Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Citygirl1
    • By Citygirl1 27th Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    • 864Posts
    • 441Thanks
    Citygirl1
    Ready meals/prepared food
    • 27th Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    Ready meals/prepared food 27th Sep 17 at 9:41 PM
    Hi everyone, I live alone and work full time and find myself eating a lot of ready meals and Birds Eye type frozen foods because its more convenient, especially the ready meals.

Someone at work says she batch cooks but that must take more time and not to mention washing up afterwards. Is this method really healthier and cheaper? Plenty of ready meals get sold so they must be some good.
Page 3
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 4th Oct 17, 3:57 PM
    • 4,591 Posts
    • 19,760 Thanks
    Slinky
    The vit d has nothing to do with what she is eating, despite the rubbish about salmon and eggs containing it, in the winter in this country you need to supplement. The vit b12 may also be nothing to do with her diet if she has absorption issues or pernicious anaemia.
    Originally posted by patchwork cat
    The vitamin D is probably due to not getting out in the sunshine much anymore. She's 87. She does eat salmon.
    • patchwork cat
    • By patchwork cat 4th Oct 17, 4:34 PM
    • 5,644 Posts
    • 8,714 Thanks
    patchwork cat
    The vitamin D is probably due to not getting out in the sunshine much anymore. She's 87. She does eat salmon.
    Originally posted by Slinky
    Yes, the older you get the less vitamin D you synthesise even if you go into the sun, so supplementation is her best bet. I have supplemented for 3 years ( you have to take more than the 800 iu recommended )and it has made a tremendous difference to how many colds I get.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin