Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DeeBee63
    • By DeeBee63 29th Sep 17, 12:19 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DeeBee63
    Sky £20 fee to transfer phone number
    • 29th Sep 17, 12:19 AM
    Sky £20 fee to transfer phone number 29th Sep 17 at 12:19 AM
    Hi guys
    I used MSE's Unbundled tool (thanks Martin!) and found a broadband and line rental deal for £15 per month with Sky. However, I would like to keep my phone number but they want £20 to transfer it. Any suggestions for getting them to waive this fee? Tried haggling via the online chat but they wouldn't budge. I know it's a good deal, but most providers don't charge to keep your old number.
    Should I try again or just grab the good deal?
    Any advice welcome thanks.
Page 2
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 12:48 PM
    • 8,606 Posts
    • 5,091 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Colin, your link shows an offer of £50 on MasterCard with ADSL at £20,making it roughly £15.83, but that appears to be for new all round customers who only want phone/bb.

If I log in I get the existing (tv) customer offer of £18 at the top of the page ,but it mentions having to recontract your tv . However,just below is a line of boxes as your link shows,again with £18 as the offer, but clicking for more details doesn't mention any conditions.

I'm beginning to hope PlusNet are feeling generous (as they aren't too bad since tweaking my supply), so I can stay.

Sky has a chat box frequently popping up ,but clicking it has no effect.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 4th Oct 17, 1:38 PM
    • 8,606 Posts
    • 5,091 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Lol, it's not Big Brother watching you @teddysmum, it's Sky.
    Originally posted by Colin_Maybe

That sounds like a joke, but there have been a number of stories in the last 18 months that suggest tv companies (Samsung is one ) admit spying via smart tvs, because of the internet usage involved. It has also been suggested that such as the CIA bug tv sets for actual surveillance ,so only a small step to general spying from the real Big Brother.
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 1:43 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bronvahl
    The OP is referring to joining Sky, not leaving them, so the situation is different.

Going from Sky to PlusNet had no cease charge for me, but leaving PlusNet a will have a £30 fee.
    Originally posted by teddysmum
    What a Scam Plusnet are!
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 1:47 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bronvahl
    Sky do seem to have a problem with some lines, it seems to be based on exchange.

I have known one move in same block and they could not move number and they cancelled the charge because of it.

I thought OFCOM rules said you could take your number with you no matter what and without fee?

Sky experience seems to be so variable.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

280Posts Today

1,142Users online

Martin's Twitter