Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • robin58
    • By robin58 29th Sep 17, 4:54 AM
    • 1,852Posts
    • 1,876Thanks
    robin58
    0 WOW
    New Chicken Scandal : supplier fiddles dates.
    • 29th Sep 17, 4:54 AM
    0 WOW
    New Chicken Scandal : supplier fiddles dates. 29th Sep 17 at 4:54 AM
    Go read this article about a chicken supplier to some top supermarkets changing dates among other things.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/28/uks-top-supplier-of-supermarket-chicken-fiddles-food-safety-dates

You may never look at supermarket chicken in the same way again!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
Page 2
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 2:00 PM
    • 8,353 Posts
    • 4,967 Thanks
    teddysmum
    I wonder whether this scandal makes it difficult for M&S to pretend their food is anything special...
    Originally posted by Mee
    It was obvious years ago, that their wrapped chocolate assortments were actually Quality Street and Roses with different wrappers.

I only buy chicken form Morrisons, now, as they declared that their meat was not produced the halal way, though New Zealand lamb was. This is nothing to do with religion, but unnecessary cruelty (beyond that of normal slaughter). Other supermarkets were coy, refusing to comment, saying there was a mixture of origins and one even saying it was ok as te animals were prayed over. (I had risked Aldi until a box of halal turkey was photographed on an aisle of a store; reply being most is not halal).

The picking up of food from floors is an old tradition in manufacture. At least the chicken will be cooked, but some years ago, school friends had summer jobs in a big name bakery's factory, making battenburg cakes.

The instructions were to pick up any marzipan offcuts from the floor and place them in machines that mixed them up to be reused as one would remix and roll pastry offcuts at home.
    • Mee
    • By Mee 5th Oct 17, 5:23 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    Mee

The picking up of food from floors is an old tradition in manufacture. At least the chicken will be cooked, but some years ago, school friends had summer jobs in a big name bakery's factory, making battenburg cakes.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    That makes so depressed...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,868Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin