Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dee100
    • By dee100 27th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 5Thanks
    dee100
    PIP assessment tomorrow, how to prove am terrible with budgeting?
    • 27th Sep 17, 8:57 PM
    PIP assessment tomorrow, how to prove am terrible with budgeting? 27th Sep 17 at 8:57 PM
    Re the budgeting question, I was wondering who is going to verify my budgeting problems? How am I going to prove I need a lot of help with budgeting? Take bank statements showing I am nearly overdrawn this week?
    Any other advice re assessment much appreciated, taking:
    GP support letter
    presc list
    thank you
Page 5
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 1st Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    Big ole Troll!
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd Oct 17, 5:56 PM
    • 8,628 Posts
    • 5,100 Thanks
    teddysmum
    OP you can not accuse mums and dads, who write about the problems of their mentally impaired sons and daughters of being anti-mental health and I have just given an example of a 40+year-old student and his difficulties, adding that if you genuinely want help, you can get the same help as he had, one to one,at your local college, completely free of charge.

Incidentally , those interested, will be pleased to hear that last year,the student touched me on the shoulder, while shopping in Tesco, introduced his mum and delightedly told me that he had his first ever job, in a supermarket's back store, after many years of unemployment. (I notice that Tesco are doing a similar scheme as there was a store worker on Friday, showing a teenager, with Downs, how to decide if he needed to top up boxes in a special offers cabinet.)
    • dee100
    • By dee100 4th Nov 17, 9:40 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    dee100
    You will be pleased to hear I have been awarded 16 points
    12 points daily living (enhanced rate)
    4 points mobility (zero award)
    2 points were for needing budgeting help
    she gave me all these points because i have over 20 physical ailments and many psychological problems SAD GAD OCPD AVPD, OCD.insomnia.
    i supplied
    CPN report
    psychiatrist report
    2nd Psychiarist PIP support letter
    GP ESa support letter
    GP medical summary
    2nd GP PIP support letter
    i have applied for SDA which i will receive in 5 days backdated 13 weeks
    this is good as otherwise my GP and Psychiatrist would have come to the tribunal which would have been a terrible waste of their much needed time. good results for everyone accept MSE insulters, barring Alice Holt of course
    the Lord Jesus Christ bless you, you need it!
    Ps
    Of course soon I will hear from my Landlord telling me council has told them to send me 6 months DHP they are holding, about £643
    truth always wins
    Last edited by dee100; 04-11-2017 at 9:46 PM.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 4th Nov 17, 9:57 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 885 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Congratulations on your award.

truth always wins
    Which version of it?

After 3 months on benefit cap the Landlord demanded payment, i used my overdraft to pay £20pw benefit cap for 3 months as a lump sum, about £250...same thing again after 2 months, payed lump sum from o/d..
    I applied for 3 months backdated DHP and for council to pay for future benefit cap.
    They sent Landlord £543 for 6 months benefit cap. At the time i only owed 1 month’s benefit cap £86.66.
    When i applied I told the council on DHP form most of the money from the DHP would be to clear my overdraft. That was why i applied.
    Landlord said she is keeping money against any future arrears.
    I called council...they said the Landlord has to do that. Did the person give me wrong info?
    Landlord said she would give me the money to settle my overdraft if the council tells her to, not otherwise.
    Council gave me DHP up to the day I started getting ESA support group (total 6 months) which I am on for 1 year till review...so no benefit cap now.
    How can I get council to tell Landlord to give me the money as it is my money not the Landlord’s. The owner is a millionaire and very likely will keep the money for himself. He already has £700 advance from me against rent arrears. Council pays rent direct to landlord.
    Whilst on benefit cap I was on ESA £73.10pw less £10pw overpayment = £63.10. Less benefit cap £20 would have been £43.10pw.
    Advice much appreciated.
    People attacking me on other thread stay away. Any attacks, insulting remarks or innuendo on this thread will be reported to admins who will remove you from this board
    Originally posted by dee100
    Last edited by BorisThomson; 04-11-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    • dee100
    • By dee100 4th Nov 17, 10:30 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    dee100
    PIP awarded to 27 Sep 2019, 2 years 3 months. they will contact re any new changes sept 18
    already on ESASG so now getting all that I am entitled to without appeals or tribunals. I didn't even do ESA assessment as evidence was so overwhelming...
    Moral: get the medical evidence. No one can argue with that, accept MSE haters
    Thank you, Alice Holt, the Lord bless you
    i won't read your responses, you won't have that pleasure
    • dee100
    • By dee100 18th Nov 17, 8:19 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    dee100
    Update on SDA
    I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with joy to hear I am on severe Disability Allowance as of 1 week ago, backdated to July 1 of course...
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 18th Nov 17, 8:27 PM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 3,869 Thanks
    IAmWales
    I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with joy to hear I am on severe Disability Allowance as of 1 week ago, backdated to July 1 of course...
    Have you arranged support in managing all that money our dee, would you like any assistance with that? We'd hate to see you in a mess with your spending difficulties.
    • Metranil Vavin
    • By Metranil Vavin 18th Nov 17, 10:08 PM
    • 4,460 Posts
    • 16,546 Thanks
    Metranil Vavin
    Yeah right..
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
    • GlasweJen
    • By GlasweJen 18th Nov 17, 10:18 PM
    • 6,321 Posts
    • 11,345 Thanks
    GlasweJen
    Of course you are dear
    Bounts, Quidco, Shop and Scan, Receipt Hog, Costco Cashback, Debit card cashback

NOT BUYING IT
    (unless it's on offer and can get my loyalty points)
    • elsien
    • By elsien 18th Nov 17, 10:44 PM
    • 15,435 Posts
    • 38,763 Thanks
    elsien
    If you mean Severe Disablement Allowance, that was abolished some years ago.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 18th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 1,769 Posts
    • 1,593 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Maybe the OP needs an appointee to make sure she doesn't go overdrawn in the future.
    • deannatrois
    • By deannatrois 19th Nov 17, 8:17 AM
    • 4,916 Posts
    • 6,883 Thanks
    deannatrois
    This thread makes me quite sad. The OP probably does need help, but can't communicate well and pushes it all away.

I remember as a teen I used to do that as I was in a bad situation and was very rude to anyone (who I can now see) was actually trying to help. So I didn't get any help.

There has to be a line, where you just mentally gag yourself and see what happens.

I have to do this all the time. I'm inclined (a lot of things have happened) to tell everything/everyone to go away, but I calm down back off, and try again.

Dee try and be a bit more receptive if you can. You might not agree with what people say, but acknowledge there is something in what you said/done that caused it to happen. Something that you can work on. That way lies change and improvement. Again, I do it all the time.

I and my two sons all have ASD. There is a lot we need to work on, and we never stop. We don't want to stay with no hope and no help so we keep trying. You have to as its the only way things will change. I've even learned to some degree to cope with responses on here that can be unhelpful and negative. But they were written for a reason. Sometimes to make the responder feel better but usually to help.
    • Alice Holt
    • By Alice Holt 19th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 1,583 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    Alice Holt
    The OP probably does need help, but can't communicate well and pushes it all away.

Dee try and be a bit more receptive if you can. You might not agree with what people say, but acknowledge there is something in what you said/done that caused it to happen. Something that you can work on. That way lies change and improvement. .
    Originally posted by deannatrois
    I would second this. The OP would seem in danger of cutting herself off from future help / advice by the tone of some of her recent comments (and the predictable responses to them). This is a sad, and an unedifying thread.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 19th Nov 17, 10:56 AM
    • 29,853 Posts
    • 55,832 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    I too felt that the OP had difficulty communicating and had not expressed her case properly.

People,let us try and remember that some people do have difficulty in this area, and maybe try and ask them further questions before deciding they are a troll, a WUM or a Benefits cheat?

I include myself in this, although I don't think I have taken part in the thread before this post.

I know my son's partner, when applying for DLA, when asked on the form what sort of help she needed said 'I need someone to help me understand'. Luckily we were able to go through the form with her and help her to expand on her answer, which should have said that because she is on the Autistic Spectrum with Aspergers' Syndrome, she is not always able to understand what is required of her and what her response should be. Someone to help her to do this and explain things would make things a lot easier for her(we of course do this as a family). But she may have written something and explained it as the OP has, when she meant something more.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    'Let me tell you this one thing. When you fall out, as you will, don't get blaming each other. Look inside yourself first'. - Hilda Ogden, to Sally on her wedding day to Kevin, Coronation Street 1986. '
    • Ames
    • By Ames 19th Nov 17, 2:06 PM
    • 16,585 Posts
    • 29,014 Thanks
    Ames
    I too felt that the OP had difficulty communicating and had not expressed her case properly.

People,let us try and remember that some people do have difficulty in this area, and maybe try and ask them further questions before deciding they are a troll, a WUM or a Benefits cheat?

I include myself in this, although I don't think I have taken part in the thread before this post.

I know my son's partner, when applying for DLA, when asked on the form what sort of help she needed said 'I need someone to help me understand'. Luckily we were able to go through the form with her and help her to expand on her answer, which should have said that because she is on the Autistic Spectrum with Aspergers' Syndrome, she is not always able to understand what is required of her and what her response should be. Someone to help her to do this and explain things would make things a lot easier for her(we of course do this as a family). But she may have written something and explained it as the OP has, when she meant something more.
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend
    And don't forget that the whole point of PIP, as I understand it, is to deal with a range of difficulties. So someone who is completely incapable of handling money, as examples have been given in this thread, would get full points. Someone who's condition is less severe would get just a couple of points.

The two point descriptor and people who are awarded it doesn't in any way diminish or undermine the difficulties of people who get full points. In fact, IMO, it does the opposite.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.

Reading the alphabet in 2017. 21/100
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 19th Nov 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 3,869 Thanks
    IAmWales
    People were sympathetic until OP posted another thread demonstrating a grasp of finances, at a level beyond that of many without health difficulties.

I've no doubt she'll continue to ignore honest advice, and focus on that from those that promote benefit maximisation no matter what.
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 19th Nov 17, 3:02 PM
    • 855 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    I thought some people had been harsh but then I looked at some earlier threads. Stoozing, swopping monies from one account to the other, drip feeding into other accounts. The OP clearly has a good grasp of finances.....
    • cattie
    • By cattie 20th Nov 17, 2:08 PM
    • 7,743 Posts
    • 5,273 Thanks
    cattie
    this is good as otherwise my GP and Psychiatrist would have come to the tribunal which would have been a terrible waste of their much needed time. good results for everyone accept MSE insulters, barring Alice Holt of course
    the Lord Jesus Christ bless you, you need it!
    Really, and what planet are you on where highly skilled medical professionals who are already drastically overworked would be willing & able to take precious time out of their incredibly busy schedules to attend a DWP tribunal?? It's not planet earth, that's for sure.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,063Posts Today

6,050Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin