Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 2,113Posts
    • 21,604Thanks
    mothernerd
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER
    • 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER 28th Sep 17 at 9:46 PM
    Ninja Savings Turtles ORGANISE OCTOBER

Several people have indicted that circumstances dictate the continuation of September's Super Scrimpers regime and the tough line instituted by Ninja Savings Kat in her challenges (see NSK).

Austerity October? Austerity with a twist because although the turtle way is difficult we always aim to have some fun along the way, provide the odd inspirational quote, offer help and advice, sympathise when things go wrong and celebrate our successes. Remember No Turtle Gets Left Behind.

Commit to the challenge, follow the rules to the best of your ability. The rules are all tools that will help you on your debt free journey, the more tools you utilise, the more you will save but if you are new, it can take a while to get up to speed with them all. Don't worry.

The Truth is out There
    Question Everything
    Be Stronger Than Your Excuses

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards.

Regular budget items should be set by 3rd October at the latest (extra time allowed because this is being posted later than usual). If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? Can you make a percentage cut to one of your budget items - 3% to 10% you decide. Most importantly, Pay To Your Debt Or savings First, Live off What Is Left.

Get Ready for Winter. Checklist in separate post. You decide how and when to implement it.

ALWAYS Be Kind

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). You will not lose an NSD for petrol included in petrol budget, medical expenses (you don't choose when to be ill but stocking up would be cheaper), yellow sticker purchases only (no additional full price items). For regular activites where fees are paid weekly (children's clubs, window cleaner) you can set aside the money for the month on a spend day and avoid losing a spend day each week.

Special exemption for the turtle who's family drink milk by the bucketload. Any requests for special exemptions will be considered (some turtles manage their money in other ways)

IMPROVISE. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Looking forward to reading your stories on this one (not if they invlove sending OH to work in your pants).

STOPTOBER Are you participating? Have you any bad habits to curb or a good one to implement or re-instate.

EXERCISE Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible.

ONE MORE TIME It is never too late for a second chance. Some of us set goals in January. last month thrifty asked us to look at where we wanted to be, why we weren't there and what was going wrong. Now you need to put in the small steps that will lead to your goal. If you have fallen off the path, start again - just because you can't do it all, doesn't mean you can't do any. New starters may like to set some goals for the next 3 months.

CHRISTMAS Sorry we do have to talk about it. If you love it and have been planning and saving all year, enjoy yourself.
    But let us think about cutting back.
    You still have time to have the 'no present pact' talk (token presents/ children only) or talk your work colleagues or other groups into only giving one card to the whole group with savings possibly going to charity.

You still have time to make presents but may need to buy materials (may be more time for edible gifts). Involve children in making gifts particularly for grand-parents and teachers. Encourage them to have a toy clear out and pass on any that are no longer wanted to younger family memebrs or charity (or sell to make a few pennies).

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas
    If the works annual do is a chore (and an expensive one) opt out. Say you aren't going.
    Some people have lovely families and love to gather together. Most of us have the odd awkward relative and some would try the patience of a saint. Don't let others take you for granted and don't feel obliged to welcome all and sundry.
    If Christmas is a difficult time for you, take time out if you need it, treat yourself kindly .

THE Challenge will run from 00.00 on 1st October until 00.00 on 31st October.

ODD - This month's inspiration is going to be slightly off the wall. Looking forward to how many of you can follow where others boldly go

BANNED Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. exemption for turtls who budget for this from personal/ social spending or who have nowhere else to meet a friend. Dispensation for support for sick friends.

EXTRA INCOME Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs (Bunny tales - and tails - always welcome).

REPORT in, daily if possible (I know some people have access problems). Sometimes people slink off if they have strayed but you will not feel better until you tell your fellow turtles about it. BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES.

Last edited by mothernerd; 29-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Oct #1 SFD 9/20 Food £71.25/ £100 Travel £3/10 DIY £17/30 Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
Page 5
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 2nd Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Mothernerd can I join in as well please. Bit late joining as only back from wedding at some ridiculous hour last night.
    Am shattered and wrote a lovely long post which is now lost Summary below.

Budgets set, it will be a tight month esp as not sure of final costs of moving yet. Working on clearing the cupboards, more batch cooking planned if I can stay awake tonight.
    Declaring 1/15 NSDs but need to keep track of exercise as well as this has fallen by wayside.

Few social outings planned but should be covered in the budgets.
    Don't really spend much on Christmas in our house. Well get good bit of food in but no one is that bothered about presents thankfully. Main expense is my flights which I will book as soon as I can get my leave confirmed. Then hoping to do a concert in Jan as the combined Christmas dinner / presents among my group of friends. £30 for ticket and likely one of us will drive so much less of an expense than other years plus something to look forward to in gloomy Jan.
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 2nd Oct 17, 4:32 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Thank you Mothernerd, I am having a tough time at the moment but I'm trying where I can. Today has been a little better on the exercise front although not a NSD, will be back later to update properly.
    Debt 14/10/17/20/9/17 5395.16/5690.50 = Loan: 2065.32/2207.38 Car Loan: 2292.94/2419.64 0% CC: 1036.90/1063.48 DFD April 19 (Target Dec 18).
    Make up to £10 a day challenge: £110.51/£150..NSD October 12/15
    • Sazzle13
    • By Sazzle13 2nd Oct 17, 5:20 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    Sazzle13
    Number 14 checking in
    1/18 NSD - my daughter is ill and I've run out of medicine over the day, quick trip so whilst I needed it I did treat her to a kinder egg and she looked pitiful! Spends £4.85 / £100

I took my lunch to work and avoided Greggs.

Petrol £20.01 / £100

Also my entertainment budget might get shot, I've very kindly been offered free tickets to a concert, no doubt it'll cost a fortune there, hopefully not too much!

Just tracking for me is a bonus but i might sign up to some surveys later in the month! Used to earn lots doing them, or well a decent amount!
    • greent
    • By greent 2nd Oct 17, 5:42 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,845 Thanks
    greent
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - This afternoon I discovered DS3 needs to take cake(s) to Cubs tonight - so after school we whipped up a quick batch of cupcakes (quicker to cook than a big cake) - choc & coconut (with golden syrup in) topped with choc buttercream, a small sprinkle of coconut and then some animal/ woodlife cake toppers we had left over. I call that a win (hubby suggested buying one but I was determined to use stuff up) Have also (when reorganising pantry) condensed 3 jars of marm1te into 2, 2 packs of coconut into 1 and 4 part tubs of cake cases into 2 tubs

Budgets
    * Food - 28.44/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 0/60
    * Clothes 0/75
    * Gifts 5.50/150
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 0/200 (stretch 150)

NSD - 1/12

Improvise - made up the recipe for the cupcakes as I went along (did basic sponge recipe and added cocoa and coconut to taste)

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 1/4 Nothing today - although fitbit shows 65 active minutes where I've been running around doing housework (inc cleaning windows etc)

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way" Have halved non mtge debt which we had at start of year - although new fridge freezer and shower have gone on 0% CC last month. Weight and fitness have definitely been abandoned - so I re-weigh myself tomorrow....

Extra income - fleabay sale netting £2.69 after all costs (every little helps.... )

Christmas -

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins taken today so 2/31
    4 - Maintenance - need to contact plasterer & electrician by 10/10. (Have mentioned it to electrician's wife - mum at school - but need to do it properly) OH has messaged plumber we used for bathrooms before - fingers crossed he still has the same email.....

Gratitudes:
    * having ingredients in to bake cakes at short notice!
    * finding a tub of lollies etc I bought ys very cheap back in Jan and hid (in date until 02/18) - can use for Hallowe'en callers
    * our flights for our holiday later this month NOT being with Monarch (unlike our friends who are going on holiday this week...)
    Last edited by greent; 04-10-2017 at 9:23 AM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4607/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1202.80/£500 PAYDOX17 £11635/£10k Decluttered 1650/2017 items
    • dizzyblnd
    • By dizzyblnd 2nd Oct 17, 6:12 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    dizzyblnd
    Can I join in too please. I managed to end September on 14/18 nsds so going to aim for 15 this month. I went over my food budget so going to set this again at £300. Christmas- well I don't like to buy 'things' I like to buy experiences. That takes a lot of thought tho.

I started my winter prep last month. Bought the children coats, hats, scarves n gloves. I still need to do the house and garden so that will b high on my to do list. I also desperately need to declutter!
    NST #30: nsd 19/21
    • dizzyblnd
    • By dizzyblnd 2nd Oct 17, 6:18 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 3,211 Thanks
    dizzyblnd
    Oh also I started the month well by getting my first nsd. So 1/15 achieved. I'm going to spend tonight sorting a plan to get my house in order. I must must must get on eBay.
    NST #30: nsd 19/21
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 2nd Oct 17, 6:42 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 14,409 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Check in 2.

Good day today. Feeling a lot more positive.

Food - meal planning done. Shouldn’t need much this week. DH away a bit next week so I’m going to use up stuff imaginatively.

Exercise - PT this morning. And got off the bus early so walked a bit.

1st NSD today. Yay

Took lunch to work.

I took a good look at myself last night and did some gratitudes. September wasn’t a total bust actually - I started my new job. 3 months of guaranteed work. And pay

Gratitudes:

- A full roast dinner last night. Yum. Lots of leftovers too.
    - A flexible working schedule. I worked enough extra last week to be able to take Wednesday off
    - A surprisingly good 2 day tax conference that has given me some great time management tips and networking contacts.
    *** Debt Free***
    NST October 1/18
    Goals - Weight loss 0/13lb from 1st Jul 17
    GC To 1/10/17 £2416.17£3,500, 69.03/74.79% of the year. Had to raise budget
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 2nd Oct 17, 6:46 PM
    • 4,552 Posts
    • 34,895 Thanks
    DawnW
    Check in 2/31
    Nothing spent today Updated signature.
    Improvisation - used flaked almonds instead of peanuts and a different stir fry sauce to the one stated in the recipe I did for dinner. Nobody was any the wiser - also used up some trout fillets from the freezer

Exercise - running around after my 3 year old grand daughter all morning - plus walking to the park with her to play on the swings. Dog walk this afternoon.

Extra money - just pennies away from cash out on Onepoll
    Sold some items on ebay
    Grocery / household spends for October £272.78 / £160
    NSDs for October 7/15
    Grocery / household spends for September £200.15 / £160.00
    SFDs for September 8/18
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 2nd Oct 17, 6:56 PM
    • 437 Posts
    • 4,096 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    2/31

Today has not been a NSD as i did not have the energy/time to make pastry after work so got some on the way home, also got some more butter as all my baking yesterday might have reduced it somewhat! Tom also picked up some corned beef for his packed lunches as he forget to get his sandwich supplies when we went shopping!

Remembered to take lunch with me to work today. Leek and potato soup with a seeded roll from the freezer and some chopped up fruit.

Using leftovers for dinner - chicken and leek pie with cabbage I had shredded yesterday that was waiting to be cooked. Prepping veg in advance really does help after work as it does not feel such a chore having to do these things! I like the result of being organised I just need to work at it.

Diet has not gone well today... partly to do with the extra helpings of flapjacks I had (glad I froze some!) and pudding (lemon and poppyseed cake) before dinner. I have no control when I'm hungry - think it may have something to do with lacking sufficient protein in my diet. I will try and make an effort to eat more protein whilst at work to try and keep me fuller for longer. I'm trying to avoid eating the additional crap in the house and only try to eat sweet goodies I have made as I know what has gone into them!

I will aim for the rest of the working week to be spend free - my biggest problem last month was that I didn't rack up NSD for about a week and felt constantly behind with myself. Must try and do better this month and really get some.

Work was not too bad today either - managed to Leave about 20 minutes early today. Need to get here earlier tomorrow though to try and get through all mountain of work for tomorrow that I know will be at my desk!
    Last edited by Lauralozzle; 02-10-2017 at 7:03 PM.
    October grocery challenge £150.54/£200 | October cleaning budget £75.16/£75 | October NSD 9/15
    Credit Card: £220 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,240 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,684 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • Tea&Kittens
    • By Tea&Kittens 2nd Oct 17, 7:04 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    Tea&Kittens
    I know I just did yesterday's check-in earlier today, but I'm now on NSD 2 (of hopefully 17 for the month, and 5 in a row!)
    October: NSDs 6 / 17 NSDs in a row: 1 / 5
    I started my debtfree journey on 07 September 2017: Total: £20,521 £19847
    Barclaycard: £14659 £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : £3112 £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: 350 £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
    • Jellybean88
    • By Jellybean88 2nd Oct 17, 7:13 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 89 Thanks
    Jellybean88
    Day two check in!!

Hey, i hope everyone is keeping well?

NSD for me. Yay!

My bf did pay for lunch yesterday (yes)!! Oh and I got 4 lush bath bombs from my bfs friend and his partner today as a thank you present, as they stayed at mine.

I'm currently babysitting for a friend, she pays me so that's a lil extra for the kitty, well it's going straight towards the debt. I do this twice a week .

My exercise for today is work lol. I work in a cattery so it's very physical, I've only been in the job for about a month, it's very tiring. I go to the gym twice a week and didn't think I was this unfit ����. The positive is I'm practically outside most of the day ❤️❤️

I took lunch into work, really need to start meal prepping again as I follow a plan at the gym, but I've been eating a lot of junk recently. Ops.
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 2nd Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 1,989 Posts
    • 18,848 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 2
    Achieved another NSD - 2/20.
    Brought my own lunch in today to work.
    Walked about 25 minutes today. Had to drop off repeat prescriptions to GP on way home. Missed a bus and there was a 15 minute wait, so walked to another bus stop further on to get another bus home.
    Grateful for:
    Getting home at a reasonable time, considering had to go to GP surgery.
    Having a chilled out evening at home.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Organise October NSD 15/20 Food/household budge £105.69/£150
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 2nd Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 6,424 Posts
    • 46,866 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Sazzle - having to buy medicines doesn't lose you an NSD. But buying a kinder egg definitely does! Hope your little one improves quickly.

Got myself my 2nd NSD -it makes me feel better to get some right at the start of the month.

Today I am grateful for having the energy to do sooooo much running around at work, for mild weather, for the wind (I love walking in the wind), for lovely colleagues, for getting my head's little nod of approval at something I did , for an easy tea, for having the energy to sort out my food for tomorrow (school run>counsellor>school trip with dd's class, no breaks), for the enthusiasm my y9s produced when biscuits were to be gained for their work, for egg + salad cream sandwiches.
    NST Organise October #10; NSD 12/20; Ex 6/20; craft 6/31 (212); remove 514
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3320/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £23,689 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Scrimps
    • By Scrimps 2nd Oct 17, 7:57 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Scrimps
    New joiner
    I know Im a bit late but could I join please. I saw last months and like the all in one/holistic challenge. Ive been away for a couple of days so couldnt log in before. I tried quoting but couldnt get it to work properly. Update below:

-Organise: Ive just done a massive shop and the cupboards are full. The cats have plenty of food and I have no need for toiletries etc for a couple of months. My main task this month is to finish decorating and get the baby room ready as we're expecting our first on Dec 9th - part of this is winter prepping as the decorating is following insulation works.

-Regular: My budget has been set on YNAB. £200 for food, this month I really want to stick to it, we dont usually. £75 for fuel, we walk and cycle to work so this is just for beach trips around cornwall so this should be plenty! Possibly for a trip up to visit family also - 200 mile trip

-Get ready for winter: I have already started this with all the insulation works on the house, now I need to finish the decorating afterwards. Getting ready for winter for me is having this done and a very stocked cupboard (food, cat food, toiletries and cleaning) prepped for when the baby arrives. Also need new wipers on the car.

-Always be kind: I shall try to remember this. Not just with words but thoughts also. Im particularly irritable at the moment and I dwell on the things that irritate me.

NSD: Im going for 20. DH can spend as he does (he is naturally a non spender) the only limit I have set him is no more than 2 supermarket trips per week, he needs to plan his meals (he makes my meals but is fairly new non meat or dairy eater himself and is struggling to plan meals resulting in multiple trips) so the NSD is just for me.

Improvise: not buying something new for the baby room and using what we have avilable already - shelving etc. Not sure yet

Stoptober: Obsessively looking at ynab and the mortgage overpayment calculator. Ive set the budget, I dont need to keep staring at it. Ive already given up cigs and alcohol due to being pregnant but the obsessive budget fiddling is getting silly!

Exercise: Im counting my 1.5 mile walk to work for this but thinking about it im only going in 3 days a week in Oct so will and yoga to this also. I wanted to do this every day but 4 days a week would be good, it really helps with my stress levels also.

Christmas:
    Nope. We dont go big into christmas at all so this is not an issue until November. However, if I can get a thoughtful birthday gift sent to my mum IN TIME FOR HER BIRTHDAY that would be a big win and a first or a good number of years!

Banned: agreed! I do budget for this but no need to spend money on lunch and chocs at work and spend quite a lot. This is banned this month.

Extra Income. One poll survey to be checked every day. I would like to ebay my Garmin triathlon bundle which is worth a couple of hundred also.

Report in daily. I cant see a reason why not but often dont so will make best efforts.

Nothing to report on the NSDS as yet as have got back from a spendy trip away and am getting my haircut tomorrow so that will be paid for but I absolutely will do it!
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 2nd Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Day 2
    NSDs 1/15
    Exercise Cycled 1/10 (Saved me around £3 on fuel and parking)
    10k steps 1/22
    Food budget £4.22/100
    Extra Income £50/£150 received broadband cashback
    Debt 14/10/17/20/9/17 5395.16/5690.50 = Loan: 2065.32/2207.38 Car Loan: 2292.94/2419.64 0% CC: 1036.90/1063.48 DFD April 19 (Target Dec 18).
    • misstara
    • By misstara 2nd Oct 17, 8:18 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 16,707 Thanks
    misstara
    Organise - Stovies made from leftover roast beef from last night. Will be out all day tomorrow so prepped tea to take with me, made egg mayo and will take a tattie to quickly microwave. I'll need to get a bus ticket tomorrow so will make up a wee list of anything we need since it won't be a NSD anyway.

Budget - £37.10/£150 food, £0/£20 social

NSDs - 2/20 today

Stoptober - fail on no junk food snacking, chocolate and dolly mixtures today

Exercise - over 19,000 steps achieved plus went to the gym after work

Extra income - just away to go and check my emails for surveys, have picked up a shift with 2nd job for tomorrow
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1414.77 (38.6% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 4/8, Gym 1/4. Groceries target £139.97/£150. NSD target 12/20.
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 2nd Oct 17, 8:42 PM
    • 6,424 Posts
    • 46,866 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Misstara - I don't count my bus travel as spends. I use my oyster, but don't count the top-ups, in the same way that the turtles don't count petrol spends as breaking an NSD. So you may be able to save your spending for another day?

Scrimps - are you a non meat and dairy eater, and dh has started eating that way? Or is he the non meat and dairy eater? Just wondering, as you confessed to buying chocolate at work...

DebtFreeDuo - you cycled and did over 10k steps. Wow.
    NST Organise October #10; NSD 12/20; Ex 6/20; craft 6/31 (212); remove 514
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3320/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £23,689 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 2nd Oct 17, 8:57 PM
    • 222 Posts
    • 1,013 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    I did apple muncher, I cycled about 11 miles I think, somewhere between 5/6 miles each way, I really must eat properly though as I always have to stop due to feeling a bit dizzy and I know this is because I haven't eaten properly. I don't know if my Fitbit counts any of my cycling as steps though, I will test this out next time I cycle in to uni.
    • mummylewis
    • By mummylewis 2nd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    mummylewis
    Hello everyone! Been pretty busy with work so didn't get a chance to check in yesterday.

So 1st Oct was a SFD. Very happy to start as I mean to go on!

Today was spendy but all in budget. £40 on petrol, was running on fumes! £92 food shopping. Been running down the cupboards so needed a fair bit of stuff.

No purchased drinks or lunches. No extra exercise either but I have a lot of stairs at work so I'm counting it as decent days anyway haha.

I did spend £60/£100 of the Christmas budget too. It's likely that'll be it for at least a couple of weeks.

Hoping for 2/20 SFD tomorrow
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
    • Scrimps
    • By Scrimps 2nd Oct 17, 9:24 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 731 Thanks
    Scrimps
    Hi applemuncher. I eat meat and dairy etc but my husband doesn't. As the person in charge of most of the cooking, he does the batch cooking of my meals but we haven't got on top of batch cooking the no meat/dairy meals for him as much as we would like, still learning. He doesn't go hungry, but often there isn't much to put together as a satisfying meal that he hasn't alreadt eaten 3-4 times that week so he ends up popping to the supermarket again and again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,033Posts Today

6,600Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin