Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    • 2,182Posts
    • 22,327Thanks
    mothernerd
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER
    • 28th Sep 17, 9:46 PM
    NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER 28th Sep 17 at 9:46 PM
    Ninja Savings Turtles ORGANISE OCTOBER

Several people have indicted that circumstances dictate the continuation of September's Super Scrimpers regime and the tough line instituted by Ninja Savings Kat in her challenges (see NSK).

Austerity October? Austerity with a twist because although the turtle way is difficult we always aim to have some fun along the way, provide the odd inspirational quote, offer help and advice, sympathise when things go wrong and celebrate our successes. Remember No Turtle Gets Left Behind.

Commit to the challenge, follow the rules to the best of your ability. The rules are all tools that will help you on your debt free journey, the more tools you utilise, the more you will save but if you are new, it can take a while to get up to speed with them all. Don't worry.

The Truth is out There
    Question Everything
    Be Stronger Than Your Excuses

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards.

Regular budget items should be set by 3rd October at the latest (extra time allowed because this is being posted later than usual). If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? Can you make a percentage cut to one of your budget items - 3% to 10% you decide. Most importantly, Pay To Your Debt Or savings First, Live off What Is Left.

Get Ready for Winter. Checklist in separate post. You decide how and when to implement it.

ALWAYS Be Kind

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). You will not lose an NSD for petrol included in petrol budget, medical expenses (you don't choose when to be ill but stocking up would be cheaper), yellow sticker purchases only (no additional full price items). For regular activites where fees are paid weekly (children's clubs, window cleaner) you can set aside the money for the month on a spend day and avoid losing a spend day each week.

Special exemption for the turtle who's family drink milk by the bucketload. Any requests for special exemptions will be considered (some turtles manage their money in other ways)

IMPROVISE. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Looking forward to reading your stories on this one (not if they invlove sending OH to work in your pants).

STOPTOBER Are you participating? Have you any bad habits to curb or a good one to implement or re-instate.

EXERCISE Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible.

ONE MORE TIME It is never too late for a second chance. Some of us set goals in January. last month thrifty asked us to look at where we wanted to be, why we weren't there and what was going wrong. Now you need to put in the small steps that will lead to your goal. If you have fallen off the path, start again - just because you can't do it all, doesn't mean you can't do any. New starters may like to set some goals for the next 3 months.

CHRISTMAS Sorry we do have to talk about it. If you love it and have been planning and saving all year, enjoy yourself.
    But let us think about cutting back.
    You still have time to have the 'no present pact' talk (token presents/ children only) or talk your work colleagues or other groups into only giving one card to the whole group with savings possibly going to charity.

You still have time to make presents but may need to buy materials (may be more time for edible gifts). Involve children in making gifts particularly for grand-parents and teachers. Encourage them to have a toy clear out and pass on any that are no longer wanted to younger family memebrs or charity (or sell to make a few pennies).

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas
    If the works annual do is a chore (and an expensive one) opt out. Say you aren't going.
    Some people have lovely families and love to gather together. Most of us have the odd awkward relative and some would try the patience of a saint. Don't let others take you for granted and don't feel obliged to welcome all and sundry.
    If Christmas is a difficult time for you, take time out if you need it, treat yourself kindly .

THE Challenge will run from 00.00 on 1st October until 00.00 on 31st October.

ODD - This month's inspiration is going to be slightly off the wall. Looking forward to how many of you can follow where others boldly go

BANNED Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. exemption for turtls who budget for this from personal/ social spending or who have nowhere else to meet a friend. Dispensation for support for sick friends.

EXTRA INCOME Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs (Bunny tales - and tails - always welcome).

REPORT in, daily if possible (I know some people have access problems). Sometimes people slink off if they have strayed but you will not feel better until you tell your fellow turtles about it. BE STRONGER THAN YOUR EXCUSES.

Last edited by mothernerd; 29-09-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £34/£100 Travel £4.30/£50 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£60 Xmas £24.75/£60 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 409/2017
Page 10
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 4th Oct 17, 9:05 PM
    • 2,182 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Hello again Fmess

Baileys Babe
    have a good holiday and see you when you get back

misstara and Jellybean88 awesome exercise

sashanut it's always good to be appreciated

Sazzle 13 hope your daughter is better soon

thrifty I have harvest envy

f0xh0les we should celebrate every day

mummylewis here's to dd sleeping

Calling14 Happy gigging, Take your time easing into your normal routine, remember to listen to your body.

determined new ms my friend had a letter to say he had an allotment (6 year wait). He hasn't even seen it but was talking about chickens and ducks.

squirrel girl lovely meals

Shelbi fingers crossed for you

greent you still have 3 months of this year to work on weight and fitness.

DebtFreeDuo make looking after yourself a priority

Kerry Woman amazing how much difference a little extra time makes

Hugs FBO

ccl
    look after yourself.
    NST Dec #4 SFD 5/15 Food £34/£100 Travel £4.30/£50 DIY £6/£30 Hol £50/£60 Xmas £24.75/£60 No Debt No mortgage Dec Clear out 409/2017
    • fruitloop04
    • By fruitloop04 4th Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    fruitloop04
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I did a HIIT session and felt a bit better after that and then relaxed watching the bake off with a Camille tea. I feel a bit pathetic for writing that now

I visited my sister in hospital after work and she looks so much better. Her and her daughter's bloods have come back good which is great news They are giving them both the last dose of antibiotics tomorrow and they will hopefully look to discharge them tomorrow after a final MOT. I am so relieved! My sister is still in a lot of pain but isn't on morphine anymore which is good. She justs wants to get home now.

I am going to go for the job - thank you everyone for the comments. My job is making me unhappy and they are running everyone in to the ground. I talked to the recruitment consultant today and it is the job I applied for - she got mixed up and thought they have senior positions. I am nervous already! I think it will just make me feel good that someone thinks I am good enough to work for them

I did a top up shop in Lidl today and spent personal money on car parking at the hospital. I have bought myself a beer for tonight (I caved in, but it is my first day of having a drink in October where previously I drank every day pretty much). It was only 79p in Lidl though and I bought one. Look at me justifying myself!!

So my totals so far are:

NSD: 2/20
    Food: £76.89/£280
    Personal: 17.03/100
    Alcohol Free days: 2
    16.08.2017 CC 1 - £2050 £1,500 CC 2 - £1766.82 £1406 Emergency savings: £1250/£6000
    Mortgage - April 2017 £153,000 £149,954
    Debt free by xmas: 1070.86/1500
    (Non Mortgage) Debt Free Date: August 2018
    • misstara
    • By misstara 4th Oct 17, 9:35 PM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 17,330 Thanks
    misstara
    Organise - lunch taken to work, took some stew out of the freezer to defrost for OH's tea. Had a quick check of the fridge to see what veg needs used up - green beans and mushrooms so that will be the veg for tomorrow night's tea.

Budget - £51.73/£150 food, £15/£20 social
    Rent, home insurance and council tax were paid today so will check bank balance and see if I can round down and send a wee payment to the debt.
    OH's phone is knackered so I lent him £60 from the emergency fund and he will pay me back £10 a week. Really need to get a proper emergency fund on the go as it now has £40 in it

NSDs - still on 3/20 as it was a spend day

Stoptober - no junk food snacks again today

Exercise - over 21,00 steps

Christmas - still to make my list and budget for this

Banned - went out for tea tonight but already budgeted for

Extra income - none so far but away to check for surveys after this

Had a particularly shitty day at work so meal out with friends plus glass of vino was well needed
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £0
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1239.95 (46.2% paid)
    Car debt Nov 2017 £797.68 Now £748.10 (6.2% paid) + monthly payments £146.82 0/60
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - Run 0/6, Gym 1/6 Groceries target £38.05/£200. NSD target 5/15.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 4th Oct 17, 9:38 PM
    • 2,182 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    mothernerd
    A positive start, I had a lovely sleep. Then I fell asleep again after morning pills and woke in a panic. No bath, no breakfast, quick wash threw on clothes and called for a taxi to the doctor's (was walking like a zombie), already resigned to getting doctor grumpy.

Told the receptionist I had an appointment (to have blood pressure re-taken) but needd to see the doctor. Lovely doctor still had room on his list. Was only sitting for 5 minutes and was called to the treatment room. Blood pressure fine (once we worked out why the machine wasn't - twisted cable) and I managed to cadge a paper towel as I hadn't put a hankie in my bag (she gave me 2).

Saw Dr Dan, he apologised profusely for mum not getting her anti-biotics, thought we had sorted it last month. Gave me a prescription for her and sent an extra one through to the pharmacy to be delivered. Now at least we have some wiggle room if they aren't delivered on time.

Waited for the prescription, saw the bus but it drove off before I got to the spot. Went back to the building and called a taxi. Due to the good appointments (little waiting) I was now in front of my 11.30am appointment. Ran into mum's with the pills (and dragged the bin back in as it had been emptied) and hopped back in the taxi to come home.

Shoved chilli in the microwave, boxed four more portions and packed them away in the freezer, sat on the bed to eat, allowed myself 10 minutes playing a game and then collected all my stuff for crafts.

Did the £1 bus hop. Good session although I was a bit grumpy (only with one person), two of us helped the blind girl with sewing a felt butterfly badge, the other volunteer turned up a bit late and helped the person making me cross (although she still asked me 'how to' half a dozen times.

One participant turned up even later but was very tired. I did get her to join in, but she also needed lots of help. Someone else joined us - she was in the room but had a meeting with two other people - think they are helping her with voluntary work placements to help with work she wants to do.

I had changed seats and then noticed taht one participant was crying. She has finally got a date for a much needed operation but suddenly got anxious about it. Myself and the project leader calmed her down and got her back to her normal cheerful self - she has so many health problems but she is such a lovely happy person.

Time to clear up (I have brought some bits home but should not take long). Walked home, did a mini shop on the way (no ys), ate a sandwich when I got in and fell asleep fully clothed. Still tired so will have another early night and hope I wake bright and early and can fit some (much needed) domestic bits in, in the morning before going to mum's.

Today I am grateful for lovely doctors and nurses, for getting things done in my zombie state and lovely meals from my mega meat pack and ys bargains.
    • dizzyblnd
    • By dizzyblnd 4th Oct 17, 9:59 PM
    • 370 Posts
    • 3,256 Thanks
    dizzyblnd
    I am really trying to declutter. I went through my kitchen cupboard yesterday and got rid of over 30 plastic container lids and odd bits that didn't match. I also threw a few plates that had chips or cracks in them. Didn't get a nsd as need sausages for dinner. I'm still at 1/15.
    NST #30: nsd 19/21
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 4th Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    • 2,572 Posts
    • 24,330 Thanks
    Fmess
    Still on SFD number 2 as I paid for slimming world today and bought chocolates for the neighbour who lent me their wifi. I called virgin media and the hasn't heard I had an issue even though the council and other neighbours had reported it to them. Not sure when it'll get fixed but at least I have wifi. Still no tv.

Ccl work is crazy here too. I'm in a sleep, work, walk dogs, marking, sleep again cycle atm!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Car and Roof Debt £0/£19033
    DecNST #2 SFD 0/15 Food 65.06/120 Personal 91.34/350 Petrol 40.01/80
    • ilovetea
    • By ilovetea 4th Oct 17, 11:05 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 6,202 Thanks
    ilovetea
    Mothernerd. You posts leave me exhausted.You seem to do so much in one day.

NSd no.4
    Made a crustless quiche with the leftover veg from Sunday. Enough for lunch tomorrow.
    Haven't done much at all today,but I did do the ironning.
    Slept a lot of the afternoon Be glad when the cough and cold go away.
    At least with feeling grotty I'm not going out and spending.
    Up do date with surveys. Didn't manage to list anything else on eb*y.
    Had some Amaz*n vouchers for my birthday. Sent for a silver chain and a book.As it wasn't my money ,can I count it as a NSD?

ilovetea xx
    £2017 in 2017. #2 £1,511.20
    • sashanut
    • By sashanut 4th Oct 17, 11:50 PM
    • 2,619 Posts
    • 24,394 Thanks
    sashanut
    No 6 checking in
    Hi all!

NSD: still 2/15 - 2 sacks animal food bought also fish oil which we had run out of...big bottle lasts ages but last lot cost £27!! Thought about not buying but DH pointed out animals all very healthy. Luckily now oil is not from salmon but cod so only £10 for a big tin...

Organise: Hmm did not get into cellar today, again - but did make all meals from scratch. Also put away few pairs of sandals as will not need again this year

Food budget: 137.44 /250

Be kind: slight spat with DD but only lasted approx. 2 mins...

One more time: Still sticking to SW

Extra Income: none so far

Christmas: still socking along for Christmas

Exercise: not unless you count dashing around like a headless chicken, including having to help DD bake cookies for work with only 40 mins before leaving. And no, I did not eat any

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Friend coming round for a catch up & natter

Throat spray in stock for tickly throat - great tip.

Beautiful Autumn colours in garden - & an unexpected late flowering dark red dahlia

Always grateful for DDs safe return...
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 . Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE
    • bizzie
    • By bizzie 4th Oct 17, 11:59 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 1,258 Thanks
    bizzie
    Leaving it to the last minute, almost, to post daily check in 4/31.
    Not read today's posts yet but will do later.
    Spending day both instore and online but all items on list with no deviations.
    Scarf made an appearance as found today very breezy but did stay dry. Heating still off but using curtain at the back door as cats can't decide whether to stay in or go out. Cat flap on the to do list.
    Last edited by bizzie; 05-10-2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Sp
    Groceries 168.48/400 Personal Spends ....../100
    NST December #29 NSD 5/15 @ 10/12/17
    Goals for 2017: Balance in
    Self: Health: Wealth :
    • Purplebonnie
    • By Purplebonnie 5th Oct 17, 5:48 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 577 Thanks
    Purplebonnie
    Organise October

Organise/Declutter –
    Lunch – Vegetarian Sausage Roll & a pear
    Dinner – Leftover Risotto

Regular – Spent £30.88 in Home Bargains and stuck to list – a big achievement!

Get Ready – Will buy some de-icer when I go to Home bargains - Done

SFD : 1/15

Improvise : Use an old wall hanging as a curtain for the back door. It is on a pole, so just need two hooks.

Stoptober : Aim to not even look at eBay today - achieved

Exercise : Walk the dog for at least 20 mins per day. Also do back & neck exercises - Done

One More Time : Stuck to SW plan

Christmas :
    Extra Income :

Food Budget : £200 /£48.18
    SFD : 15 / 1
    Stoptober : No spending on eBay 31/4
    October Goal : Lose 8lbs /
    Extra Income : £100 /£31.06
    September 2017 Total Debt £37188.89 / DFD 01/05/22
    October 2017 Debt £36149.48 / DFD 01/04/22
    Extra Payments : 0.1% = £37.19 Total paid 0.3%
    MBNA - £5350.73

October Food Budget : £200/£114.94 Extra Income £100 /£81.06
    SFD : 8/31 Weight Loss (Goal 8lbs) :
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 5th Oct 17, 6:59 AM
    • 6,633 Posts
    • 48,652 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Ilovetea - only spending vouchers doesn't lose you an NSD.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 4/15; Ex 2/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove /31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 5th Oct 17, 7:31 AM
    • 2,182 Posts
    • 22,327 Thanks
    mothernerd
    Day Five inspiration
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking that it is stupid
    Albert Einstein
    • fruitloop04
    • By fruitloop04 5th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 158 Posts
    • 469 Thanks
    fruitloop04
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking that it is stupid
    Albert Einstein
    Originally posted by mothernerd
    Love this quote!
    16.08.2017 CC 1 - £2050 £1,500 CC 2 - £1766.82 £1406 Emergency savings: £1250/£6000
    Mortgage - April 2017 £153,000 £149,954
    Debt free by xmas: 1070.86/1500
    (Non Mortgage) Debt Free Date: August 2018
    • laurenh1
    • By laurenh1 5th Oct 17, 9:11 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 2,260 Thanks
    laurenh1
    Just checking in! Love this page- it makes me really consider my spending and I have something really special I am saving for!

NSD number 4!! lunch from home, kids eating at nursery today, soup made with leftovers for supper!

Tomorrow will certainly be a spend day as I need to go shopping and stock up. I will be pleased though if I make 5 days out of 7! I am secretly hoping for 6!!

Organised - i intend to spend the weekend making meals for the freezer and for the busy nights when I have been at work all day!

Christmas; I a pretty much done, I have a few hundred pounds to spend on food and the odd gift- I have budgeted accordingly.

Stoptober; stopping with all the little shop runs because I am new to this post ha ha!

Excersize- will be pushing my little lumps to the supermarket tomorrow and doing all our jobs- and weighing myself as per usual while I am out. baby weight off so far 9lb's - heres hoping for more, but not holding my breath as a birthday party put paid to my no junk rule, but hey ho, we had fun!

be kind: I will be taking some stuff to the charity shop and sharing more of my lovely eggs with some lovely neighbours!

Have a fab day everyone
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 5th Oct 17, 9:39 AM
    • 101 Posts
    • 866 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Just checking in for today and yesterday. Yesterday was NSD (3/15) as forgot to bring money to training to pay membership. Then since it was a NSD managed to resist popping back out and getting some snacks so I could keep the NSD. Today will be spendy as need to get food for the weekend as won't get a chance tomorrow.
    Pick up the keys to new flat tomorrow. Going to be a mental weekend trying to get everything moved especially when I am away all day Saturday at sports tournament and have to go into work for short while on Sunday. Will manage somehow, don't really have a choice!!

Love todays quote Mothernerd
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 5th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 3,107 Posts
    • 25,631 Thanks
    thriftylass
    thrifty I have harvest envy
    Originally posted by mothernerd
    I wish my granny could witness this. When she tried to teach me about gardening I was just not interested, now I wish I had more time for it.

Harvested chopped and froze kale, chard, and spinach. Not much but enough to add to meals here and there. Took a turnip (swede), three mini Kohlrabi that stopped growing and some carrots and chopped them into soup/stew mix. Also harvested the sweetcorn (two big cobs, and 4 baby cobs, never occurred to me that baby corn is really just baby corn ). The wee ones we had in our Chinese fake away yesterday, the big ones go in the oven tonight.

I also tidied my freezer, had to bin two items and sorted my herbs. Had a poly bag full of random LO herb baggies. Sorted them and put them into individually labelled tubs.

Opened a bottle of wine last night (so much for not drinking before the race) and had a good chat with hubby about finances and future plans for the house which was great. A previous chat didn't go so well but this time we both had time to think about the other person's views and it was great. He'll really start to tackle his overdraft now (I'll check up on him ) and we'll overpay the mortgage from January

lunch to work and swim later.
    NST Nov 6
    SFD 3/20 spends 401/625 (98/200 xmas)
    Exercise 5/20
    Debt - all 0% 1000 to go from 5290 (80% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
    • moneysavingfamilycomp
    • By moneysavingfamilycomp 5th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 568 Posts
    • 1,821 Thanks
    moneysavingfamilycomp
    Hi hope everyone is well today

spend day yesterday as needed to top up so £26.90 in aldi it did include a big pack of toilet rolls which will hopefully last a while if little munchkins dont use half a roll to wipe there noses and some sweets to add to a present for one of dd's friends who's party is on sunday.

My sis came to visit and I managed to keep fending off her suggestions of 'this would be great for' and 'thats a good price' while looking around aldis special buys so no unnecessary spends. she means well and doesn't do it on purpose but it gets exhausting and makes me feel low not being able to spend.

Both kids have brought home sponsor forms so will need to add to school spend.

will be busy today as my order arrives so need to sort it and deliver to customers should make about £125 to add to extra income which goes straight off debt and should also mean a nsd.

organise: 1 drawer sorted out and a couple of bits listed on eb*y
    winter: heating still off , bought de icer in aldi
    kind: still managing but tested to limit yesterday
    nsd: 2/15
    exercise: does running around like a lunatic count walked kids to school again so 3/5 this week
    christmas: need to make lists now

we are going away for a couple of nights to blackpool in school hols but doing well with that
    hotel: good deal so £162 for 2 nights for me,DH,DD,DS incl breakfast + parking
    zoo and sealife: clubcard vouchers £0
    day 1lunch: whs till spit for burger k*ng £6 will need to add bits but should still be less than £10 for 4 of us
    day 1meal: voucher for free meal brewers f*yre for my birthday + £20 refund I got should more or less cover it
    day 2 lunch: will need to be bought sandwiches to take to zoo
    day 2 evening: fish and chips but FIL usually gives us money to treat ourselves which pays that
    day 3 lunch: i'm still voucher hunting

food 33.19/200, diesel 0/50, school 12/20, beauty 0/25, clothing 0/30, NSD 2/15
    Last edited by moneysavingfamilycomp; 05-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    i find a cup of tea can solve most problems
    but alcohol solves them all
    first blue baby moneysaver 09/05/1993
    pink baby moneysaver born 30/07/2011
    blue baby moneysaver born 28/09/2012
    debt to pay : cc 1217.10 holiday : 607.42
    • Tea&Kittens
    • By Tea&Kittens 5th Oct 17, 10:54 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 634 Thanks
    Tea&Kittens
    Turtle #23 Checking in!
    Sold a Boardgame, there's £30!

Sorted out some clothes for charity / ebay.

Need some kind of motivation to sort and tidy house ready for a friends visit next weekend!
    October: NSDs 6 / 17 NSDs in a row: 1 / 5
    I started my debtfree journey on 07 September 2017: Total: £20,521 £19847
    Barclaycard: £14659 £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : £3112 £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: 350 £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 5th Oct 17, 3:56 PM
    • 3,107 Posts
    • 25,631 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Just found out my DH will have to go away for a week with work. Will miss him but it'll save a few pennies in food etc.

Will free up some time to do stuff in the house too, strangely enough.

Will plan tonight
    Last edited by thriftylass; 05-10-2017 at 4:05 PM.
    NST Nov 6
    SFD 3/20 spends 401/625 (98/200 xmas)
    Exercise 5/20
    Debt - all 0% 1000 to go from 5290 (80% paid off)
    DFD 2/2018 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 16 years left
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 5th Oct 17, 4:03 PM
    • 6,633 Posts
    • 48,652 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Thrifty - excellent news about the finances chat between you and your dh! Hope it all goes smoothly for you both.
    NST DDD#1; NSD 4/15; Ex 2/12; craft 11/30 (267); remove /31 (601)
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £3708/£4050; 2
    017 sell 351

Mortgage £23,486 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

229Posts Today

1,267Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin