Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 2,112Posts
    • 21,587Thanks
    mothernerd
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER
    • 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER 28th Sep 17 at 9:46 PM
    Ninja Savings Turtles ORGANISE OCTOBER

Several people have indicted that circumstances dictate the continuation of September's Super Scrimpers regime and the tough line instituted by Ninja Savings Kat in her challenges (see NSK).

Austerity October? Austerity with a twist because although the turtle way is difficult we always aim to have some fun along the way, provide the odd inspirational quote, offer help and advice, sympathise when things go wrong and celebrate our successes. Remember No Turtle Gets Left Behind.

Commit to the challenge, follow the rules to the best of your ability. The rules are all tools that will help you on your debt free journey, the more tools you utilise, the more you will save but if you are new, it can take a while to get up to speed with them all. Don't worry.

The Truth is out There
    Question Everything
    Be Stronger Than Your Excuses

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards.

Regular budget items should be set by 3rd October at the latest (extra time allowed because this is being posted later than usual). If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? Can you make a percentage cut to one of your budget items - 3% to 10% you decide. Most importantly, Pay To Your Debt Or savings First, Live off What Is Left.

Get Ready for Winter. Checklist in separate post. You decide how and when to implement it.

ALWAYS Be Kind

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). You will not lose an NSD for petrol included in petrol budget, medical expenses (you don't choose when to be ill but stocking up would be cheaper), yellow sticker purchases only (no additional full price items). For regular activites where fees are paid weekly (children's clubs, window cleaner) you can set aside the money for the month on a spend day and avoid losing a spend day each week.

Special exemption for the turtle who's family drink milk by the bucketload. Any requests for special exemptions will be considered (some turtles manage their money in other ways)

IMPROVISE. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Looking forward to reading your stories on this one (not if they invlove sending OH to work in your pants).

STOPTOBER Are you participating? Have you any bad habits to curb or a good one to implement or re-instate.

EXERCISE Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible.

ONE MORE TIME It is never too late for a second chance. Some of us set goals in January. last month thrifty asked us to look at where we wanted to be, why we weren't there and what was going wrong. Now you need to put in the small steps that will lead to your goal. If you have fallen off the path, start again - just because you can't do it all, doesn't mean you can't do any. New starters may like to set some goals for the next 3 months.

CHRISTMAS Sorry we do have to talk about it. If you love it and have been planning and saving all year, enjoy yourself.
    But let us think about cutting back.
    You still have time to have the 'no present pact' talk (token presents/ children only) or talk your work colleagues or other groups into only giving one card to the whole group with savings possibly going to charity.

You still have time to make presents but may need to buy materials (may be more time for edible gifts). Involve children in making gifts particularly for grand-parents and teachers. Encourage them to have a toy clear out and pass on any that are no longer wanted to younger family memebrs or charity (or sell to make a few pennies).

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas
    If the works annual do is a chore (and an expensive one) opt out. Say you aren't going.
    Some people have lovely families and love to gather together. Most of us have the odd awkward relative and some would try the patience of a saint. Don't let others take you for granted and don't feel obliged to welcome all and sundry.
    If Christmas is a difficult time for you, take time out if you need it, treat yourself kindly .

THE Challenge will run from 00.00 on 1st October until 00.00 on 31st October.

ODD - This month's inspiration is going to be slightly off the wall. Looking forward to how many of you can follow where others boldly go

BANNED Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. exemption for turtls who budget for this from personal/ social spending or who have nowhere else to meet a friend. Dispensation for support for sick friends.

EXTRA INCOME Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs (Bunny tales - and tails - always welcome).

REPORT in, daily if possible (I know some people have access problems). Sometimes people slink off if they have strayed but you will not feel better until you tell your fellow turtles about it. BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES.

Last edited by mothernerd; 29-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Oct #1 SFD 9/20 Food £61.25/ £100 Travel £3/10 DIY £7/30 Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
Page 11
    • greent
    • By greent 5th Oct 17, 4:12 PM
    • 6,300 Posts
    • 63,837 Thanks
    greent
    Day 5 Check In :)
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - All food from stores - dinner tonight for OH & myself is YS duck with pancakes - nom nom nom Didn't eat lunch - popped up to Tesc0 for spring onions for dinner, bumped into a friend there and chatted for 20 mins and then bumped into OH's cousin outside and spent 2.5hrs chatting!

Pay debts/ savings - nothing today

Budgets
    * Food - 30.14/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 60/60 - car has been filled right up. Should last halfway into Nov, fingers crossed..
    * Clothes 0/75
    * Gifts 12/150
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 0/200 (stretch 150)

NSD - 4/12 Counting today as spring onions were YS, as were the other 2 bits I picked up - and even the gift I bought in Tesco was RTC

Improvise -

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 2/4

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way"
    Debt at start of year more than halved.
    Weight/ fitness = Still need to weigh myself again

Extra income - Not really - although did get new home contents/ buildings cover @ £85 cheaper than renewal price (with slightly improved cover) - and hopefully £80 cashback through tcb too!

Christmas - one tiny part of a gift bought today

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins not yet taken today so still 4/31
    4 - Maintenance - need to contact plasterer & electrician by 10/10. (Have mentioned it to electrician's wife - mum at school - but need to do it properly) OH has messaged plumber we used for bathrooms before - fingers crossed he still has the same email.....
    Have messaged plasterer (03/10) - no reply as yet and I phoned plumber (03/10)- no longer trading so now need to find a plumber....

Gratitudes:
    * fab chat with OH's cousin - really enjoyable!
    * sunny weather = line dried washing
    * OH is back tonight
    * yummy YS duck
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) Bal 01/09 £124616 01/10 £104927 01/11 £89873 01/12 £76317 01/13 £52546 01/14 £35356 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Next: BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786. 2017 OPs (#18) £4607/£3286
    Net sales 2017 £1202.80/£500 PAYDOX17 £11635/£10k Decluttered 1650/2017 items
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 5th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    laurenh1
    sounds like everyone is doing really well.

I Found out today that I am due a little refund off something (53 pounds) so I shall stick that in savings when it is through. I have a little bit of money not budgeted for through selling some of my boys toys, so I am going to put that towards a fun day out towards the end of the month...

Mac and cheese for my boys for tea tomorrow, nice and cheap. Must must do a meal plan this weekend for the week ahead
    • DawnW
    • By DawnW 5th Oct 17, 7:02 PM
    • 4,550 Posts
    • 34,864 Thanks
    DawnW
    Day 5:
    Managed another NSD, updated signature
    Using food we already have in
    Didn't manage much in the way of exercise today, as I had work to do - unless carting boxes up and down stairs and up and down the garden counts
    Did some housework though, and I can now see my dining room again
    Listed more things on ebay
    Did an online survey
    Grocery / household spends for October £248.28 / £160
    NSDs for October 6/15
    Grocery / household spends for September £200.15 / £160.00
    SFDs for September 8/18
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 5th Oct 17, 7:19 PM
    • 6,536 Posts
    • 37,540 Thanks
    determined new ms
    Day 5:

Didn't manage much in the way of exercise today, as I had work to do - unless carting boxes up and down stairs and up and down the garden counts
    Did some housework though, and I can now see my dining room again
    Did an online survey
    Originally posted by DawnW
    I think it totally counts! And also the HW. I much prefer exercising in line with my life - got to walk somewhere then power walk

SFD 2/15 although have only kicked the can down the road as need to get bread and milk tomorrow...

exercise wk 1 3/4 went for a walk in my lunch break

use it up - portion of curry out of freezer for tea. Oh will have ys pie out of the freezer too used recycled birthday bag for fil's gift

Be kind: opps didn't really register this. So apart from my usual kind self I haven't put much effort into this. I'll be especially kind when oh gets home Oh yes actually madam told a fib earlier and got upset and told me. I was very gentle on her, said I knew she had fibbed but I was very proud of her for telling the truth

time for self (still keeping this!) walk at lunch and have been doing some knitting. Will do more after madam goes to bed. Might also make some beeswax wraps

Organise: none. Might do a drawer after putting madam to bed

one more time: listening to audio book - one of my goals was to read more. Not going to get to target so am including audio books

extra income: none today but yesterday received email we will be getting 3% inflation payrise this month. Works out £25 for me - I earn a pittance! - but am including it for this month. did 85p on onepoll yesterday

Christmas I only have 3 more gifts to buy and make scones & shortbread. Still have to make slow gin and damson whiskey
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £287.33 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2982.2/Roadkill £8.63
    SFDs Oct 11/15 CC saved £2372.50
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 5th Oct 17, 7:22 PM
    • 6,422 Posts
    • 46,848 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Today I am grateful for lovely bus drivers, for the daily oyster cap meaning I could catch 7 buses for £4.50, for friendly work colleagues, for not getting wet today, for laughter with my y9 class, for hugs from dd, for dh getting a much needed restful day, for getting an appointment through that I wanted, for dhal, for my washing machine.
    NST Organise October #10; NSD 12/20; Ex 6/20; craft 6/31 (212); remove 514
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3320/£4050; 2
    017 sell 116

Mortgage £23,689 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Kerry Woman
    • By Kerry Woman 5th Oct 17, 7:25 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,832 Thanks
    Kerry Woman
    Day 5
    Managed another NSD - 5/20.
    Took my lunch into work and walked 20 minutes.
    Read my book on bus and in the staff room - before starting work and at lunchtime.
    Used food etc already in.
    Grateful for:
    The birds singing on a short way to and from work.(were in bushes/trees).
    Sitting opposite the window in staffroom and seeing the autumn leaves on a tree. Lovely colour.
    Getting a free tester of a sugar scrub from someone who I usually meet at the bus stop in the morning. Gave her information that I found out about craft fairs in local area.
    Getting quite a few done/completed in work.
    Had managed to get rid of some paperwork in work to different people. Tray nearly empty.
    Getting my 8 year badge of being part of the MSE forum.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2017
    Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
    Organise October NSD 15/20 Food/household budget £83.92/£150
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 5th Oct 17, 7:32 PM
    • 3,043 Posts
    • 25,092 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Productive afternoon/evening. Borrowec a bike from a friend for the race on Sun and cycled that home.

Did 2 surveys.

Chopped and froze some apples and the rest is stewing for Apfelmus (apple puree desert thing).

Today I'm incredibly grateful for healthy children.
    NST Oct 4
    SFD10/17 spends 574/480
    Exercise 10/17 Amazon vouchers for xmas £7
    Debt - all 0% 1656 to go from 5290 (68% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
    • Lauralozzle
    • By Lauralozzle 5th Oct 17, 7:48 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 4,084 Thanks
    Lauralozzle
    Sorry for the silence, I've fallen asleep on the sofa the last two nights so have not had time to update.

Both Tuesday and Wednesday were NSD. Im now on 3/15. Today has not been NSD as we've used the entertainment budget for takeaway as got home late.

I've brought lunch with me all week so no unnecessary spends on packed lunches. The heating is still not on but it is getting decidedly colder now and I'm not sure how long I can hold out!
    October grocery challenge £150.54/£200 | October cleaning budget £75.16/£75 | October NSD 8/15
    Credit Card: £220 (0%) | Car Finance: £8,240 (7.9% APR) | Mortgage: £111,684 (3.99% APR)
    Wedding Fund: £3,564.74
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 5th Oct 17, 7:49 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 992 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Day 5

Done a little better today although I did take the day off uni.

NSDs: 3/15 NSD today
    Exercise: Cycling - 1/12
    10k steps - 3/22 went for a walk today to try and clear my head and also hit my 10k
    Food: 15.58/100
    Extra Income: 61.84/150 finally got some extra income in the form of ebay and a voucher from surveys. Have also got around £6 from PA already! Very impressed so far.
    Debt 14/10/17/20/9/17 5395.16/5690.50 = Loan: 2065.32/2207.38 Car Loan: 2292.94/2419.64 0% CC: 1036.90/1063.48 DFD April 19 (Target Dec 18).
    Make up to £10 a day challenge: £110.51/£150..NSD October 12/15
    • Scrimps
    • By Scrimps 5th Oct 17, 7:52 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    Scrimps
    Scrimps - can you point me in the direction of easy vegan recipes please. My niece is vegan and it's her 21st later this month. I want to give her a nice notebook with some recipes hand-written in, super easy ones without a gazillion ingredients or too much prep. Ta muchly.
    Originally posted by apple muncher
    Im sorry I completely missed this post. Im very sorry, I cant help with recipes because I dont really do the cooking - my DH does most of the cooking and I dont eat vegan. Neither does he actually - he doesnt eat meat or dairy - he does eat fish and eggs. I try to make sure I dont reference him as a vegan but sometimes it slips out so sorry if I put that by mistake at some point.

Someone referred to Jack Monroe/ cooking on a bootstrap (in another post I have only just seen!)- I would second that for recipies without lots of ingredients but are still good. I look at it for myself but DH just cannot get on with beans or lentils - hence still eating fish. Eggs are considered OK because we get them from the farm and know the conditions the chickens that lay them are kept in etc.
    I find the Jamie Oliver site and BBC good food pretty good but you do sometimes have to trawl for meals with a short ingredients list - I often find some then just send them to DH, he then cooks them and remembers them The longer we're together the less cooking I seem to be doing...in my defense I do nearly everything else.
    • Scrimps
    • By Scrimps 5th Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    Scrimps
    Number 36
    -Organise:nothing - had my haircut after work so only just finished eating dinner and have sat down now.
    -Regular: Still £115/200.
    -Get ready for winter: Nil
    -Always be kind think I managed this, I was very kind the the newbie hairdresser/trainee who didnt know what she was doing
    NSD: 1/20 - went to hairdressers (£21 - I go to the college). Bought my mums pressie and a couple of greetings cards.
    Improvise: nothing yet
    Stoptober: Managed to not compulsively look at YNAB/mortgage overpayment calc again
    Exercise: 1.5 mile uphill walk to work
    Christmas: Present and card bought for mums bday, just need to remember to send it in time!!
    Banned: stuck to this today. Despite walking past the bakery who were selling everything cheap just before closing, with cash in my pocket and a very empty tummy!! (waited til after haircut and I got home and stuffed myself with 2 lots of choc spread on toast whilst waiting for dinner though)
    Extra Income. managed 2 onepoll surveys at lunchtime. They rarely seem to be suitable for me but at least got a couple done.
    • Shelbi
    • By Shelbi 5th Oct 17, 9:36 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 1,399 Thanks
    Shelbi
    day 5/31-

No NSD today, had Team lunch with work (pretty unavoidable) did get 50% off though...

Stoptober-No smoking - managed another day 3/31...

Exercise and Christmas- More work needed on both of these.

Grateful- Flowers from OH, sunshine, generally happy feeling kept all day...

Food- Nothing changed here haven't topped up yet budget still £62 odd remaining.

Improvise- nothing done here.

Extra income- nothing to add

Sx
    If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off & try again... Debt at 5th attempt
    1 debt vs 100days chpt27- £1056.76/£4603.46
    & cc £171.17/£5482.83 (offset £1500savings when mature-31/03/18)
    Organised October #5- NSD 6/16
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 5th Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 987 Posts
    • 7,099 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Need some kind of motivation to sort and tidy house ready for a friends visit next weekend!
    Originally posted by Tea&Kittens
    Argh! They are coming next weekend!!!!

That should sort it.
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    • f0xh0les
    • By f0xh0les 5th Oct 17, 10:08 PM
    • 987 Posts
    • 7,099 Thanks
    f0xh0les
    Still only on 1/15 NSDs

Ran out of laundry powder with a lot of muddy school trousers to be washed, so pretty necessary. Ended up doing 4 load today. Spent under £10 in Ald1

Exercise -Moved a lot of furniture - shunted a tumble dryer into the kitchen through three rooms- moved all the furniture back. Job done. Perversely I ache more now, sitting on the sofa, than I do after a session at the gym.

Be kind - fixed a photo frame of DS2s after he broke it having a tantrum.Did not read him the riot act. remained calm and told him he was being silly and when he was willing to act his age he could come and find me and talk about whatever it was he was protesting about. Tantrums are soooooooo boring.

More little annoying no spend jobs done, and a lot of stuff sorted for the CS pile. Broken storage boxes binned, Half empty storage boxes added to other half empty storage boxes. Put DHs camping stuff away. He has been back for 3 weeks and only emptied his car into the back room yesterday. All put away for him.
    (Also being kind, and not resentful - well, trying not to be resentful) Anyway I am glad it is all out of sight, and I know where it all is, and I am not falling over it every time I go into the kitchen. Yay!

More tomorrow, onwards!!
    Last edited by f0xh0les; 05-10-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: being a muppet
    MFW May 16 £118,340
    October 17 - £109,495.00
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 5th Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 2,112 Posts
    • 21,587 Thanks
    mothernerd
    apple I love your gratitude list but deny all responsibility for your knickers falling down.

DawnW well done on ebaying and surveys. Yes carrying boxes is exercise.

fruitloop04 so glad your sister is getting better.

misstara 21,000 steps, wow.

ilovetea thanks for the kind words. It only sounds like a lot because I have to keep concentrating on what I have done instead of the things that still need to be tackled.

sashanut children will get to your vulnerable points every time.

Bizzie one of our cat's could open the door by stretching and pulling the handle down.

laurenh1 glad you are enjoying turtle life.

Purplebonnie impressive total for extra income.

Chasing Sunshine good luck with your move.
    Last edited by mothernerd; 05-10-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    NST Oct #1 SFD 9/20 Food £61.25/ £100 Travel £3/10 DIY £7/30 Debt free and EF January 2016 No mortgage Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 5th Oct 17, 10:40 PM
    • 2,112 Posts
    • 21,587 Thanks
    mothernerd
    thrifty so glad hubby is finally getting on board.

moneysavingfamilycomp excellent planning for your holiday.

Tea&Kittens shove everything lying around into a large cardboard box and hide it, clean the decluttered house then when you have time, sort through the box.

greent impressive ys bargains.

determined new ms well deserved angel wings.

Kerry woman what a lovely day.

Lauralozzle I totally get the sleeping.

DebtFreeDuo well doen on the extra income.

Scrimps always hang on to a man who cooks (or is good with his hands).
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 5th Oct 17, 10:44 PM
    • 2,112 Posts
    • 21,587 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Shelbi feeling happy should never be underestimated.

f0xh0les angel wings for you too.
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 5th Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 5,937 Thanks
    ilovetea
    Quick post before bed time.
    Posted every day.
    5 NSD.
    Eaten up all the leftovers from Sunday. Have some salad stuff and some jacket sized pots to use,so that's tomorrows meal sorted.
    Managed to finish a knitted hedgehog I started before I went away,
    I was given a "dimond embroidery" kit. Nothing to do with diamonds and not embroidery! It's placing little gems on fabric.So relaxing.
    Will need some shopping soon but nothing urgent so making a list.Tissues and batteries at the moment.Allexciting stuff

ilovetea xx
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,044.21.
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 5th Oct 17, 11:47 PM
    • 2,530 Posts
    • 23,685 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 6 checking in
    Hi all!

Got up very late today, did not set alarm as no need...whoops! Do find it hard to get going if I overlay...

NSD today:3/15

Organise: Managed to get down cellar, spent about an hour. Astonished to uncover a plastic box hidden under all the other crud, which contained yet more items...mainly vinegars etc but all will come in useful..took second set of shelves down, carried outside & brushed clean. Now need to paint the wall where they stand, then they can go back..

All meals HM & from stores, lunch lentil bacon & tom soup & pasties, supper spatchcock chicken, potato salad, sweetcorn, rice & peas & green beans. Apple turnovers, dh final piece of his birthday cake

Food budget: £137.44 /250

Be kind: tried my best although patience not my virtue, especially when found DH left a tissue in trousers pocket & white bits all over DDs uniform...grr

One more time: Still sticking to SW

Extra Income: none so far

Christmas: still socking along for Christmas

Exercise: Up and down cellar steps with shelves, lots of crud thrown into bin. Lovely sunny day so cut all back garden grass, quite the job this is.

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Lovely sunny day

Happy animals running around outside

progress on clearing

DH taking DD to Asda so I didn't have to, therefore spent no money..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 5th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 1,048 Thanks
    bizzie
    Organise - Meal plan on schedule and using up food in fridge for lunches and dinner.
    NSD another one under my belt
    Stoptober - avoiding the snacks even the birthday chocolates someone bought into work
    Exercise - making the most of the dry parts of the day and walking

Christmas - started to give some thought to it and picked up the M&S food catalogue to get some ideas re food
    Extra Income - completed some surveys holding off cashing them in for as long as possible
    Report - achieved every day so far
    Groceries 334.46/400 Personal Spends 15.75/100
    NST October #11 NSDs 11/15 @20/10/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,070Posts Today

6,736Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin