on a search win, and one of the swago squares is to mark off a search win square, I am double up.

Others like to do it at the end because then they save the bonus for completing gold survey etc for after swago board finished to boost their surveys.

Completely upto you how to do it, but don't forget to spin and collect your spins! some you have to activate from your account.

click on swag ups and make sure they are all activated.
    August 2017 390.47
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 9th Oct 17, 3:03 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    Ok so concentrating just on sales right now to get rid of the pile, although found another 4 things this morning when putting clothes away to get get rid if and listed those.

Yesterday I made 3 sales on the bay although one not paid on an auction which always makes me suspicious... fingers crossed that comes through. Also made another sale today. So for the ones I did get paid for, thats 22.87 profit. I think I have another 8 from matched betting before I decided to refocus, but will only count that once it has come through as I started to lose track.

Yay - at 114.82 this month. Also about 400 away from cashing out on Vypr, so will hopefully get there this week. Lots more sales scheduled in to start as auctions on Thursday.
    Make up to 10 a day challenge: October 595.10/310
    (September 434.99, August 442.32, July 446.51)
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 9th Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    Right, sorry been awol again.

I wanted to say after reading a few posts on here, I renamed the thread to Make UPTO 10 a day, as people felt pressured if they didn't make 10 and felt like they hadn't achieved.

The whole purpose of this thread is to share ideas and motivation and anything else useful on how to make extra money to help us all out.

It's not school, you won't get detention for not selling on ebay, facebook or anything else.

It is personal challenge for yourself, completely without pressure. If you manage to make 1 a day, brilliant, well done! That's an extra 30 more than you had at the beginning of the month, and I am sure will be much helpful towards bills/treats/savings/credit cards/birthdays/xmas/etc. If you make more than that, well done, And the same applies as before.

You notice I go quiet off here for a few days, sometimes weeks at a time too.

We all have lives outside of the internet (or maybe not, lol) and there is not pressure to come and tell us you made 400 every month by selling everything on ebay, facebook, recycling books, cds dvds, etc.

First priority is you, your health, your family. Everything else falls in after that.

If you need time off from moneymaking, go do it, don't feel guilty or pressured.

We will miss you and you are always welcomed back with open arms. If you choose not to come back, no problem.

Do what is right for you and best for you. Take time out (gawd knows, I do!) and then come back when you want to.

Dont want to surveys, swagbucks, selling? No problem.

Do what works for you and makes life easier for you.

We are here..... (forever, I hope....)
    Originally posted by Aesop
    Don't worry, I don't feel pressured by the post, only supported by all the lovely people on here. The fault is mine.. I like to plan and get into the what if I could just make x more.. a bit like house hunting online where you start in budget and then you wonder what would happen if you looked at the next category up and before you know it you are looking at million pound houses!
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 9th Oct 17, 3:13 PM
    • 23,350 Posts
    • 152,862 Thanks
    Aesop
    Don't worry, I don't feel pressured by the post, only supported by all the lovely people on here. The fault is mine.. I like to plan and get into the what if I could just make x more.. a bit like house hunting online where you start in budget and then you wonder what would happen if you looked at the next category up and before you know it you are looking at million pound houses!
    Originally posted by QueenJess
    oh don'T! DH does that. he knows what we can afford rent wise and then goes and looks at higher priced homes and wonders if we can negotiage a discount on rent!

He told me that the house next door to his business partner went up for rent, while they were on holiday. They came back to find new tenants had moved in. I said I don't know if I fancied living next door to your business partner! but the house is lovely and would have been affordable. on with the hunt.
    August 2017 390.47
    • Aesop
    • By Aesop 9th Oct 17, 3:15 PM
    • 23,350 Posts
    • 152,862 Thanks
    Aesop
    Also about 400 away from cashing out on Vypr, so will hopefully get there this week. Lots more sales scheduled in to start as auctions on Thursday.
    Originally posted by QueenJess
    there were loads of steers earlier, might be worth having a swipe a few times on the phone app and see how you get on.
    August 2017 390.47
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 9th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    there were loads of steers earlier, might be worth having a swipe a few times on the phone app and see how you get on.
    Thanks - I did some earlier, but I see there are some more now. Now on 9890! So close...
    • MrsCautious
    • By MrsCautious 9th Oct 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    MrsCautious
    Right, sorry been awol again.

I wanted to say after reading a few posts on here, I renamed the thread to Make UPTO 10 a day, as people felt pressured if they didn't make 10 and felt like they hadn't achieved.

The whole purpose of this thread is to share ideas and motivation and anything else useful on how to make extra money to help us all out.

It's not school, you won't get detention for not selling on ebay, facebook or anything else.

It is personal challenge for yourself, completely without pressure. If you manage to make 1 a day, brilliant, well done! That's an extra 30 more than you had at the beginning of the month, and I am sure will be much helpful towards bills/treats/savings/credit cards/birthdays/xmas/etc. If you make more than that, well done, And the same applies as before.

You notice I go quiet off here for a few days, sometimes weeks at a time too.

We all have lives outside of the internet (or maybe not, lol) and there is not pressure to come and tell us you made 400 every month by selling everything on ebay, facebook, recycling books, cds dvds, etc.

First priority is you, your health, your family. Everything else falls in after that.

If you need time off from moneymaking, go do it, don't feel guilty or pressured.

We will miss you and you are always welcomed back with open arms. If you choose not to come back, no problem.

Do what is right for you and best for you. Take time out (gawd knows, I do!) and then come back when you want to.

Dont want to surveys, swagbucks, selling? No problem.

Do what works for you and makes life easier for you.

We are here..... (forever, I hope....)
    wise words thank you
    Make 10 a day, 12 months 2013-2014: 8973.51
    Make 10 a day, 2017: July: 375.16 August: 993.10
    September: 296.69 October: 371.09
    • MrsCautious
    • By MrsCautious 9th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    MrsCautious
    Work paying off a little, crept up to over 70.

I think with me I put myself under pressure - partly because I have piles of stuff to get rid of and I get frustrated that I don't do it quicker - but there are only so many hours in the day, I know.

I've added:

1.55 cash for clothes (it's not called that but you get my drift x)
    13.02 We Buy Books
    9.28 Facebook/eBay.
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 9th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 4,884 Posts
    • 19,214 Thanks
    FatVonD
    5 FB sale today, I have enquiries about another so hopefully I can get shot of that one tomorrow.

I left early to visit my mum today to give me time to stop at a couple of towns I pass through so I could snap more ads for Job Spotter. I'm up to just over 6 again but I won't declare until I cash out.
    Make 10 a day in October 224.01/310 (September 374.30, August 223.95, July 71.45, June 251.22, May119.33, April 236.24, March 106.74, Feb 40.99, Jan 98.54)
    • cufc_mike
    • By cufc_mike 9th Oct 17, 9:49 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 1,102 Thanks
    cufc_mike
    16.57 Matched Betting
    10.00 Swagbucks
    0.10 Citizen Me

26.67 total
    Credit Card: 1st Aug 2017 --> 1,371.04 NOW --> 864.70
    Make a Payment a Day: 213.51 in Aug, 167.55 in Sep, 125.28 in Oct
    Make 300 October Challenge: 402.05 / 500 (1,206.50 since Aug '17)
    • MrsCautious
    • By MrsCautious 10th Oct 17, 7:28 AM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 13,118 Thanks
    MrsCautious
    40.28 mystery shopping.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 10th Oct 17, 9:06 AM
    • 4,842 Posts
    • 11,210 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    4.20 tips to add but more exciting is the fact that on Instagc, I managed to win one of the daily codes on the chat thing!!

Have had a couple of atempts but been too slow so really pleased with the extra 9 points. On my way to another 1 amazon.

Awaiting with anticipation for Aesops info on insta as although Im earning a bit more than I was........I still think I could do better.

Some people on there are earning $10 a day.........I can understand how that is possible if you are attempting surveys all day but I have to say surveys are my least favourite way of earning a bit extra.
    Make 10 a day challenge Jan/215.84/ Feb 146.45/ Mar 192.55/Apr 171.20/ May 156.40/june 95.55/ Jul 383.85/Aug 211.60/Sep 282.35/Oct 82.14
    Walk 2000 miles in 2017....1452.69 miles
    • Rosie
    • By Rosie 10th Oct 17, 9:21 AM
    • 1,690 Posts
    • 8,886 Thanks
    Rosie
    5 amazon gift card from SBs and an email from Populus to say I have reached the 50 threshold but I won't count that until the cheque arrives and is in my bank. Keep up the good work everyone.
    May 10 a day 295.24/310
    June 10 a day 246.80/300
    July 10 a day 181.88/310
    Aug 10 a day 317.24/310
    Sept 10 a day 609.90/300
    • mumtoomany
    • By mumtoomany 10th Oct 17, 11:18 AM
    • 135 Posts
    • 1,158 Thanks
    mumtoomany
    Another 20 here. Birthday money from youngest sister. Total so far 22.01, M2m.
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 10th Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    Another sale for 2.42 net of fees and 1.78 cashback. Also spent time yesterday attempting to simplify all my finances which includes moving some things around. Should be done soon and then things should be a little easier even if I do lose some extra cash each month (only about 5).

I cashed out on Vypr and am waiting for that to come through. Anyone else had problems with Vypr today? The format is all wrong when I click on them and I can't do any steers.

Got another 8 items scheduled to go on the bay on Thursday for 10 day auctions already. Hope to get time to get a couple more up before then.
    • ejjones76
    • By ejjones76 10th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    ejjones76
    Joined One Pulse as seen mentioned a fair bit on here. Finally got a paid one. Was about submit it crashed. What's with that? Then got another notification said 5 mins ago - went in app nothing. How do I get paid ones if crash or get full up in a matter of minutes!? 🙁
    • cufc_mike
    • By cufc_mike 10th Oct 17, 9:57 PM
    • 209 Posts
    • 1,102 Thanks
    cufc_mike
    Matched Betting 15.29
    Prolific Ac 6.04
    Work Tuck Shop 8.40
    Total 29.73
    Credit Card: 1st Aug 2017 --> 1,371.04 NOW --> 864.70
    Make a Payment a Day: 213.51 in Aug, 167.55 in Sep, 125.28 in Oct
    Make 300 October Challenge: 402.05 / 500 (1,206.50 since Aug '17)
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 11th Oct 17, 6:29 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    Joined One Pulse as seen mentioned a fair bit on here. Finally got a paid one. Was about submit it crashed. What's with that? Then got another notification said 5 mins ago - went in app nothing. How do I get paid ones if crash or get full up in a matter of minutes!? 🙁
    Originally posted by ejjones76
    As others noted above, it is a bit glitchy at the moment. I have the same thing where the app keeps crashing and not sure whether it is related to the iOS upgrade that I installed. It generally takes me a month to get to 5, but I keep doing all the non paid surveys to up my XP as it gives you more cash per survey and is meant to give you access to more of the paid surveys too.

Not sure when you joined, but I haven't had a paid one since Friday. Keep going for a while and see if it sorts itself out (it should do). You can always message them about the error as I have done that before and generally they already know and are trying to fix it, but maybe it'll speed them up. You just message in the activity section (second section in the iOS app).
    • QueenJess
    • By QueenJess 11th Oct 17, 6:36 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    QueenJess
    10 cash back to report. Also been doing the odd prolific survey when I get time and earned myself some bonuses. On 12 at the moment, so hopefully should get to 20 this month and be able to cash out.

Nothing yet on my eBay buyer... think that will be going to eBay's automatic chasing system for payment I don't understand people that don't pay immediately. Ok, yes it's an auction, but they did bid in the last 15 mins, so it isn't like they set it up and didn't check (plus eBay emails you anyway..). It's annoying as then I have to relist it and it'll be another 10 days before another sale grr.. Just wasting my time.
    Last edited by QueenJess; 11-10-2017 at 6:39 AM. Reason: Added something.
    • arc2014
    • By arc2014 11th Oct 17, 8:05 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 389 Thanks
    arc2014
    A cheeky 11.75 this morning takes my total to 40.30!
    Logbook Loan 170.42/1000 DC1 45/1420.32 DC2 30/321.13 DC3 11.75/11.75 DC4 40/635 Personal Loan 426.74/4800 Overdraft 0/1200

Lightbulb Moment September 2017 - DFD Christmas 2018!

October NSDs 11/15 10 a day challenge 250.31/500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin