Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kjrann
    • By kjrann 29th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    kjrann
    Lidl parking fine
    • 29th Sep 17, 5:58 PM
    Lidl parking fine 29th Sep 17 at 5:58 PM
    Hi all

I'm new to this forum so apologies if there is already a thread on this?
    I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on). I don't regularly shop there but have done so before several months ago for much longer and never received a fine. Is there any advice / guidance on how to appeal such a fine? I'm not sure i still have my receipt but I would have a bank statement to prove I was shopping in their store (but never will again!).

Help, advice or just sympathy welcome!
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 29th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    • 16,087 Posts
    • 20,116 Thanks
    Redx
    • 29th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 6:04 PM
    yes there is a thread for you to read

the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread near the top of this forum

you complain to the LIDL CEO

and you appeal it using one of the templates in that NEWBIES sticky thread

we gets lots of these every week, same advice given, so read some of those too

ps:- its not a "fine" , its an invoice , and grace periods apply here, plus being a customer of theirs too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 29th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 33,044 Posts
    • 17,004 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 29th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 6:05 PM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a thread until they have read and understood the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum.

Go there now to see how to deal with this (both appealing and complaining to Lidl!)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 50,672 Posts
    • 64,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 29th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 7:15 PM
    The very first link in the NEWBIES thread takes you to 'successful complaints' with a recent post about who to email to get this cancelled (and it's not Athena).

You can also find the answer by searching the forum for 'Lidl' or 'Athena'. Been discussed to death...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kjrann
    • By kjrann 29th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kjrann
    • 29th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 8:52 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    • gendarme
    • By gendarme 30th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    gendarme
    • 30th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 2:15 PM
    Hi all

I'm new to this forum so apologies if there is already a thread on this?
    I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on). I don't regularly shop there but have done so before several months ago for much longer and never received a fine. Is there any advice / guidance on how to appeal such a fine? I'm not sure i still have my receipt but I would have a bank statement to prove I was shopping in their store (but never will again!).

Help, advice or just sympathy welcome!
    Originally posted by kjrann
    Lidl allow 10 minutes to pick up / drop off. If the 10 minutes is exceeded then the conditions for parking will apply e.g. enter registration at till terminal etc. which may require a till receipt bar code in order to do so.

This 10 minute allowance is never displayed anywhere.

The MD for LIDL changed recently and the new MD's email address is not yet known although I think I may have discovered it.
    • kjrann
    • By kjrann 30th Sep 17, 6:30 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kjrann
    • 30th Sep 17, 6:30 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 6:30 PM
    Gendarme - are you willing to share the new MDs name then to help with the appeal?
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 30th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 6,161 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:32 PM
    Gendarme - are you willing to share the new MDs name then to help with the appeal?
    The MD is Mr Christian Härtnagel

Clearly he is bombarded with complaints so he now
    hides behind compliance@lidl.co.uk
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 30th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 30,102 Posts
    • 19,052 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    • 30th Sep 17, 8:37 PM
    How long had you been parked for OP ?
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 30th Sep 17, 8:39 PM
    • 14,933 Posts
    • 23,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    How long had you been parked for OP ?
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    All there in post #1.

I've just got home to receive a fine for parking in Lidl for 11 mins last week as apparently there is a limit of 10 minute parking? (ironically most of y 11 minutes queuing at the till as they only had one on).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • kjrann
    • By kjrann 2nd Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kjrann
    So I’ve used the templates in the Newbies thread. Lidl have responded to say as I have also contacted Athena they will allow them to deal with my appeal. Sadly I don’t have the receipt as i paid cash and gave to my in laws as i was shopping for them. I found a thread on the lidl community forum which said Lidl wouldn’t accept bank statements as evidence/proof of shopping in their store. Hey ho - will a response from Athena ��
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Oct 17, 11:45 PM
    • 50,672 Posts
    • 64,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    And when Athena turn down the 'appeal' obviously you'll be complaining to Lidl again and insisting they cancel it this time. Like the recent post in 'Successful complaints about PPCs' (the very first link in the NEWBIES thread), it's all a stupid merry-go-round and Lidl are mucking you about.

I would be telling Lidl you DO NOT 'allow' Athena to handle the appeal because you have discovered NO cases where they have ever cancelled one without being told to do so, by Lidl. None in the public domain have been found otherwise.

Say you want Lidl to cancel it - NOW - and email the CEO himself.

You know the CEO's email addy already, we assume, because you'll have seen it when you read the recent posts in 'Successful Complaints about PPCs', or found it easily when reading the hundreds of other Lidl threads here by searching for that one word.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• kjrann
    • By kjrann 3rd Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kjrann
    Thanks - it was the CEOs email I used but the reply came back from a customer services email. Do I wait for a reply from Athena or email Lidl back asking them to request Athena cancel the invoice? Although I don't have the receipt and paid cash, I can list on my hand the items I purchased so should be able to prove I shopped in store - I couldn't have physically gone anywhere else for 11 mins parking.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Oct 17, 8:48 PM
    • 14,933 Posts
    • 23,440 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Lidl can run off a duplicate receipt if you give them the approx time of purchase and a list of items.

Keep on at Lidl. Athena won’t budge as for them to uphold a motorist’s appeal is just not in their DNA (or any other parking company’s DNA for that matter!).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • kjrann
    • By kjrann 5th Oct 17, 6:17 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    kjrann
    I've replied to Lidl asking them to contact Athena to cancel my invoice. In the meantime I have today had a reply from Athena asking for proof of purchase in store and stating is wa my responsibility to check parking signs re the recent change of process. Had the signs been more obvious I might have noticed :-) I had asked Lidl in my email reply to check their till receipts as I can remember the items I purchased (only 5 items).
    Shall I wait for a Lidl reply first or reply asking for a copy of the receipt so I can reply to Athena? It was a cash purchase so sadly I have no bank statements and the receipt long recycled!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 5th Oct 17, 9:23 PM
    • 6,161 Posts
    • 7,872 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I've replied to Lidl asking them to contact Athena to cancel my invoice. In the meantime I have today had a reply from Athena asking for proof of purchase in store and stating is wa my responsibility to check parking signs re the recent change of process. Had the signs been more obvious I might have noticed :-) I had asked Lidl in my email reply to check their till receipts as I can remember the items I purchased (only 5 items).
    Shall I wait for a Lidl reply first or reply asking for a copy of the receipt so I can reply to Athena? It was a cash purchase so sadly I have no bank statements and the receipt long recycled!
    Athena want proof of purchase, wait for Lidl to provide that.

In the meantime, nothing can happen.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,335Posts Today

6,856Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin