Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pepper33
    • By pepper33 30th Sep 17, 1:32 PM
    • 477Posts
    • 100Thanks
    pepper33
    buying tiles in ireland bathroom and lounge
    • 30th Sep 17, 1:32 PM
    buying tiles in ireland bathroom and lounge 30th Sep 17 at 1:32 PM
    I have heard that you can get some good deals down south to buy tiles. Anyone know any places?

thank you
Page 1
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 1st Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 15,826 Posts
    • 9,121 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 1st Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    • 1st Oct 17, 11:27 AM
    I have heard that you can get some good deals down south to buy tiles. Anyone know any places?

thank you
    Originally posted by pepper33
    I'd be very surprised if they were cheaper, given the weakish pound and transportations costs.

We tiled our kitchen / snug, hall, dining room, landing and study as well as various en suites. We found some of the smaller / family run resellers were good value as their overheads were lower.

We used RTS tiles outside Tandragee a fair bit. www.rtstiles.com They were knowledgeable, experienced and a decent price.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • saverbuyer
    • By saverbuyer 1st Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    • 2,459 Posts
    • 1,408 Thanks
    saverbuyer
    • 1st Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 3:50 PM
    Agree with Paul, I find it highly unlikely you'll get tiles cheaper down south .

If you are wanting to push the boat out, Fired Earth and David Scott are fantastic but you're paying for it. Used them for my bathrooms.

Tons of tiles also worked out cheaper for some of the tiles I bought even with pallet delivery costs.

Out of the local places I used, Armatile were the best by far. Fantastic selection and good prices. Used them for the kitchen.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 1st Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 15,826 Posts
    • 9,121 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 1st Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 6:19 PM
    Agree with Paul, I find it highly unlikely you'll get tiles cheaper down south .

If you are wanting to push the boat out, Fired Earth and David Scott are fantastic but you're paying for it. Used them for my bathrooms.

Tons of tiles also worked out cheaper for some of the tiles I bought even with pallet delivery costs.

Out of the local places I used, Armatile were the best by far. Fantastic selection and good prices. Used them for the kitchen.
    Originally posted by saverbuyer
    Another +1 for Armatile. We've used them in the past.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • lauraland
    • By lauraland 1st Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 1,652 Posts
    • 18,912 Thanks
    lauraland
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    • 1st Oct 17, 8:34 PM
    I used tons of tiles, quality designs at low prices even with the pallet delivery charge to NI. They do some fired earth ranges at half the price and the sample service is great.
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
    • pepper33
    • By pepper33 10th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    pepper33
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:50 PM
    thanks everyone, had been looking at pallets, but it was really expensive to get them to Belfast
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,265Users online

Martin's Twitter