Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 30th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    • 709Posts
    • 380Thanks
    RedfordML
    2nd viewing...
    • 30th Sep 17, 6:26 PM
    2nd viewing... 30th Sep 17 at 6:26 PM
    Hopefully this is going to end in good news?!

Anyone received an offer on the back of a 2nd viewing? Or is this something not to read to much into? Trying not to get hopes up*

Our has been on the market a week - 1st viewing today, couple want to view again tommorow, so hopefully that's all positive!

*no chance!
Page 1
    • kinger101
    • By kinger101 30th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 3,956 Posts
    • 5,416 Thanks
    kinger101
    • 30th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 6:31 PM
    No. It's never happened. Nobody ever makes an offer after a second viewing. It has to be one or three.
    • phoebe1989seb
    • By phoebe1989seb 30th Sep 17, 7:07 PM
    • 3,154 Posts
    • 6,461 Thanks
    phoebe1989seb
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:07 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:07 PM
    I don't think we have, no. All our offers - in six sales so far - have come after the first viewing. Ditto buying. The only time we've had a second viewing is after our offer has been accepted.

That said, our viewings have tended to be fairly lengthy, lol

For example, one house we viewed this week we were there 90 minutes. It did have quite a lot of land to explore though.

The shortest viewing we've had so far on the house we're selling has been 45 minutes, while we had one couple view today who were here 2 hours 15 minutes!

If viewings take that long imho a second viewing isn't necessary

Fingers crossed the second viewing on yours yields the desired result.......
    Paid off mortgage early - mortgage-free since age 40 (2007)

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
    • stormbreaker
    • By stormbreaker 30th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 2,140 Posts
    • 6,033 Thanks
    stormbreaker
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:12 PM
    My son made an offer after a second viewing. Like everything else depends in personal circumstances. Goog luck
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 30th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    RedfordML
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 7:16 PM
    no. It's never happened. Nobody ever makes an offer after a second viewing. It has to be one or three.
    Originally posted by kinger101
    ✊🏼💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦
    • dimbo61
    • By dimbo61 30th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 9,593 Posts
    • 5,184 Thanks
    dimbo61
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:27 PM
    On the market ONE WEEK
    Think you might want full or close to full asking price unless it needs work ?
    • Lauraliz
    • By Lauraliz 30th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Lauraliz
    • 30th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 9:45 PM
    When selling we had a few second views and the silly offers the final offer was after a first viewing.
    We have viewed one today and we may go back. Only because we viewed 5 different places today!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 30th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,318 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    • 30th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 10:30 PM
    I went with son on the first viewing, just to give him my opinion.

He then went again with his dad, just in case we missed anything (dad's an engineer - enough said).

Son's been there for a week & loving it
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 1st Oct 17, 5:39 AM
    • 23,707 Posts
    • 89,684 Thanks
    Davesnave
    • 1st Oct 17, 5:39 AM
    • 1st Oct 17, 5:39 AM

Son's been there for a week & loving it
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    That's a long time to be viewing. Aren't the vendors getting a little tired of his company?
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 1st Oct 17, 7:43 AM
    • 3,446 Posts
    • 5,886 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    We put in an offer after a second viewing, we were 99% sure we wanted the house but needed to double check a few things before actually going ahead.

We then had a third viewing close to exchange but that was to measure things like windows and exact room dimensions so we could start plann8ng the move. We couldn’t do as much previously because the tenant was still living there so once she had moved out an£ the place was empty we had easier access to everything.
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 1st Oct 17, 8:13 AM
    • 23,707 Posts
    • 89,684 Thanks
    Davesnave
    It's another 'unanswerable' question, in the sense that the answers won't mean a thing.

We have viewed a number of properties three times and then walked away. Sometimes, it takes 3 viewings to confirm stuff that you might think on a first viewing, but need time to investigate properly. Often, a person one might wish to look at the house, isn't there first time around.

It all depends on the complexity of the property; a typical 3 bed semi isn't going to warrant the same type of scrutiny as some old place with land and outbuildings.
    'A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they'll never sit in.'
    • Mickygg
    • By Mickygg 1st Oct 17, 8:33 AM
    • 1,338 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    Mickygg
    Of course. I have offered on first and second viewings in the past. In my experience people only tend to have two viewings so if they like the property I'd say after the second Viewing you may have an offer.

If people have a third viewing I've found its usually to bring round family and they are very interested.

Actually I've just thought back and on my last 3 properties I have offered after the first viewing. On each occasion the offer wasn't accepted so I went for a second viewing and then upped the offers.

As Davesnave says though it depends what you are selling, if it's a mansion or a place needed total fixing up then it could be very different.
    Last edited by Mickygg; 01-10-2017 at 8:36 AM.
    • indianabones
    • By indianabones 1st Oct 17, 9:40 AM
    • 193 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    indianabones
    To the OP it can mean everything and nothing. I offered on my house after the 2nd viewing.

I knew on my first visit it was the house for me, the 2nd was just to look around and make sure I was making the right decision.

I think most people know the 1st time whether they have the feeling or not, 2nd visits are good.
    • clairecymru
    • By clairecymru 1st Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 473 Posts
    • 2,645 Thanks
    clairecymru
    on the first property we sold, the same person viewed the flat 7 times before putting an offer in. Think every member of the family came to visit as well as the plumber and kitchen fitter.
    Hoping and Praying for that ITV win!
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 1st Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 7,318 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    That's a long time to be viewing. Aren't the vendors getting a little tired of his company?
    Originally posted by Davesnave
    Not as long as the 24 years he was here lol
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC / Wescott / Argos Card cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge

Next on the list - JD Williams
    • RedfordML
    • By RedfordML 1st Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    • 709 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    RedfordML
    on the first property we sold, the same person viewed the flat 7 times before putting an offer in. Think every member of the family came to visit as well as the plumber and kitchen fitter.
    Originally posted by clairecymru
    Haha. Brutal, but you got an offer in the end!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 1st Oct 17, 4:53 PM
    • 7,188 Posts
    • 19,637 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Perhaps more to the point, have the got a survey sorted?
    (How we used to measure a buyers seriousness...)
    • kates08
    • By kates08 1st Oct 17, 6:35 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    kates08
    We had 15 first viewings, 4 second viewings and a 3rd viewing (not the person who bought!) before we sold. Similarly we went to do 2nd viewings on 3 houses on Saturday and have only offered on one of those.

It is a positive sign if someone wants to come back, but it doesn't mean you're sold yet. It is really hard not to get your hopes up with a 2nd viewing though!

On our current house that we are now selling the market was moving unbelievably fast so we viewed once the day it went on the market and made an offer about an hour later.
    Last edited by kates08; 01-10-2017 at 6:37 PM.
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 7th Oct 17, 10:20 AM
    • 2,106 Posts
    • 3,141 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Perhaps more to the point, have the got a survey sorted?
    (How we used to measure a buyers seriousness...)
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    What, before making an offer? Of course they won't have.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin