Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 54m
    • By 54m 28th Sep 17, 9:19 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    54m
    BP Petrol Station ; PCM
    • 28th Sep 17, 9:19 AM
    BP Petrol Station ; PCM 28th Sep 17 at 9:19 AM
    Hi all, I've read through the FAQs in regards to complaint and appealing but still unsure as something seem a bit off, or maybe it just me.

Received a 'Postal Notification of Parking Charge' letter from Parking Control Management (UK) Ltd ; they've recently took control of the local BP petrol station mini car park. The letter states .. vehicle was parked in a manner whereby the driver agreed to pay a charge : "Parking in a parking area reserved for patrons whilst on the premises only" - The signage in the area is clear and concise.

However photographic evidence of the vehicle being parked is not proof that the driver did not use the premises, please correct me if I'm wrong?
    Last edited by 54m; 28-09-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Page 1
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 28th Sep 17, 10:12 AM
    • 579 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:12 AM
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:12 AM
    It isnt proof that the driver did not use the premises

Edit your post. "the driver"

Of course it isnt, they have no proof at all. Also do the signs even require this?

Follow the newbies thread, first appeals are always rejected.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 28th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    can you prove you were using the premises (eg a bank account entry or a receipt?)
    • 54m
    • By 54m 28th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    54m
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:47 AM
    It isnt proof that the driver did not use the premises

Edit your post. "the driver"

Of course it isnt, they have no proof at all. Also do the signs even require this?

Follow the newbies thread, first appeals are always rejected.
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    Need to check the signs.
    • 54m
    • By 54m 28th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    54m
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:49 AM
    can you prove you were using the premises (eg a bank account entry or a receipt?)
    Originally posted by Loadsofchildren123
    Receipt thrown away, and used cash at the tills.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 50,736 Posts
    • 64,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 28th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    As ever, a PCM charge is defendable if and when they try a useless small claim.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 29th Sep 17, 3:16 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 2,154 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    • 29th Sep 17, 3:16 PM
    • 29th Sep 17, 3:16 PM
    Just asking - of course, you don't have to have independent evidence in the form of a bank statement entry or a receipt. If this went to court, you can attest to the fact that you went in there (and say what you went in there for, was it petrol or to buy something else like milk?). For instance, you could say that you drive past it every day on the way home from work, or the way home from your mum's/girlfriend's etc, and often go in there to grab milk or bread because there's parking right in front and it's quicker than going to the supermarket.... you invariably pay in cash and always throw away receipts for small purchases.

The judge either believes you or doesn't, on the balance of probabilities. Since nobody will be there from the Claimant's side who can personally say they saw you park up and leave, and not go into the shop, it would be difficult for a judge to find against you (you'd have to come across as a complete shifty liar for him to do that.....)
    • 54m
    • By 54m 12th Oct 17, 7:51 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    54m
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:51 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 7:51 AM
    Could they use CCTV as proof to prove driver did not enter and use their premise?
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Oct 17, 8:22 AM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 3,740 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:22 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 8:22 AM
    Could they use CCTV as proof to prove driver did not enter and use their premise?
    Originally posted by 54m
    The stupid PPC won't have CCTV, and you are saying you did enter the premises so if they did it would be to your advantage!
    Last edited by fisherjim; 12-10-2017 at 8:25 AM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • 54m
    • By 54m 12th Oct 17, 10:13 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    54m
    The driver always park there when going to a local shop which is literally across the road, but does use the cash machine on the petrol station premises beforehand every now and again.

Is there a template to draft a complaint letter to landowner have PCN cancelled, as oppose to 'appeal' templates already on forum please? I assume the complaint letter will be aimed at BP as they own the land? & not Londis who actually run the shop on premises.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Oct 17, 10:31 PM
    • 2,496 Posts
    • 3,740 Thanks
    fisherjim
    The driver always park there when going to a local shop which is literally across the road, but does use the cash machine on the petrol station premises beforehand every now and again.

Is there a template to draft a complaint letter to landowner have PCN cancelled, as oppose to 'appeal' templates already on forum please? I assume the complaint letter will be aimed at BP as they own the land? & not Londis who actually run the shop on premises.
    Originally posted by 54m
    Sometimes you do have to think for yourself, there aren't templates for every eventuality!

I certainly wouldn't quote your statement above where you openly state the driver regularly abuses the site operators parking facilities, which is exactly why they feel the need to engage scum bags to issue exorbitant charges.

No idea who you should complain to, it should be who ever contracted the PPC which may be Londis, you will have to go to site and ask to see the manager in my opinion.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 13-10-2017 at 8:34 AM.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,053Posts Today

6,641Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin