Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 29th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    • 7,698Posts
    • 31,080Thanks
    Flick216
    Student Meal Disasters
    • 29th Sep 17, 10:26 AM
    Student Meal Disasters 29th Sep 17 at 10:26 AM
    Sorry for the Daily Fail link - I only read it for the lols!

However I thought this was quite an interesting article. How can these students get to the age they are without knowing how to cook??

My mother taught my brothers and me to cook form an early age - in fact I cannot remember NOT knowing how to cook. I also taught my boys how to cook from an early age. My youngest's lasagna is the stuff of legends! What are these parents teaching their children?

Caveat - it has to be said that just because my boys know how to cook, it doesn't mean they do actually cook! When the eldest stays over he still looks forward to mum's cooking!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4929538/Students-share-hilarious-university-cooking-fails.html
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
Page 3
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 4th Oct 17, 10:06 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 4,035 Thanks
    Izadora
    "Wash dark colours separately"
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    That always flummoxed me as a kid, if something was a bit of an inbetween colour I wasn't sure whether it meant that I should wash dark colours separately from the item or that the item should be washed away from light colours.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 10:17 AM
    • 29,536 Posts
    • 108,505 Thanks
    Pyxis
    That always flummoxed me as a kid, if something was a bit of an inbetween colour I wasn't sure whether it meant that I should wash dark colours separately from the item or that the item should be washed away from light colours.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    It's an initiative test, designed to separate the sheets from the coats.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 4th Oct 17, 10:30 AM
    • 7,698 Posts
    • 31,080 Thanks
    Flick216
    I just chuck everything in together at 30 deg. Ain't nobody got time for separating washing!

Although I will periodically give my whites a boil wash.
    ENFP - Assertive

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 4th Oct 17, 10:33 AM
    • 29,536 Posts
    • 108,505 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I just chuck everything in together at 30 deg. Ain't nobody got time for separating washing!
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Yes, me too.
    Anyway, very pale blue is a favourite colour of mine!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 4th Oct 17, 12:40 PM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 4,035 Thanks
    Izadora

The thought of that's making me feel quite

My husband always thought I was being unnecessarily fussy by asking him to separate washing so threw everything in the machine together. I now have quite a lot of chewing-gum grey underwear...
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 5th Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 7,698 Posts
    • 31,080 Thanks
    Flick216
    Yes, me too.
    Anyway, very pale blue is a favourite colour of mine!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I did actually end up with a rather beautiful dress once having put something blue in with a whites hot wash. My white dress came out an astonishingly beautiful shade of pale blue - a colour I have never been able to replicate.
    ENFP - Assertive

• Silvertabby
    • By Silvertabby 5th Oct 17, 10:02 AM
    • 1,637 Posts
    • 1,976 Thanks
    Silvertabby
    “ I just chuck everything in together at 30 deg. Ain't nobody got time for separating washing!

The thought of that's making me feel quite

My husband always thought I was being unnecessarily fussy by asking him to separate washing so threw everything in the machine together. I now have quite a lot of chewing-gum grey underwear... Posted by Izadora
    When I was packing for a 4 month tour of duty in the Falklands I only took ecru/black underwear with me as I knew that the peaty water down there discoloured whites.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of leaving a new, white, very expensive bra in the laundry basket. When I got back from the Falklands I found said bra washed, dried and neatly folded in my underwear drawer - but it was now a mucky grey colour. Mr S never did say what he had washed it with, but my money was on a load of his black socks and underpants.
    Save
    Save
    Save
    Last edited by Silvertabby; 06-10-2017 at 9:56 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,578Posts Today

8,761Users online

Martin's Twitter