Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CottonTail1322
    • By CottonTail1322 29th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CottonTail1322
    Tax credit renewal still not complete?
    • 29th Sep 17, 11:30 PM
    Tax credit renewal still not complete? 29th Sep 17 at 11:30 PM
    I meant to add this to my other post but I forgot!

I filled out our tax credits renewal online at the end of June, a few weeks later when I checked the online account, it stated this would be complete by 7th of September. When it wasn't completed by 14th sept, I called and was told it would be around another week. I've still heard nothing and my account is now saying the renewal will be complete by 30th November! We've had no changes at all in circumstances or income either.

Is anyone else having this issue? I get really nervous about tax credits as they messed up a few years ago and we ended up owing a lot of money and having our payments stopped (we got it all back paid when they investigated and realised their mistake). As a disabled mum of young children, it would be a disaster if that happened again
Page 1
    • Shells2310
    • By Shells2310 3rd Oct 17, 9:12 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shells2310
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:12 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:12 PM
    Hi, I just logged into mine and googled to see if anyone else has the same. I am also disabled and have a dissabled child too. Think I'll ring them in the morning. Have you tried ringing them?
    • stephimoon
    • By stephimoon 5th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    stephimoon
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    Same here. :(
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:17 PM
    Hi

I renewed my Tax Credits online in June and was told we'd get it all sorted by the 14th September. Mine is now also saying the 30th November. I have had a job change (from self-employed to employed) and they requested further info from us due to gift aid donations, which I sent in last week. When I went to check on the progress of the application yesterday, I was presented with the new date of the 30th November. All in all, they will have been underpaying us for 34 weeks. I don't understand why the system is so rubbish.

It's rather infuriating, we keep having to use our overdraft and pay fees for it while HMRC tries to get their act together. If it was us owing them money, no doubt we would have had loads of threatening letters by now. I just don't understand why it seems to take longer and longer to get sorted each year?!?!?!
    Wins: Stairgate worth £27.99 and ViewSonic Monitor worth £129 = £156.99/2015, hoping to win a car!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

50Posts Today

3,537Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin