Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • springdune
    • By springdune 29th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    springdune
    Water ingress - is OK?!
    • 29th Sep 17, 1:04 PM
    Water ingress - is OK?! 29th Sep 17 at 1:04 PM
    Replacement patio sliding door in ali, looks great. Sliding door moves behind fixed pane which differs from the old window - this is a security measure. However when it rains the moving door pushes water into the channel behind the fixed pane so into the house. Unless it's sufficient volume to hit one of the two weep holes (that let air in anyway) then it disappears only with evaporation into my room or by me mopping it up. I am being told that this is how it should be!
    I am saying this is totally wrong on all levels - the window isn't functioning correctly.
    With modern design/security features is it not possible to have an outside sliding door that would negate the water issue? Views would be welcomed.
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 29th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 4,893 Posts
    • 5,332 Thanks
    societys child
    • 29th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 9:00 PM
    Something not right. My sliding door opens on the inside and never had that problem in twelve years.

• springdune
    • By springdune 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    springdune
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    Sliding doors ALWAYS let water inside.....
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    Thanks for replying SC - the manufacturer, fabricator and installer came back today and apparently the water that is in the channel is NOT INSIDE my house because it is in the window channel, as it's not damaging my carpet or structure of the house was another rational - "it's a matter of interpretation" I was told!! Apparently the window complies with all Standards (though they couldn't show me any paperwork) and ALL sliding windows UPVC or Aluminium that slide inside the fixed pane will drain water in the channel inside the house (but not inside the house). Battle commences......
    • missile
    • By missile 13th Oct 17, 4:04 AM
    • 9,021 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    missile
    • 13th Oct 17, 4:04 AM
    • 13th Oct 17, 4:04 AM
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with your door.

Details of the manufacturer and a photo would help :-)
    Last edited by missile; 13-10-2017 at 4:06 AM.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

214Posts Today

2,023Users online

Martin's Twitter