Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 30th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 359Posts
    • 135Thanks
    Mchambers
    Amazing that I have got a HSBC Advanced account
    • 30th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    Amazing that I have got a HSBC Advanced account 30th Sep 17 at 2:21 PM
    Saw the MSE weekly email this week.

So I thought that I would apply for an advanced account again to get £150 bonus for switching to them. When I applied a few months ago, my application was rejected.

Got a bank card this morning in the post so I am assuming that my app has been successful this time. Just wonderful.

Already created two d/debits (via my Tescos accounts) on my Nwide flexaccount, which I will be switching over to HSBC. Just got £100 in my Nwide account.

Very simple and easy to do.

Just have wait a few days before I start the switch.
    Last edited by Mchambers; 30-09-2017 at 2:30 PM.
Page 2
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 12th Oct 17, 1:28 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Sorted. Very easy for £200.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 12th Oct 17, 11:27 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 135 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Opened another account for my next switch deal.
    • atlantis187
    • By atlantis187 12th Oct 17, 11:43 PM
    • 971 Posts
    • 370 Thanks
    atlantis187
    can someone please definitely confirm weather only 2 standing orders would suffice for the bonus or does it definitely need to be direct debits?
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 13th Oct 17, 12:11 AM
    • 5,608 Posts
    • 5,441 Thanks
    eskbanker
    can someone please definitely confirm weather only 2 standing orders would suffice for the bonus or does it definitely need to be direct debits?
    Originally posted by atlantis187
    The offer terms are at https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-app-content/content/pws/content/personal/pdfs/HSBC_200_Switching_offer.pdf, where you need to read clause 4(c) for your answer (which is consistent with the earlier posts in this thread).
    • TheEffect
    • By TheEffect 13th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 2,230 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    TheEffect
    On a side note, HSBC will be releasing their new mobile banking app next week.

• caper7
    • By caper7 15th Oct 17, 3:41 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    caper7
    I have never done any of this current account switching, but out of curiosity, is the money received considered income for your tax return? Would one declare it as untaxed interest?
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 15th Oct 17, 8:17 AM
    • 412 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    They are not taxed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,874Posts Today

6,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin