Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mightbedave
    • By mightbedave 30th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 7Thanks
    mightbedave
    UKPC PCN - Julian's Car Park Didcot
    • 30th Sep 17, 5:08 PM
    UKPC PCN - Julian's Car Park Didcot 30th Sep 17 at 5:08 PM
    [Just had to set up a new user name as original could give my name away]

The driver of my car recently got a PCN on the windscreen at this car park. Basically payment was made by Ringgo (the only payment option) but later in the day and before returning to the car. The tariff is a fixed rate for the whole day. The PCN was issued before payment was made.

The signs in the car park are so poor that I am confident of winning on that basis at POPLA appeal stage. E.g.
    - Entrance sign does not state that the car park is managed and there is no mention of UKPC
    - The main sign in the car park doesn't make any reference to a penalty charge for not paying the tariff or any other terms and conditions - also no mention of UKPC on that sign.
    - There is a small UKPC sign with the full terms but this was genuinely not seen by the driver.

None of the signs say when the tariff has to be paid.

Given the tariff was paid but after the PCN was issued is it worth adding this to the POPLA appeal? Or should I leave it out and stick to the standard appeals as outlined in the NEWBIE thread - majoring on the poor signage, and leave out the payment info?

The slight complication is that I was with the driver at the time and paid the tariff on my phone under my name. I genuinely was not the driver though.

Thanks in advance - I'll keep you updated on the result of my appeal.
Page 2
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jan 18, 10:16 PM
    • 6,704 Posts
    • 8,652 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Well done you .....

Hope you stick around and help others

UKPC must have realised their claim was the usual rubbish

Why don't you invoice them for your time wasted
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

10,051Users online

Martin's Twitter