Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AnotherJAM
    • By AnotherJAM 26th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AnotherJAM
    Wheelie annoying neighbours
    • 26th Sep 17, 9:40 PM
    Wheelie annoying neighbours 26th Sep 17 at 9:40 PM
    Hi all,
    I know its not money saving but everytime the bin collectors have been my new next door neighbours get home from work and pulls their wheelie bin right across my lawn to the front of their house. I haven't seen them do it but the tracks across my grass leading right to their door are a giveaway.
    What would you do...or am I just talking rubbish?
Page 2
    • bugslet
    • By bugslet 2nd Oct 17, 11:07 AM
    • 5,753 Posts
    • 28,193 Thanks
    bugslet
    As above, be a good neighbour and put the bin back yourself.
    Originally posted by McKneff
    In fairness, it sounds as if they get home after the other neighbour has dragged their bin across their lawn.

It is a bit thoughtless of them to do so and I'm sure if you went round politely and just asked them nicely, it would work.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 3rd Oct 17, 1:55 AM
    • 2,011 Posts
    • 2,099 Thanks
    robin58
    a] Why should the OP? The neighbour might have a grotty bin and/or be more physically suited to moving it.
    b] They might be doing it hours before the OP is in a position to even think about it. If the bins are put out early morning and the OP goes to work and comes home at 6-7pm, they might be doing it between 2-7pm!

I'd not wish to touch somebody else's grubby germ-laden bin; I struggle mentally touching my own and I control how often I clean it etc etc... and there's never anything "yucky" in my bin and no spillages on it. Bins gross me out.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Whatever you do, don't look done when you a no. 2 in your loo then.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • robin58
    • By robin58 3rd Oct 17, 1:58 AM
    • 2,011 Posts
    • 2,099 Thanks
    robin58
    To be honest a majority of neighbours would tell you to go away in an impolite manner if you asked them not to drag a bin across your lawn nowadays.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 3rd Oct 17, 3:47 AM
    • 3,682 Posts
    • 3,011 Thanks
    dekaspace
    I used to have a neighbours relative take the bins out at like 6.30am on the dot every week, did do mine two or three times in 18 months I lived there but that was when it had his stuff in anyway.

I never used the bins as lived alone and the other tenants had guests round all the time so just emptied like half a carrier bag of rubbish a day into the black council bin outside my property,

He did start complaining I never took the bins in though and he always has to do it (actually I did on a few occasions to be nice as I knew he would complain but stopped as I felt I was being too nice)

Side story on that, he had no problem keeping me awake to as late as 4.30am every day as he liked his drink, and then stagger downstairs drunk and go to his own flat across road, or putting tv on so loud you could hear word for word in the bedroom what he was watching in living room! (he made the excuse he was partly deaf and the walls were thin)
    • Kosher Kid
    • By Kosher Kid 3rd Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Kosher Kid
    Stick a note on their bin:
    "Please do not wheel me on grass"

Or stick a sign on your lawn:
    "Keep Off The Grass"
    Or
    "No Passage For Wheelie Bins"
    Or
    "Off Me Grass! Choose The First Word Yourself"

That should sort the scoundrels out.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 3rd Oct 17, 1:00 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Either edge it with something low-relief such as a hedge or how about digging some borders and planting roses?
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 3rd Oct 17, 3:25 PM
    • 31,037 Posts
    • 114,342 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Has anyone suggested land mines?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,470Posts Today

8,751Users online

Martin's Twitter