Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AM1103
    • By AM1103 27th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 2Thanks
    AM1103
    proof for inheritance
    • 27th Sep 17, 5:45 PM
    proof for inheritance 27th Sep 17 at 5:45 PM
    Hi there

Looking for some real peoples experiences and advice as im a bit jaded with lawyers, ill try be brief but to the point.

Im being edged out of my fathers estate, and need advise to see if i will be able to secure my share, hopefully without too much stress

I am essentially one of 3 estranged children, all 3 of us come from different mothers. our father took nothing to do with any of us, and had no will, so the 3 of us should get a 3rd, but the sister who is the executor seems to be nudging me out.

That sister has direct DNA proof, sister 2 is listed on the birth certificate, and i have neither. My father denied i was his.

Sister who is the executor is denying me a DNA test with her. I've had a Y chromosome with my fathers brother, which confirms to me i am my fathers son, but the executor is in rightly stating this doesnt proof im my fathers.

My fathers relationship with my mum was very secretive, so very few people knew. My lawyer is getting me to get people who knew to give statements, and is hopeful this will be enough.

So basically im looking for info on what i need to do/ likely outcome of this. Im in scotland (if that has any bearing on the situation)

I can give more details if needed

Thanks.
Page 3
    • Gers
    • By Gers 11th Jan 18, 4:52 PM
    • 6,033 Posts
    • 36,454 Thanks
    Gers
    Think hes gone, not logged since early December.

Its a shame as hed learn that even illegitimate children still have those legal rights under Scottish law.

I hope hes got proper legal advice by now and knows that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,778Posts Today

6,597Users online

Martin's Twitter