Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 2,181Posts
    • 22,315Thanks
    mothernerd
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER
    • 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER 28th Sep 17 at 9:46 PM
    Ninja Savings Turtles ORGANISE OCTOBER

Several people have indicted that circumstances dictate the continuation of September's Super Scrimpers regime and the tough line instituted by Ninja Savings Kat in her challenges (see NSK).

Austerity October? Austerity with a twist because although the turtle way is difficult we always aim to have some fun along the way, provide the odd inspirational quote, offer help and advice, sympathise when things go wrong and celebrate our successes. Remember No Turtle Gets Left Behind.

Commit to the challenge, follow the rules to the best of your ability. The rules are all tools that will help you on your debt free journey, the more tools you utilise, the more you will save but if you are new, it can take a while to get up to speed with them all. Don't worry.

The Truth is out There
    Question Everything
    Be Stronger Than Your Excuses

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards.

Regular budget items should be set by 3rd October at the latest (extra time allowed because this is being posted later than usual). If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? Can you make a percentage cut to one of your budget items - 3% to 10% you decide. Most importantly, Pay To Your Debt Or savings First, Live off What Is Left.

Get Ready for Winter. Checklist in separate post. You decide how and when to implement it.

ALWAYS Be Kind

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). You will not lose an NSD for petrol included in petrol budget, medical expenses (you don't choose when to be ill but stocking up would be cheaper), yellow sticker purchases only (no additional full price items). For regular activites where fees are paid weekly (children's clubs, window cleaner) you can set aside the money for the month on a spend day and avoid losing a spend day each week.

Special exemption for the turtle who's family drink milk by the bucketload. Any requests for special exemptions will be considered (some turtles manage their money in other ways)

IMPROVISE. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Looking forward to reading your stories on this one (not if they invlove sending OH to work in your pants).

STOPTOBER Are you participating? Have you any bad habits to curb or a good one to implement or re-instate.

EXERCISE Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible.

ONE MORE TIME It is never too late for a second chance. Some of us set goals in January. last month thrifty asked us to look at where we wanted to be, why we weren't there and what was going wrong. Now you need to put in the small steps that will lead to your goal. If you have fallen off the path, start again - just because you can't do it all, doesn't mean you can't do any. New starters may like to set some goals for the next 3 months.

CHRISTMAS Sorry we do have to talk about it. If you love it and have been planning and saving all year, enjoy yourself.
    But let us think about cutting back.
    You still have time to have the 'no present pact' talk (token presents/ children only) or talk your work colleagues or other groups into only giving one card to the whole group with savings possibly going to charity.

You still have time to make presents but may need to buy materials (may be more time for edible gifts). Involve children in making gifts particularly for grand-parents and teachers. Encourage them to have a toy clear out and pass on any that are no longer wanted to younger family memebrs or charity (or sell to make a few pennies).

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas
    If the works annual do is a chore (and an expensive one) opt out. Say you aren't going.
    Some people have lovely families and love to gather together. Most of us have the odd awkward relative and some would try the patience of a saint. Don't let others take you for granted and don't feel obliged to welcome all and sundry.
    If Christmas is a difficult time for you, take time out if you need it, treat yourself kindly .

THE Challenge will run from 00.00 on 1st October until 00.00 on 31st October.

ODD - This month's inspiration is going to be slightly off the wall. Looking forward to how many of you can follow where others boldly go

BANNED Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. exemption for turtls who budget for this from personal/ social spending or who have nowhere else to meet a friend. Dispensation for support for sick friends.

EXTRA INCOME Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs (Bunny tales - and tails - always welcome).

REPORT in, daily if possible (I know some people have access problems). Sometimes people slink off if they have strayed but you will not feel better until you tell your fellow turtles about it. BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES.

Last edited by mothernerd; 29-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £34/£100 Travel £4.30/£50 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£60 Xmas £24.75/£60 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 387/2017
Page 19
    • greent
    • By greent 11th Oct 17, 3:30 PM
    • 6,504 Posts
    • 65,597 Thanks
    greent
    Early check in. DS3 has gone off on school residential trip until Fri so I'm liking the fact that I'm not currently on a school run in the rain!

Today:
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - Breakfast= YS crumpets from freezer. Lunch = 2 part bake rolls left from weekend with last of the pate from Saturday. Dinner - something from freezer/ fridge. Only have myself and DS2 to feed tonight - he'll probably want his standard post-rugby dinner of fishfingers, which I don't personally want! DS1 is eating at school (staying on to help at an evening event) and OH is working away.

Pay debts/ savings - £150 paid to 0% CC. £315 transferred to kitchen savings fund

Budgets
    * Food - 126.84/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 60/60
    * Clothes 21/75
    * Gifts 58.91/150
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 70.50/200 (stretch 150)

NSD - 7/12 Had to pay for a RM survey postal item (£3.40) - but received £4 in vouchers to more-than cover it

Improvise -

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 3/4
    * Week 2 - 1/4 - slightly stymied myself on this atm - turned my ankle over yesterday afternoon and it is stiff and sore today with little flexibility. Hurt enough that it woke me in the night

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way"
    Debt at start of year more than halved.
    Weight/ fitness = 2/20lb

Extra income -50 y0ug0v points + £16.38 cashback claimed in Amaz0n vouchers

Christmas -

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins taken today so 8/31
    4 - Maintenance - seeing kitchen designer again here on Monday.
    Contact I had for plumbing co wasn't really a plumbing co, so they're not interested - back to square 1
    Electrician - still to do
    Plasterer - still to do

Gratitudes:
    * DS3 being excited about his school residential trip
    * Being able to wave DS3 off on his trip (was at work for DS2's residential in June)
    * TIVO box - have just really started to use ours more
    * Getting a load of ironing done whilst watching recorded programmes
    * Cuddles with g-pig
    * Not doing a rainy afternoon school run
    Last edited by greent; 11-10-2017 at 6:59 PM.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £5278/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1259.72/£500 PAYDOX17 £12239/£10k Decluttered 1870/2017 items
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 11th Oct 17, 4:16 PM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 22,315 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Recently got in from crafts. I'm on the bed and don't intend to move unless I have to. Very tired but back is nagging so not doing anything until the painkillers kick in. Small food spend, small crafty spend (coming out of diy).

Was worried that I couln't find some things but had left some of them at crafts last week. Have done two mini tidies since weekend and 'stuff ' is nearly under control. Have committed myself to finishing off a project (may have given my whole weekend away) but it will be good to have it completed and out of the house.

Already have a lot of 'ideas' for Christmas (for me, for the business, for fundraising and a lot of stencils to cut for crafts) but wisely not mentioning them to people as some will not get done (or even started) for this Christmas. I always underestimate how long things will take . I prefer complicated designs which takes time too. When doing simple things with blocks of a single colour you can power through them especially if you don't need to refer to the pattern.

I have comments written down (earlier tidy may mean they are in the middle of a stack of notebooks) but will be back later.
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £34/£100 Travel £4.30/£50 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£60 Xmas £24.75/£60 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 387/2017
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 11th Oct 17, 4:39 PM
    • 700 Posts
    • 9,617 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    The weather was truly awful today so I stayed in by myself and got lots off the to do list. The washing and ironong mountain has gone and all the meals have come from the freezer. Tomorrow's should as well. I've had to clear the bathroom and cupboard under the sink as we're having yet another gas check tomorrow following the insulation work. At least I can declutter before it all goes back.

ORGANIZE: Have tidied all my clothes drawers.

GET READY FOR WINTER: Found the candles which were under sink but I think we could do with a few more just in case. Definitely need matches.

Check the torches are working
    Look out winter hat, scarf, gloves and boots
    Look out tracks for covering shoes for walking in icy weather
    Council are responsible for gritting path and lane but might buy some salt anyway.
    ALWAYS BE KIND: C is out with his friends today so hopefully he'll have a good time and be cheerful when he comes in. The boy has gone to work feeling rubbish. Better be extra nice to him.

NSD: 1/12. A NSD at last

IMPROVISE: Always try to do this. I have a partner who can’t stand waste.

STOPTOBER: Been good today and have organised my medication so it's all close at hand. No excuse

EXERCISE: Didn't go out because of awful weather. Pouring rain and winds. Just wouldn't have been comfortable to walk in.

ONE MORE TIME: See Stoptober.

CHRISTMAS: Just thinking. Anyone got any ideas for a small token present for a man who has diabetes and, therefore, doesn't eat chocolate or drink? Doesn't really read. Likes technology and travelling.

EXTRA INCOME: Did one survey. Well that's two in two days. Things are looking up.

Mummylewis - !“Just donated 6 big bags of baby clothes to the local women's shelter who needed it.” - That is so incredibly kind. I bet they were delighted.

Mothernerd – Hope you feel better soon. I just don't know how you manage to fit so much into your day.
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 11th Oct 17, 5:01 PM
    • 1,098 Posts
    • 14,478 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Hi. Epic fail on the checking in front. Life has gone from manic to INSANE.

Anyone on here know Truro. DH has a job for six months starting in April. Could he have picked somewhere more difficult to get to from Glasgow if he tried?

So I am probably facing six months of living at the opposite end of the country. Unless I up sticks and move with him.

Anyway. October.

Food - barely any of food budget spent, because last week I was living on Pizza and Chocolate and that comes under FAT food and my personal budget which has now been wiped out for the month.

Leftovers - doing well freezer diving for feeding DH, and me for the past couple of days.

I did my first ever teaching session yesterday. Scary. It felt awful and as though I was unprepared and unprofessional. I’m doing the next instalment tomorrow. The proof will be in the results I suppose - the new process should deliver by the end of this month.

At that point I’ll probably get a better idea of whether they will extend my contract. At the moment I finish on 26th December. Between now and then my colleague is going to Pakistan to get married and I will be doing his work on top of mine. Part time my ar**.

Off to counselling now. I didn’t go last week - too exhausted. I spent two days working from home writing the presentations. I couldn’t face going out. Thank goodness for remote working.

Today I went to the gym for the first time since last Monday. I feel a thousand times better.

Sorry to brain dump and run. I will try and get back on tomorrow.
    *** Debt Free***
    NST October 1/18
    Goals - Weight loss 0/13lb from 1st Jul 17
    GC To 1/10/17 £2416.17£3,500, 69.03/74.79% of the year. Had to raise budget
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 11th Oct 17, 5:02 PM
    • 9,287 Posts
    • 45,058 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I was heading for a no Spend day until Dgd dropped her new (4th) iPhone and cracked the screen! So I ordered a cover on Amazon without thinking!
    Doh! I should have waited until tomorrow when I will need a few bits and pieces!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 11th Oct 17, 5:44 PM
    • 6,630 Posts
    • 48,635 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Hi !

I might have to take off my NSD, put 2 pounds towards some xmas presents I had amazon vouchers for from my xmas budget. Not sure how that works if it is pre budgeted? xx
    Originally posted by laurenh1
    If it was only vouchers that you used, then it would be an NSD. But as you topped it up, 'fraid you lose the NSD. Pre-budgetted or not, it still counts as a spend.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 4/15; Ex 2/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove /31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Scrimps
    • By Scrimps 11th Oct 17, 6:16 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    Scrimps
    number 36
    Organise: all ongoing with the decorating still. got sanding to do tonight, then will be more filling. Then I should be able to put up the last few bits on wallpaper tomorrow then paint on friday and possibly again on saturday morning. If I could be finished by my 'active birth workshop' on saturday afternoon I would be very very happy as I can just focus on pregnancy/birth from now on and start enjoying it all a bit more. May have to aim for just finishing by sunday night.

-Regular: 142/200 no change

-Get ready for winter: no change today

-Always be kind: think I covered this today

NSD: today was a NSD - 4/20.

Stoptober: The budget fiddling is starting to creep back in. I was feeling quite uneasy about the amount that I have spent on decorating and house renovation last night.I did some financial forecasting, we're still fine, could be further ahead, but we're fine. Im thinking that after years of paying off debt etc, pulling extra shifts, scraping bits together to make an extra payment etc - worrying about money has just become a habit that is difficult to break so I constantly look at YNAB for reassurance. Note to self - I dont need to, leave it alone!

Exercise: Walked to and from work. will do some yoga after decorating tonight

Banned: stuck to this. I was very tempted but fortunately someone offered me a biscuit before I cracked

Extra Income: earned 60 or so on onepoll

missed 2 days of logging in so far this month.

Hope you are all getting on OK
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 11th Oct 17, 6:31 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 4,293 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Yesterday was spendy as had to get some more e-liquid to help stoptober. Since my blip at the weekend everything has gone well. That was my only spend though and I did take lunch to work. Tom made a curry for dinner so I ate well.

Today has been a NSD so I'm at day 4/15. Thursday and Friday will also be NSD too. I have plans on Saturday so will try to ensure all spends occur on Saturday.

I've had a good day at work today and I'm thankful for the quick and easy meal I've chucked into the feeezer today for dinner - pizza, chips and baked beans. But of a yellow dinner but never mind!!
    December grocery challenge £129.31/£250 | December NSD 2/15
    Credit Card 1: £145 (0%) | Credit Card 2: £2,256.06 (0%) | Credit Card 3: £787.60 (0%) Car Finance: £8,053 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,363 (3.99% APR)
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 11th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 2,060 Posts
    • 19,529 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 11
    Achieved another NSD - 9/20.
    Brought lunch into work and walked 20 minutes.
    Read my book on bus and in staffroom.
    Used up all of the orange juice.
    Used food etc already in.
    Grateful for:
    Seeing the autumn leaves whilst coming home on the bus(already read some of my book).
    Finding time to chill out this evening.
    Having an easy dinner tonight.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    NST December: Debt Destruction December NSD 4/15 Food/household budget £32.55/£150
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 11th Oct 17, 7:54 PM
    • 6,630 Posts
    • 48,635 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for being able to watch dd's class assembly, for easy buses, for friendly colleagues, for time with dd, for a good book, for batch-cooked chili, for dd doing her catch-up homework without complaining, for headspace, for a chat with dh about money.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 4/15; Ex 2/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove /31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 11th Oct 17, 8:40 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 866 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Today was a NSD, yesterday did my grocery shop. Managed to pick up some offers on things I had run out of so thrilled with that.

Getting a bit twitchy about how little cash I have to hand this month. Want to clear my credit card but if I do that things are short til payday. Really don't want to have to pay interest on it (it's my usual spending card that I clear each month rather than a 0% card) and looking at YNAB paying it would make the rest of the month tight but doable. Think I might just need to suck it up, pay it and then I have no choice but to be strictly frugal for the rest of the month. Think I have covered all the house move expenses so fingers crossed there will be no unexpected expense for the next two weeks.

Today I am grateful for a lovely catch up chat with a friend of mine who is struggling with similar work issues. Good to have a rant to someone who gets it so didn't have to unload on non work friends. Also for a good gym session, know I will pay for it tomorrow but was good to get back to it, now just to keep the motivation up!!
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 11th Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 22,315 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Sorry turtles, will have to be tomorrow. Back is now fine, thanks for good wishes. Managed something with the pillows that supported it and 'pushed' it back into a better shape - it's sitting on a chair in the same position for too long and there were no pills in my bag when it started. At home I always alternate sitting and standing jobs and even when tidying last week I had a chair and the edge of the bed and sitting on the bed with my legs stretched out - different heights and changing the relationship between different bits of my legs and lower body.

Will stop boring you with trivia. I have had a nap but very sleepy (probably pills that's why I try not to let it get this bad). Will read my book until I fall asleep again and if I wake at 4am (wide awake at 4am seems to be the norm atm) I will continue with the tidying. Earlier sort should make it easier. The sooner I am sorted the more progress i will make.

Today I am glad of crafting banter (I had resolved to be kind and helpful to the person who was annoying me last week. Very low attendance and she had 2 of us 'helping' her/ following orders and when someone else arrived she was thinking what they could do for her (we need to hide/lose the loom bands next week). A final member turned up and they went out for a smoke (that's when the banter really took off). Grateful to the receptionist for photocopying (twice as it was double sided and then some parts needed to be enlarged) and grateful that some people appreciated the bits I had finished off for them, things I had found to use in their projects and the things I had prepared in advance.
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 11th Oct 17, 9:41 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Sorry about your back Mother!

Failed my NSD but did get 89pounds worth of shopping for 2 quid so im chuffed none the less. Try again tomorrow to get my 8th.

Put my name down to get a place in the great north run , Great motivation to get fit if i do get a place! Fingers crossed.

Hope you guys have had a lovely day xx
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 11th Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 6,196 Thanks
    ilovetea
    Hugs to all that have aches and pains. I blame it on the weather.
    We have flood warnings up here,so if you are coming up north ,be careful/
    Check in 10/31.
    NSD number 8, Tesc* order came in at £41.72. Sounds a lot bt shouldn't need anything apart from bread for a while.
    Up tp date wth all surveys. Good to see an empty in box. (that's sounds rather strange).
    Nothing else on eb*y yet. Must shake myself up a bit

ilovetea xx
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,511.20
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 11th Oct 17, 11:15 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    bizzie
    FurryBeastOz Truro to Glasgow about 11 hours on the train straight through! Can be busy in tourist season, especially when it's not beach weather, but good mix of facilities.

Report #11/31 & NSD #6
    Groceries 168.48/400 Personal Spends ....../100
    NST December #29 NSD 5/15 @ 10/12/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 12th Oct 17, 12:08 AM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 24,390 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 6 checking in
    Hi all

An NSD today so 7/15

Organise: Had to go on cellar duty as electrician friend is coming tomorrow....hope to get him to fix lights. Cleared out other corner full of wet debris, then rigged up a bit of a light & swept the floor. 4 more bags/crates of rubbish removed. Also removed perished pipe insulation & replaced with new stuff bought goodness knows when....Cellar is sort of L shaped & back half has Christmas stuff stored. Not food, decs & other stuff but all in proper plastic containers, so no damage. Lots of good things in there, which I'd forgotten about.....no need to buy more!

Lunch: from stores, final bit of HM soup & cheese toastie

Supper was (ginger) diet coke (!) chicken with egg fried rice. Used a HG red pepper plus lots of others that were going over..Plus a bag of (probably) Thai crackers bought from Cut Price Barrys at 20 bags for £1.

Food budget: £175.89/250 No spends today

Be kind: Hopefully was at home. Do try with this..although patience not my virtue..

One more time: Yep on SW again , did ok till late on then ate a few more things than I should

Extra Income: A few small bids on my eBay items..& a few more nectar points from the paper.

Christmas: More making sock no 2, found several bags of stuff in spare room that will come in very handy, including several Advent calendar candles that will make nice gifts, hope they don't notice if they have the wrong year on... Briefly ventured into Christmas cupboard, soon retreated, but not before I found a few wax melts that are autumnal.

Exercise: Not as such, just up & down cellar steps

Heating: still off

Grateful for: already having bought friend birthday present as she is coming round tomorrow (will be away for her birthday)

Lovely colours in garden with mild & sunny weather - up to lunchtime

Heated duvet - always, what an invention..

Mothernerd Sorry to hear you are not so chipper, look after yourself
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 12th Oct 17, 4:51 AM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 22,315 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Day Twelve Inspiration
    We all lose our way at least once. Life is testing to see who can find their way back.

A human's natural sleeep pattern is about 4 hours sleep, then 2 hours of being awake, followed by another 4 hours sleep. (I'm not weird, well I am but maybe not so much).
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 12th Oct 17, 5:52 AM
    • 6,604 Posts
    • 38,085 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Morning just a quick check in for Tues and yesterday

am now up to 5/15 SFDs today and tomorrow should be SF as well - barring any emergencies

yesterday wasn't a SFD as nipped to SM and picked up a couple of bits forgotten when I went shopping on Sunday GC now £74.89/£160. I think I'm on track for this to come well under again (and £160 is my stretch target as we actually put aside £180 pcm for food )

I was looking for a ready meal fish I purchased on Sunday and could not find it anywhere in the freezer both me and oh looked thoroughly through both freezers and it's not there! What I did discover is I have a serious food hoarding problem! I commit to over the next month clearing it all out.

personal spends now £71.03/£150 - which given I've got 2 weeks of half term is not looking so healthy!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £287.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2982.2/Roadkill £8.63
    SFDs Oct 13/15 CC saved £2372.50
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 12th Oct 17, 7:17 AM
    • 261 Posts
    • 2,228 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Morming all
    Just checking in.

Today is NSD #8. At my parents thos wkend but hoping to keep my spending tp a minimum and get to ten by the end of the week.

Going to write out a meal plan & shopping list at some point using what we already have in.

Expecting another call with tax free child care today to discuss the cash they owe, will add to savings if i ever see it.

Have a good day folks
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 12th Oct 17, 7:24 AM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 8,029 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Yesterday was not a NSD, I thought 4kg of dry filler would be enough. Apparently not. Less than £5 spend. The walls are looking better though.

All food from stores

No other spends
    MFW START DATE May 16 £118,340 :
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    December 17 £108,800
    NEXT GOAL is sub £105k
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

368Posts Today

1,850Users online

Martin's Twitter